Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

+29
lebby
Vandermillion
Knight
Goodknight
Oishii
Raem.Memiroa
Mojo
evertosword
luchianguyen
linnil
Kirito
Deddinty
noobarta
yesyes600
Grisia
SiguusaEcho
Vielfras
laserface
Kenneth
Demoninmysoul
Lareyn
Namorax
Blique
ReddishWhite
Bloodside
AshStone
Musica
elkin
noobzilla
33 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 5 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  Mojo Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, I gave myself a few days to cool down. I was a little upset that my post was mod edited with spoilers to hide my opinion.. So I decided rather than b*tch about how other people should draw like I want Weed to look like I should just draw Weed myself. I hope your happy folks, I suck at drawing and I don't have any savoy with computer graphics so I'm going to draw the old fashion way (On paper! Ye gasp!!)then scan it. Hopefully, this Sunday, I'll have time to do this.

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Tampopo
Class: Mage
Race: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 5 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest

Post  noobarta Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Mojo wrote:Well, I gave myself a few days to cool down. I was a little upset that my post was mod edited with spoilers to hide my opinion.. So I decided rather than b*tch about how other people should draw like I want Weed to look like I should just draw Weed myself. I hope your happy folks, I suck at drawing and I don't have any savoy with computer graphics so I'm going to draw the old fashion way (On paper! Ye gasp!!)then scan it. Hopefully, this Sunday, I'll have time to do this.

lol I suck to but I still draw sometimes for laughs, no need to be super serious is a good community and we just wanna have some laughs about
Spoiler:

Last edited by Blique on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put spoilers in spoiler tags.)

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:56 pm

noobarta wrote:

lol I suck to but I still draw sometimes for laughs, no need to be super serious is a good community and we just wanna have some laughs about
Spoiler:

I would spoiler the last part, don't want anybody to be prematurely introduced ;-)

Last edited by Blique on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited, thanks for the catch!)

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Psh... I was trolling. You people take me too seriously...
Why are you people liking my trolling art, feels awkward... I was expecting flames... lol... J/K
Ah right. If you wanna use it, go ahead. Any sketches I have/will post/ed is free for use, since it's not finished art and I don't care~
It's not like I'm taking this seriously...
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:28 am

Yo ! Hoped u guys won't mind if i gave some opinion in regard to Weed's Appearance.

For Artist: I hope u all could model Weed with Black hair, Black/Dark Eyes and a few other edits with this photo of one of my favourite artist on the net.
Spoiler:

Credits to Heise of Deviant Art.
Knight
Knight
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Knight
Class: Holy Knight
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 am

Jesus. Heise is a god. It would take me personally at least 20 more years of practice to be anywhere NEAR the same level... I've looked up to Heise for years!
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  luchianguyen Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Response to noobarta
Spoiler:

I made Weed's hair colour black because
Spoiler:
I made his hair short because well, it probably gets in the way when he works. Since we all know he had to work a lot even though we was under aged, and i tried to make it uneven because he'd probably cut it himself too, and he's no hair stylist.

And yes, first time hearing about Heise, but seeing the picture... WOW O__O That's amazing.

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Luchia
Class: Priest
Race: Aquatic elf

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 5 Empty Wow Heise

Post  Vandermillion Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:00 am

Yeah, Heise's picture is pretty amazing O_o; different from what I envisioned Weed to be but wow... loved how she signed the bit of Weed's underpants that peeked out from his trousers ^_^;

Vandermillion

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am

Vandermillion wrote:Yeah, Heise's picture is pretty amazing O_o; different from what I envisioned Weed to be but wow... loved how she signed the bit of Weed's underpants that peeked out from his trousers ^_^;

Heise didn't draw the picture of Weed. Thats just one of her many artwork that i choose for the LMS's Artist as reference since this picture looks really like what the story been portraying WEED ( ps: besides the White Hair and Bi-Shounen Face )
Knight
Knight
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Knight
Class: Holy Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 am

Just wanted to point out that the new submissions are amazing and that you people should shower them with praise. Well, in my opinion anyway.
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:22 am

I still have not posted my drawing yet. Mostly because I'm my own worst critic and think what a drew so far looks like crap. Hours of my life wasted this weekend that I'll never get back. If I recall correctly I have until the end of this month to get it right. Not that I think I'm a contender, but I said I'd draw something so now I'm channeling my inner mule and getting all stubborn about it. Come H E double hockey sticks or high water I'm going to submit something

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Tampopo
Class: Mage
Race: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am

Psh tell me about it. I have 2 serious pictures for this contest sitting on my computer half finished. Since I don't find my skills to be good enough to finish them and have them look what I want them to, I just can't even continue... Actually wait.. Sai butchered one of them... So I only have one... lol...
But yeah...
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 am

i'm bogged down with studies, but I will just pop in and say amazing work guys <3 thanks for all the submissions!

