Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread

+6
noobzilla
Vielfras
Goodknight
asunigmas
SolarAdept
noobarta
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread Empty Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread

Post  noobarta Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 pm

So basically wanted to ask if you guys wanted to know any spoilers about the other MS volumes. Feel free to share them and....anyone know if there's a way to make one of those spoiler on here ?_? Sorry if accidentally posted another topic....wasn't sure if worked before.

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread

Post  SolarAdept Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:25 am

I'd say you are welcome to post them here, but I won't be looking forward to them. Oh and there are spoiler tags here. Look in the Other tag up in the BB tags bar.

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Aozaki Aoko
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor - Spoiler Thread

Post  asunigmas Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 am

i vote yes and more people should post at this thread. coz i want to know what happens next in LMS
asunigmas
asunigmas
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: The Tsar
Class: Ruler
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  SolarAdept Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:04 am

Then instead of asking for soilers, help looking for a Korean translator.

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Aozaki Aoko
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:40 am

@asunigmas

What do you want to know?

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  asunigmas Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:43 am

[quote="Goodknight"]@asunigmas

What do you want to know? when does Dyne come in?
asunigmas
asunigmas
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: The Tsar
Class: Ruler

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Around the middle of the second volume, after Weed's party had to leave to help their parents out (because their parents just started Royal Road and they used their authority/guilt-tripped Pale and Co into helping them xD)

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  noobarta Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 am

And for anyone who's curious about Dyne she's a shaman who A is level 134 part of the group who discovered the Continent in the Sky

Obtained this job description from lxdarknessxl at jcafe.
"Here is the description of Shamans, shortened:

Shaman: An overall-character. They can use weapons such as swords and maces, yet can use magic of both offencive and healing abilities. They also have various types of buffs. However, they are not commonly used, due to not having anything unique about them. Their sword abilities are weaker than warriors, their attacking magic is weaker can Mages, and their healing spells are weaker than Priests."

Her skills or stats are higher because she has a hobby of attacking, buffing, and healing the enemy then repeating it. So it's like she trained on 20 enemies instead of just one?

Her surgery goes okay and according to others she comes back abit in vol 10 or so

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 am

I don't know about spoilers, there are things I rather read and be surprised about.
However, I think that a volume summary, or a new topic for each volume discussing and explaining things that happen in the said volume.

For example, I've been holding out for about 4 month from reading the google translations, but last week I read the 2nd volume and there and there was one thing in particular I didn't understand.
When Weed defeats the Death Knight and gets the Holy Grail or whatever, it supposedly gives infinite stamina... did he drink it?

Volume 2:
* Weed and his party get to the City of the Heavens.
* They are not the first to discover the place, however many of the dungeons are still undiscovered.
* One of Basic Training Centers if found, however it is much harder then the others as the bird race is a bit stronger than humans.
* The rest of the party leaves as their parents start to play Royal Road.
* Weed meets Diane, a Shaman, who is extremely powerful because of her hobby of playing with her food. Before killing an enemy she will use all her buff's and curses on him, hitting it and then healing it. This hobby of hers allowed her skill levels to skyrocket while her level rose slowly.
* Weed falls in love with Diane. And when she leaves Royal Road, explaining to him that she is mortally sick and will die soon, Weed makes a statue of her.
For ten straight days Weed carves a huge statue of Diane and himself while constantly fighting off monsters, in the hope that the first thing Diane will see if she ever connects again is his tribute to her.
* Following the quest he got from the elder of Baran village after finishing Freya's statue, he stumbles upon an apostate of Freya who tells him about a treasure guarded by a Death Knight. After killing the Death Knight Weed loots amazing equipment off of the Death Knights body and the Holy Grail it was guarding. But unfortunately the equipment is limited to lvl 200, and as Weed is lvl 125 (I think) he still has some way to go.
* The Holy Grail grants its drinker infinite stamina.
*Does Weed drink it? I couldn't understand this part.

* The apostate asks Weed to journey with the Grail to the Holy city and put it back in its place. Even with a time limit of three months, Weed excepts.
* Harn Lee goes to his sisters school and there he participates in a contest where he shows off his martial arts skill and becomes famous around the world as the Princess Saver.
* Weed tries to pass the Basic Training Center and this time he succeeds. He gains 50 strength, and is offered a job change that he refuses.
* Weed buys a bunch of feathers which will allow him and the mountain of equipment he looted to come down back to the ground.
* Back in Baran village, Weed asks the assistance of another player, who is playing as the Merchant class, to help him sell his equipment.
* The Merchant asks Weed if he can accompany him on his journey and Weed accepts.

