Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

+12
creepaz
gaiafires
ninthlite
Namorax
Blique
Vielfras
Lareyn
Goodknight
SolarAdept
noobarta
Termiete
noobzilla
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  noobzilla Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 am

Discussion thread for LMS.

Before people forget about discussing this novel and start asking us questions i'll go ahead and clarify the things you should already know.

1. When will chapter 14 be release? How long do we have to wait?
A. When we have reliable translators. So not anytime soon. At this rate... maybe months.... maybe weeks who knows <.<

2. Why don't we have reliable translators?
A. All our projects have so far been Chinese, so we didn't recruit Korean speakers before.

3. How can I help?
A. Spread the word. More people know about us picking up the project, more likely that someone who speaks Korean will notice.

4. Thank you for chapter 1 to 13 / You got ____wrong in chapter (between 1 to 13)
A. We didn't translate it! So we don't deserve credit nor blame for it. And yes i know at this point in time we don't have them all posted.

NO SPOILERS
A. You can make a separate topic in this forum and post spoilers there

Last edited by noobzilla on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 am; edited 9 times in total
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  Termiete Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 pm

OMG, thx for translating MS. I read only the first Volume but im already addicted to it.

So, when is the next chapter coming, plsss ?

Termiete

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty Thank you!!! -glomps-

Post  noobarta Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi so my name's Andy I posted a few small corrections to grammar under some of the chapters. I downright love you guys for translating Moonlight Sculptor
it's the first time that I've seen an author create so much character depth. My favorite part thus far has got to be when weed was training those soldiers in "The Lair of Litvart" since he showed how much hard working he was and because that was when he got tricked into becoming a moonlight sculptor XD

If anyone else has a favorite part from the novel or would just like to discuss fanfics of what they would like to happen please respond!! WE NEED PEOPLE TO SPEAK~!!! Very Happy

p.s. Noobzilla I made a thread describing Moonlight Sculptor on 1/2 prince in mangafox.com in order to gain some support and hopefully convince a korean translator to join. If you would like me to delete it or change it somehow please tell me. Just trying to get some support for this so it doesn't end up just disappearing like a lot of good novels usually do Sad

Also I found a website where someone posted up ch11-13 and a online translated form of volumes 2 and 3. Though the volume ones need quite a bit of work and improvising to make up for the missing words. Just drop a reply on here or under the section which lists all the MS chapters if you need to reach me.

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  SolarAdept Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Awesome stuff. Seems to me Royal Road is more technologically advanced than Second Life(the HP one, not the real life thing) since NPCs are generally on the same level as real people there, or at least are portrayed as such when compared to HP.

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Aozaki Aoko
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Yup, in Royal Road, all humanoids and "Boss" characters have A.I. Furthermore, every monster is shown to have some awareness, with some having more than others depending on what type of monster they are (ex: Wolves are smarter than rabbits

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  SolarAdept Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:31 am

Stuff in HP have AI too, it's just not as developed as in Royal Road.

Still, one thing that bothers me is how he gets all of those super-rare stuff like that. The 100% success coincidences are kinda unbelievable. Just points out the fact that it is a novel and he is the protagonist.

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty Since I can't spam the comments anymore...

Post  Lareyn Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:29 am

I need MORE. So addicted to it T_T
So does anyone know how to efficiently learn to read Korean?
I've learned to read basic stuff, but some things still don't make sense to me... :<
That and I have no vocabulary... Lol
Any suggestions?
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 am

SolarAdept wrote:Stuff in HP have AI too, it's just not as developed as in Royal Road.

Still, one thing that bothers me is how he gets all of those super-rare stuff like that. The 100% success coincidences are kinda unbelievable. Just points out the fact that it is a novel and he is the protagonist.

AI in HP isn't that much better, they are mostly the same. However AI in Royal Road have more freedom!
In Royal Road, the Ai can fall in love (with other NPC and users alike) and start a family. It could be the same in HP but we don't know since the focus of HP is on the romantic part and not on the RPG part.

Also I would really like to know if you guys started translating chapter 14, and will we be able to read it next month?

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 am

Lareyn wrote:I need MORE. So addicted to it T_T
So does anyone know how to efficiently learn to read Korean?
I've learned to read basic stuff, but some things still don't make sense to me... :<
That and I have no vocabulary... Lol
Any suggestions?
Study. Enroll in some classes. I've heard immersion works well, so maybe have the majority of the websites you visit be Korean.

Vielfras wrote:AI in HP isn't that much better, they are mostly the same. However AI in Royal Road have more freedom!
In Royal Road, the Ai can fall in love (with other NPC and users alike) and start a family. It could be the same in HP but we don't know since the focus of HP is on the romantic part and not on the RPG part.
The AI in HP can fall in love - Kenshin loved Kaoru. Though, I'm not sure of the extent of it, since it's implied that Kenshin was programmed to love Kaoru right from the start. LMS is more thoroughly explained than HP, so it's possible that the RPG worlds are pretty much the same but HP just leaves out the details.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Nobody knew of the existence of the characters with A.I. in Second Life, not even the creators of the game (except for that one guy). Therefore, it's probably safe to say that original 2nd Life program didn't have an "A.I. Code" written in. The A.I. in Royal Road was made for the game and everybody were aware of the existence of npcs that could "feel." Hence, the tech in Royal Road is more advanced than the one in 2nd Life.

