Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

+29
lebby
Vandermillion
Knight
Goodknight
Oishii
Raem.Memiroa
Mojo
evertosword
luchianguyen
linnil
Kirito
Deddinty
noobarta
yesyes600
Grisia
SiguusaEcho
Vielfras
laserface
Kenneth
Demoninmysoul
Lareyn
Namorax
Blique
ReddishWhite
Bloodside
AshStone
Musica
elkin
noobzilla
33 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 6 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  lebby Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 am

There's only one more day and I can't finish my picture!!

O well, here is my sketch anyways Crying or Very sad

Spoiler:

Onward to Lavias!
lebby
lebby
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 6 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  Kenneth Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Wow, I suppose it's dumb of me to be asking now of all times, but does the contest end on the morning of the 30th or the night of the 30th o.o;;

EDIT:
Meh, nvm. I think I'd have needed another couple days to finish anyway o_o; I'd like to have worked on it more, but move on, right? o.o;

If anyone is willing, I am OversleepingComplex on deviantart. Critique? Albeit, it's unfinished though.

Last edited by Kenneth on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid question? More like i gave up o_o;)

Kenneth

Character sheet
Name: Kenneth
Class: None
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I'll ask the boss if extensions are possible, so I'd keep working at unfinished drawings in case she says yes. No promises though.

I just wanna see everyone's pics~
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenneth Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:24 pm

No, no, that wouldn't be fair.

...I'll still work on it though ^w^

Kenneth

Character sheet
Name: Kenneth
Class: None

Back to top Go down

Post  lebby Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Nuddle I really like your drawings! Especially the one where weed is sculpting. It's a shame that they aren't colored Embarassed he looks really good.

I was soo happy when I saw that we might be getting an extension cus I just finished mine ^^ but I agree with Kenneth that it won't be fair to those who finished on time. I already have one in too, so I'll just share this other one on here and not the submission page Smile

Spoiler:

I call it Upward to Lavias!

and i just can't wait to read about their adventures there. I hope there will be a translation soon =) next drawing maybe in memphis hall

Last edited by lebby on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : dear me i forgot a shadow for the bird)
lebby
lebby
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcedemius Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 am

@Vielfras: it was my first non-realistic, manga-style group, usually I do individuals, and I actually started with the cat guy, just trying to draw rpg style characters. It grew into the crowd, and much to my chagrin I liked them all and didn't have the heart to start over...I now have practice on drawing groups (first time for everything) and yeah, I always manage to get something wrong perspective-wise, even when drawing from real life. I've been working on it since I first started, and will persevere!! Thanks for pointing out the different horizon lines, I knew there was something wrong, I just couldn't find it to fix it @_@

@Laserface: It was my intention to have weed look like the plainest guy there, so thankyou for noticing that I intentionally put the reaper guy right next to him : 3

@Gavi: your picture looks great! (as for the lighting – it looks perfect to me, like dusk, and I see stars all the time where I live even when the sun's still a half hour away from setting...)

@Elkin: I think your drawing should be the front cover of the novel. Just my own opinion, but when I looked at it I thought “omg, that's perfect”. XD

@Oishi: Thankyou! I tried coloring it (after I photocopied the inked version, so I wouldn't ruin the original...) and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, so since there was no way I was going to make the deadline, I left it as a sketch online and sat back enjoying the other artworks! : 3

@Lareyn: I agree with Namorax! That last one is exactly how I pictured Weed!!

@Mojo: I only draw in the physical world; completely horrendous with anything to do with computers. Why no pic though? Thought you were going to contribute? :S

On a side note: Heise = a male Minerva, god of art (among other things)

Lacey: Every time I look at your drawing I just...I just can't get over it...how did you do it? It's amazing!! It looks halfway in between a glass painting and … an engraving? A print? I just...wow....

thankyou everyone for the comments. this is the first time i've ever entered any drawing competition, (the first time i've ever put my art online at all), so thankyou for the confidence boost.
Razz wouldn't want to be the judge in this competition, huh...

btw @Lebby; that art is so cool! glad i got to see the finished version!!

Last edited by Arcedemius on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : just saw Lebby's art)

Arcedemius

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 am

Boss says that late entries are allowed! Tomorrow is the last day for submitting, so hurry them up~!
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 am

Another Question: How (and by whom) will the entries be judged?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 6 Empty prohibition weed

Post  lebby Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Blique wrote:
Boss says that late entries are allowed! Tomorrow is the last day for submitting, so hurry them up~!

Hurray for Blique! Time to move my picture to the other side.

And since I was actually kinda free today, I scrolled through some of the older posts of this topic and saw your comment about a prohibition weed. A lightbulb went off and this came into being during my break between assignments.

Spoiler:

Enjoy!

@ Arcedemius, Thanks XD To be honest, wen i first saw your submission before i started drawing, i thought, WHOA thats some competition right there LOLZ made me try to rev up my game Wink
lebby
lebby
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Awesooome. *w* I've been wanting to see that idea carried out actually. XD You're awesome! Thanks!
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:26 am

The results will be announced shortly, the me and deddinty are the judges mainly + other OSS members. Thanks for you patience Smile
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 am

The results are out, please visit the blog (oddsquad.org) to see them. Also winners please tell me whether i should mail you at the email address you used in this forum.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6