Please someone clerify the bold part for me!!! Please the seem to be critical parts of the story and I want to understand them.

A summery would help a lot. And it can't be done on the Jcafe forum as it got pretty messy lately. But here on a "virgin forum", so to say, we can do it!
A summery for volume 2 would solve my problem. Once I have finished reading it once, I go read the summery and all that was said about the volume, and then reread it with greater understanding!

P.s Wow! This took a while...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:31 am

This needs to go in the spoiler thread. Merging
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 am

noobzilla wrote:This needs to go in the spoiler thread. Merging

Hmm, why did you delete the topic?
I think there should be a separate topic for every volumes summery so it can be clean and organized. Instead of going through dozens of pages trying to find the summery of the volume you are looking for...

Look at what happened in the Jcafe thread, it got so confusing.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:35 am

Hmm i didn't delete it merged it here.... unmerged it, but please tag it as spoiler.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Spoiler:

here you go.
Spoiler:
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeko Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:09 pm

In volume 01 where Weed is dealing with the features of a new secret class he accepted, two of that class's features were:

• Enables you to learn all craft skills to the stage of a master.
  • Grants extra options to items that are produced or refined.
I thought that was extremely powerful just by itself because up to that point, the Royal Road MMORPVRG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Virtual Reality Game) limited players to 15 skill slots. Since there are obviously more than 15 crafting skills in the entire game, and Weed already has non-crafting skills based on swords and archery, that means Weed has transcended the 15 skill limitation. As to whether or not crafting skills use up the initial base 15 slots I do not know, so perhaps Weed still needs to be careful to learn non-crafting skills first to fill up the 15 slots before then adding additional crafting skills.

The other feature is that he is able to add extra features to items he makes which presumably means anything from weapons to food. With other skills giving food the usual stat or skill boosts, perhaps his skill would allow the adding of Deus ex Machina features to food like "10% reduction in damage from cold" if he made ice cream or "10% reduction in damage from fire" if he made Mongolian Beef or the ability to swim underwater for 3 minutes if he made a fish dish. Since processing of ores in the Royal Road game is called refining, that implies that if he refines ores into raw metals, they might gain additional abilities no other raw material has. And if he further purifies the raw metals into purer metals, more abilities might be stacked up. He could then produce a weapon from the purer metals which gives him a chance to gain yet more features due to the creation of an object part of the skill.
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:16 am

Naeko wrote:In volume 01 where Weed is dealing with the features of a new secret class he accepted, two of that class's features were:

• Enables you to learn all craft skills to the stage of a master.
  • Grants extra options to items that are produced or refined.
I thought that was extremely powerful just by itself because up to that point, the Royal Road MMORPVRG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Virtual Reality Game) limited players to 15 skill slots. Since there are obviously more than 15 crafting skills in the entire game, and Weed already has non-crafting skills based on swords and archery, that means Weed has transcended the 15 skill limitation. As to whether or not crafting skills use up the initial base 15 slots I do not know, so perhaps Weed still needs to be careful to learn non-crafting skills first to fill up the 15 slots before then adding additional crafting skills.

The other feature is that he is able to add extra features to items he makes which presumably means anything from weapons to food. With other skills giving food the usual stat or skill boosts, perhaps his skill would allow the adding of Deus ex Machina features to food like "10% reduction in damage from cold" if he made ice cream or "10% reduction in damage from fire" if he made Mongolian Beef or the ability to swim underwater for 3 minutes if he made a fish dish. Since processing of ores in the Royal Road game is called refining, that implies that if he refines ores into raw metals, they might gain additional abilities no other raw material has. And if he further purifies the raw metals into purer metals, more abilities might be stacked up. He could then produce a weapon from the purer metals which gives him a chance to gain yet more features due to the creation of an object part of the skill.