Also, the A.I. characters in 2nd life are just
Spoiler:

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:11 am

Well for now I'm using Byki to get me some vocabulary and decided to watch some Korean dramas with Korean subtitles turned on, I'll see if that works, looks real hard though. But I'm sure I'll get there someday.
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  SolarAdept Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:54 am

@Lareyn

Rob Julien's course is a good way to get started. The guy explains in a really easy-to-understand way and there are even printouts!

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:35 am

Hmm, I didn't get the videos from the site. *sadface*
EDIT: Nvm it just took a while... Very Happy
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 am

I noticed that your homepage offers DL-Links for chapter 1-10 only... but as far as I know, the first volume has 13 chapters.

Which makes THIS quite confusing:

noobzilla wrote:
4. Thank you for chapter 1 to 13 / You got ____wrong in chapter (between 1 to 13)
A. We didn't translate it! So we don't deserve credit nor blame for it.

So... where are your Links for chapter 11, 12 and 13? Did a "Dictator of Life" take them away?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty I SPY A NAMORAX :D -takes out a pokeball-

Post  noobarta Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:19 am

Think that the company who tried to translate MS went bankrupt but before that they translated chapters 11-13 as well. Need a link or might be better if I message it to you or something. p.s. good to see you again :3 how've you been?_?

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 am

We'll post it 10-13 eventually. It's not even important to post it, donno why anyone even cares. It's more important for us to give you 14+ I don't wanna have to edit that message again so i just said 1-13.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] Empty You cant catch another Trainer ;P

Post  Namorax Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Kinda... bad? Got some Issues in RL and now I'm standing around kinda cluelessly... so I figured I take a Time-Out and get drunk. Still working on the 2nd part though...

I also decided to check out the LMS and I kinda liked it. I'm a bit bothered how everything seems to bend over backward just to push Weed down a very, very obvious Destiny.
You see how calculating/coldhearted he's doing everything, how he's going through the motions that will earn the best-possible results for him and all the while you can't help thinking that the Quests Weed takes on where intended for a Player who does what Weed is doing because he REALLY thinks that way.
And not because he believes that acting like that will earn him monay or help reaching his goal.

But we're talking about weed/Weed. Somehow its part of his charm and you know he can only improve and become a better person.
At least thats what I hope. Very Happy

Anyway, If anyone is too lazy to find the chapters 11,12 and 13, here are some Links:

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 am

I've been trying to update the Baka-Updates Manga page of LMS for a while now, but for some reason it never changes.
This is the page :http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59588
As you can see the only chapters there are what Jun translated so long ago.
Noobzilla can you try and update this, as I believe more people would choose to read LMS once they see on Baka-Updates that the translation has been picked up by you guys.

Also, I've said it so many times I hope it hasn't lost its meaning already but I'll say it again, THANK YOU!
I hope you find dozens of Korean translators, and your only problem would be that you can't upload fast enough...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 am

Mmm the dilemma is here, until 14 is released we can't add any releases since we didn't translate 1-13... and MU doesn't have a official translation option
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

Hmm... I see.
Nonetheless, is there nothing we can do about it?
Baka-Updates has lots of traffic, and when checking HP and Yureka (or any other Mmorpg or virtual reality genre related manga) you eventually end up checking out LMS. And once you see there were only 2 chapters translated you don't even bother reading them as there are 31 volumes out there!

I'm sure Ninavine wouldn't mind as you already specified on the LMS page that you didn't translate it and if you give credit to Ninavine for the scans.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:33 pm

So... I'm curious: Can we start hoping yet, or do we have to use Google-Translated Horror? study

(Meaning: Did ANY translators at all apply?^^)

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Remain in google translate hell till we release 14... at the moment i can't say anything...
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 am

Goodknight wrote:Nobody knew of the existence of the characters with A.I. in Second Life, not even the creators of the game (except for that one guy). Therefore, it's probably safe to say that original 2nd Life program didn't have an "A.I. Code" written in. The A.I. in Royal Road was made for the game and everybody were aware of the existence of npcs that could "feel." Hence, the tech in Royal Road is more advanced than the one in 2nd Life.

Also, the A.I. characters in 2nd life are just
Spoiler:
You're getting "AI" mixed up with "self-aware". It was explained that the amount of artificial intelligence given to each NPC varies - for example, a low-level monster wouldn't really have any AI, while a boss would have a high level of AI. In the story, this is linked to self-awareness, because the NPCs found that those with a higher AI were more likely to realize that they're programs created by humans.
Spoiler:
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  ninthlite Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:34 pm

noobarta wrote:Think that the company who tried to translate MS went bankrupt but before that they translated chapters 11-13 as well. Need a link or might be better if I message it to you or something. p.s. good to see you again :3 how've you been?_?

chapters 10-13 are part of volume two, and for some reason oddsquad hasn't posted them yet.

ninthlite
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Poison
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobarta Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 am

Because they're currently trying to work on the untranslated chapter instead of the already translated ones? Someone already posted up the chapters 11-13 on another website just look for it

noobarta
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next