Feel free to express your love for the entries you prefer~

EDIT: I have been catching up on this thread.... and frankly, Musica is increasing my blood pressure. To the point I have to edit this post and add in some important info.

TO ALL ARTISTS: Please do not be disheartened or mislead by Musica. All he can provide is canon, but even there he is stamping on his own interpretations. One person's interpretation doesn't mean its your interpretation.

• We DO NOT put restrictions on your imagination.
  • Seoyoon's hair is red, but I won't give you less points if you make it a vivid beautiful green or any other colour
  • Seoyoon's hair eye colour isn't mentioned, so it can be ANY colour in the visible spectrum <.<
  • Weed is average? Make him a hottie, no problem~ [i like hotties... well who doesn't]
  • Weed is Korean so he has to have black hair? No way, if that was the case anime would be so boring! everyone with black hair! So yeh all colours of the rainbow. Naruto is most definately blond, and most definately japanese and sakura's pink doesn't exist. So what!?
  • So your fan art is not as good as ____, so what, you put in the effort, thats all that matters.
  • Artists are sensitive creatures, either say good things or say nothing at all, if you have suggestions to improve something, do so mildly, unwarranted or unwanted suggestions will only annoy people.
  • To any artists wishing to start drawing, just read the info given in the first two pages of this thread, if you go further you'll fall into the "I want it this way and that way" trap

Maybe I should post these in the first post, but no one reads them now right?

Everything is up to your imagination, there are some elements that are canon yes, but not following canon is no sin as long as its aesthetically pleasing as Blique said, and it definitely isn't one single person's place to judge.

Last edited by noobzilla on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luchianguyen Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Oooh, after reading noobzilla's post. I feel like making another one.... that fits the scanner.

So, people may see another entry by mee (:

And this time. it will look more like how i imagined it. the first one was all about how they might actually look, kind of for accuracy.
I'm so excited, another picture will be up as soon as I'm done with my current schoolwork. (:

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 5 Empty I'm New!

Post  lebby Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Hey guys~
I'm one of those people who just joined for this awesome contest! (YAY so excited!) But then just realized I have to wait until i could actually post anything Crying or Very sad I was so about to post my WIP so i could get some comments or ideas too!! You see i cant think of a good background and now i can't post to ask Neutral O well. I will wait! It took me all this time to discover an awesome novel like moonlight sculptor anyways (Just started and totally hooked!!)

Question though: you guys think its a good idea to add text (like the title) on the picture?
What are your perspectives on that?
lebby
lebby
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, I have seen amazing pictures with text, and I have seen amazing ones without. Text usually definitely doesn't detract from the picture, so if you want to do it, go for it. Similarly, if you don't feel like adding it, don't. It's all up to you ;D

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Hmm, it depends. Text is immediately recognizable by the literate human eye, and it often becomes the main point where the viewer's eyes go, which may or may not be good, depending on how you handle it. My suggestion is that if you're going to include words, make it look like it's an actual part of the picture. Examples:

Good:
Spoiler:
Bad:
Spoiler:
Sorry for the lameness of the bad one - I couldn't find any particular ones on the internet, so I just used one of my old old pictures. TwT;
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Blique wrote:Hmm, it depends. Text is immediately recognizable by the literate human eye, and it often becomes the main point where the viewer's eyes go, which may or may not be good, depending on how you handle it. My suggestion is that if you're going to include words, make it look like it's an actual part of the picture. Examples:

Good:
Spoiler:
Bad:
Spoiler:
Sorry for the lameness of the bad one - I couldn't find any particular ones on the internet, so I just used one of my old old pictures. TwT;

Can't comment on the new submissions until tomorrow as the internet where I am is too slow to load them.