You kinda mixed this up. Players are not limited to 15 skills but to 15 stats.
That is why when he got the art stat he tried to delete it and was angry when he couldn't. And even the limit number of stat rises, I believe, the higher you level up and once you progress in you profession.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 am

Vielfras wrote:You kinda mixed this up. Players are not limited to 15 skills but to 15 stats.
That is why when he got the art stat he tried to delete it and was angry when he couldn't. And even the limit number of stat rises, I believe, the higher you level up and once you progress in you profession.

Is that your conjecture, or do you have some proof? Because if there's no real limit on stats, why enforce the 15-Stats-Max-Rule in the first place?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:16 am

Namorax wrote:
Vielfras wrote:You kinda mixed this up. Players are not limited to 15 skills but to 15 stats.

Is that your conjecture, or do you have some proof? Because if there's no real limit on stats, why enforce the 15-Stats-Max-Rule in the first place?

It is stated in the first volume the there i a limit of 15 stats. This is a fact, if my memory is correct.

However I remember reading somewhere that as the player progresses he can acquire more than 15 stats. What are the conditions for that I don't know. I'm not sure that it true or not, but I don't think a lvl 400 player will still have the same 15 stats he had at lvl 100.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 am

I didnt mean that Users are limited to 15 stats, I know that too^^

As far as I can see, Users gain stats depending on their playing-style. Weed is a sculptor so he needs the art stat.
If he didn't go out and fight everything he can fight with, he would have never received the endurance stat. How many Users playing sculptor would ever receive a stat for Warriors?
And due to his Dojo-training he got the habit of shouting when striking, which in turn added another stat to Weeds list.
I didnt read ahead with the google-translation, but I am willing to bet that Weed will receive yet another stat that is connected to something he's doing all the time when he's playing.

So far this theory makes a lot of sense:
If I assume that all Royal Road Players start all with the same base-stats (Strenght, Dexterty, Intelligence, Wisdom and Vitality) and that the other 15 stats are added depending on class and behaviour... You would think that a Level 400 Player would still use the same stats he did as level 200. Which makes it unlikely that you receive more stat-slots with a higher Level.

You start with 5 Stats and you can receive up to 15 more... how do you increase them all? Even if you can't put Level-Up points on most of them, sooner or later you will have to decide which stats to increase and which to ignore. I also believe it is very difficult to fill all 15 stat-slots. You would have to be a powergamer or someone like Weed to achieve this.

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:56 am

I agree. They start with the same stats and get more to help with their playing style.
The Yell/Shout is a skill and not a stat.
Also. most newly acquired stat's like the Art and Endurance grow by themselves, and there is no need to invest stat points into them. I haven't read ahead as well, as I'm trying to hold back as much as I can from reading so it lasts longer.

Let's say a warrior gets to level 400 by pure grinding. He has nothing but battle skills and all of his 15 stats(max) are to help him kill monsters faster, and survive longer.
After years of slaughter he is bored and ants a change.
Everyone who knows him are shocked to learn that he has decided to take up sculpting. He now sculpts his days away and his kill level in it rises quickly.

In this situation, what you are saying is that because all of his stat slots are taken he will never be able to gain the Art stat?
Royal Road's A.I is so advanced that it adapts itself to each user, changing the whole world to fit each users playing style. For that reason I believe that even if said warrior can't learn the Art stat simply by sculpting, the A.I will create a quest designed especially for him.
And if he completes the quest he will gain the Art stat even though he has reached the 15 stat limit.

I'm just guessing it all except for the A.I part.
The game's A.I is explained in the further volumes and if someone has read that far please explain how the A.I works.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 pm

If you reach level 400 with such an character, it must be because you like to play like that.
You would have to spend at least a whole year to get there, probably more if we consider RL and such. If, during the whole time you killed stuff, you never ever picked up the chisel once... you will never do so. Or at least it wont bother you to that you're unable to receive the Art stat. Or you just carve anyway. If you want a mid-level-crisis, you can always delete your avatar and start again. Wink

Even if I was thinking about this for a week,i I would not be able to list up 15 different stats that a pure battlegrinder warrior would get if he did nothing but fight.
My guess is you have enough slots for at least two normal classes. The most I can think of is 6-8 different stats for one single class. And considering how many classes there are, there are bound to be some stats that are shared between them. So if you're planning ahead and pick your "classes", skills and abilities correctly, you might be able to combine 3-4 classes and still have a few slots left.

The other way out would be to permanentely loose a stat and all the points you earned/put in it in order to replace it with another, new stat in exchange your half a ton of gold. Maybe ask a colleague of the Wise Man Rodriguez (or whatever his name was) to "forget" one stat. ^^

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 am

Namorax wrote:If you reach level 400 with such an character, it must be because you like to play like that.
You would have to spend at least a whole year to get there, probably more if we consider RL and such. If, during the whole time you killed stuff, you never ever picked up the chisel once... you will never do so. Or at least it wont bother you to that you're unable to receive the Art stat. Or you just carve anyway. If you want a mid-level-crisis, you can always delete your avatar and start again. Wink

A player can delete stats whenever he wishes. This is implied when Weed wants to delete the art stat. I'm guessing most stats can be deleted except for special stats like Art which effect all craft skills.

Who the fu*k deletes a level 400 character? But never mind that. You say that a person who played to level 400 by pure grinding will never care that much about other things. Well, did you consider the fact that maybe now that he is level 400, he is so strong that even the strongest monsters are no longer a challenge?
For that reason he searches for something else to do, and desiring a change for what he did for the last couple of years he starts crafting.

I haven't read that far and even if I did, with the machine translation it would be hard to tell, but what if once you change to your 2nd job(soldier-knight, rogue-ranger) it grants you more stat slots?
If not this, it could be that as you become grandmaster of your job you have no limit for stat gain.

Also, are you sure that the 15 limit doesn't have the 5 basic stats in it?

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 am

Weed has the base-stats. He says that players have 15 empty slots for new stats. Thats enough for me. If the 5 where already counted towards the limit, he would have said that players have 10 empty stat slots. I keep it simple.^^

Weed thought about wanting to delete the art stat, but that wasnt possible. He thought, he decided and said "Delete this stat!" And the game answered "Nope, you cannot delete Stats!", and I think it is implied that you can't delete ANY stats. It is said "A stat cannot be deleted." Not "This Stat cannot be deleted."
(It was the chapter where he wanted to meet the Sage Rodriguez. He sat in front of the house and selled statues.)

And my other point still stands: Can you make a list of 15 Warrior stats?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am

Namorax wrote:Weed has the base-stats. He says that players have 15 empty slots for new stats. Thats enough for me. If the 5 where already counted towards the limit, he would have said that players have 10 empty stat slots. I keep it simple.^^

Weed thought about wanting to delete the art stat, but that wasnt possible. He thought, he decided and said "Delete this stat!" And the game answered "Nope, you cannot delete Stats!", and I think it is implied that you can't delete ANY stats. It is said "A stat cannot be deleted." Not "This Stat cannot be deleted."
(It was the chapter where he wanted to meet the Sage Rodriguez. He sat in front of the house and selled statues.)

And my other point still stands: Can you make a list of 15 Warrior stats?

I just checked and it seems that players start out with 7 stats and not 5. We forgot about the Leadership and the Luck stat. Also the novel stats and I quote:
"The maximum number of stat slots is fifteen." vol 1, chapter 5, page 103.
So in my opinion the 7 you start out with are included in this 15 slots.

15 fighting stats:

Original from the novel:
Fighting Spirit- SPR
Sustenance- STA- Makes the player use up less stamina than normal. You are prohibited from distributing points to this stats. It grows by constant battles.
Endurance- The amount of damage you take is reduced.

Other battle oriented stats:
Accuracy
Evasion
Greater Evasion- For evading magic attacks
Critical Strike
Constitution
Perception
Tactics
Block
Blood-thirst
Parry

There are many more, but I don't have the time to think of them right now. I'm sure there are many more stats that were added in the 31 volumes that are out and many others that people can think of.
It would be weird to limit players with stats when there is no limit on level! Sure a level 400 may still use the same stats that he used when he was level 100. But what happens when he reaches level 1000? Still the same stats?

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

I have a question. In volume 6, Lee Hyun sculpts an ice sculpture in real life for the restaurant celebrating a married couple's anniversary right?

evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:27 pm

evertosword wrote:I have a question. In volume 6, Lee Hyun sculpts an ice sculpture in real life for the restaurant celebrating a married couple's anniversary right?

You are correct.

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next