Anyway Blique you just depressed the sh*t out of me...
I have recently bought fountain a pen and after experimenting with it for while I decided to make a line art drawing of Arse the farting horse from volume one.
As I'm still learning too draw humans (currently finishing with memorizing all of the muscles) I tried adding Weed curled up and in pain after being kicked in the stomach, it didn't turn out so well... So I erased him and just put the name "Arse" over horse.
After reading what you wrote I looked at the drawing again and now I'm kinda scared to post it...
I'll see how it looks if I delete the word in Photoshop, but I fear it won't be recognizable then.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  luchianguyen Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:01 pm

WOW at the new submissions. The one where it included Sooyeon, I love how you drew the hair. It's amazing. I have this thing with looking at hair and it was beautiful.I love the armour design too. Did you create it? Your Weed seems really playful, I wonder how his greedy face would look like. Nice.

The one afterwards, I like the shading and the sketch. It gave off this good copy look and i can actually take as enthusiasm, but inside, he could be calculating all these things. Like those soldiers who would respect him would see good things in that face, but those who knows his true nature could tell exactly what he was thinking too.

Good job you two (:

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Vielfras wrote:Anyway Blique you just depressed the sh*t out of me...
I have recently bought fountain a pen and after experimenting with it for while I decided to make a line art drawing of Arse the farting horse from volume one.
As I'm still learning too draw humans (currently finishing with memorizing all of the muscles) I tried adding Weed curled up and in pain after being kicked in the stomach, it didn't turn out so well... So I erased him and just put the name "Arse" over horse.
After reading what you wrote I looked at the drawing again and now I'm kinda scared to post it...
I'll see how it looks if I delete the word in Photoshop, but I fear it won't be recognizable then.
I wouldn't be worried, the text is likely to look good when you write it by hand. ^^ The main thing to avoid is slapping some random font on the drawing from your computer, since the text's "perfect" look would clash with the hand drawn look. So don't worry and feel free to post it. owo
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  elkin Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:13 am

luchianguyen wrote:WOW at the new submissions. The one where it included Sooyeon, I love how you drew the hair. It's amazing. I have this thing with looking at hair and it was beautiful.I love the armour design too. Did you create it? Your Weed seems really playful, I wonder how his greedy face would look like. Nice.

The one afterwards, I like the shading and the sketch. It gave off this good copy look and i can actually take as enthusiasm, but inside, he could be calculating all these things. Like those soldiers who would respect him would see good things in that face, but those who knows his true nature could tell exactly what he was thinking too.

Good job you two (:

Thank you Smile And yes, I created the armour design from scratch. There are quite a few bits that probably won't work out in real life, but I figured Royal Road being a game would iron out those wrinkles lol.

If I ever get around to it, I'll draw Weed without his leather jacket, and possibly Seoyoon from the front (part of me is dreading doing another design thing for her front half though...).

elkin
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor Illustration Contest - Page 5 Empty Thanks guys!

Post  lebby Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 pm

My picture's uploaded!

Blique wrote:Hmm, it depends. Text is immediately recognizable by the literate human eye, and it often becomes the main point where the viewer's eyes go, which may or may not be good, depending on how you handle it. My suggestion is that if you're going to include words, make it look like it's an actual part of the picture. Examples:

Good:
Spoiler:
Bad:
Spoiler:

Thanks for all your help guys! So since I couldn't decide on a background and I totally failed at colouring weed's reflection, its only seoyoon now and shes holding a sword with text on it =) I think it doesn't look too out of place. The coloring got a little messy at the bottom so i decided to crop out a lot of her body.

I have a sketch right now that I am working on, but don't think i'll finish that one (gona be real busy). Maybe ill upload it just as a sketch ^^ it's also really bad cus i don't draw kids and cuteness, but i thought weed and seoyoon would be amazing as children.

-leb
lebby
lebby
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuddle Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Wow! Everyone's submissions are so great! (: I'm currently working on one... but hopefully I make it in time ;_;

And by the way, how are these fan art pieces going to be used? o.O Character profile page? Random Inserts?
Nuddle
Nuddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizura Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 am

Eh, I wanted to post a fanart I just drew (not a contest submission, just a normal fanart), but apparently I can only do that in 7 days? Oh well, I've been lurking here for quite a while, I guess it's my fault for not registering sooner. Surprised

Gavi and Elkin's submissions are amazing, I also really like Raem.Memiroa and lebby's interpretation of Sooyeon. So, who's the one with the unfortunate task of having to only pick one entry? xD

Mizura

Back to top Go down

Post  ri Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 pm

maybe someone asked this?
is klee's drawing from touka gettan? Neutral

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next