Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

+12
creepaz
gaiafires
ninthlite
Namorax
Blique
Vielfras
Lareyn
Goodknight
SolarAdept
noobarta
Termiete
noobzilla
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 3 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  gaiafires Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

chap 88 of celestial destroyer/Zhu Xian -_-

gaiafires

Character sheet
Name: SenorPaco
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 3 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  Goodknight Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 pm

.../facepalms self. Wow... sorry fail on my part, I thought Celestial Destroyer was the name of the chapter so I didn't bother searching it up.

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 am

Namorax wrote:But thats still a matter of your personal opinion. Maybe its because I cant imagine an adult playing an MMOPRG the way Weed and Seoyoon do (with a target in mind, or just to escape reality).
I think I'll read the 1st Volume again and watch out for the part where they mention Weed's age.

Recently I found this on J-Cafe, inside the TMS-Thread. Its about something that happens between Seoyoon and Weed, concerning a specific "Pet" of hers... This happens a lot later, and the Pet seems to have been important to the story at one point in time, so I dont really have the whole context, nor is this a word-for-word translation. Its just a short summary of a situation that happened. The reason i put this here is Seoyoons reaction.

Spoiler-Alert, since something will be mentioned that appears a lot later on the story. Just minor to be honest, but still a possible spoiler:

My point being: I cannot see someone around the age of 21 act like that. Even if you consider Seoyoons circumstances and claim that she might act unlike her age since she's so withdrawn into herself.
This looks to me like something someone around the age of 16 or 17 would do, give or take a year.

I'm just more comfortable (or able) picturing Weed and Seoyoon as teenagers on the edge of becoming adults, something like 16-18 years.
If they're around the age of 21, they would be almost as old as I am, and I absolutely cant picture them that way...

Edit: "mysterious and noble dignity" doesnt need to be because of age or maturity.
Seoyoon is obviously the daugther of a very rich household, so I guess its possible she received "proper eductaion" for a young lady which explains why Weed has such an Impression of her. At least thats what I think.
And fertility? I tend to connct the picture of a mother with love&kindness, maybe even forgiveness.
I'm still a young and lively *ahem*man*ahem* so whenever I think about beauty/fertility, I tend to picture young girls/women. Or am I the only one?

The part there is not talking about a pet, or at least not completely a pet, more like a lave...
And also, this is not part of the google translation but an answer to someones question written s a joke. So this is not how Weed talks in the game, and Seoyoon doesn't talk at all.

We won't know until there are farther translation, but I hope that the author keeps up with not describing Seoyoon . Or at least not describing her looks. In the first Volume and the first 3 chapters of the second, the parts that center around Seoyoon never mention even one detail of her outer appearance. I don't think this is because the author lacks enough writing skills to describe her, I believe this is a trick to make every individual reading LMS picture a different Seoyoon according to his, or hers, taste in beauty.

Btw, in most cultures, a statue of a fertility goddess usually has a very fat body(almost obese) with large breasts and no head...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 am

Wide hip ;P petite girls are not good for child bearing. Luckily the goddess freya was well chosen, since she's just just fertility but beauty too.. here's some classical images of her scroll down to freya - http://www.crystalinks.com/norsegods.html
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Ok, next time I give a better explanation of what I mean with my texts...
I don't really care if Royal Road is realistic enough to allow you to scribble on the ground or something, or if they talk about an NPC-Pet or a common Pet or something else and I didnt want to say this is a word-for-word translation which has to be set in stone and spread to the far reaches of the internet...

Spoiler:

This is one of the main reasons I cant picture Seoyoon (and Weed) as a grown-up. Maybe she's a grown-up and behaves like a child because of her family circumstances... I dont really know and I dont really care if I am honest. All I've ever read about her (in the translated chapters and Internet) leads me to think of her as someone young.
I believe that if she ever leaves her shell, we would see a normal (very, very pretty and very, very rich) "Ojou-sama". You would never guess she was in a mental Institute at all, if you get what I mean.

Edit:This post is just a metter of opinion. If you take offense or discover contradicting opinions the author is not responsible at all!

Last edited by Blique on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please hide spoilers in spoiler tags in this thread.)

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Spoiler:

Therefore the fact she wants a cute bunny from Weed is not an indication of her emotional age but rather how adorable she is portrayed as a believable character

PS It is common for to level their significant other's charas in MMOs all the time and give them loot/gold that they want for what ever they want to buy or need. I personally recall giving away rare pet eggs in Ragnarok Online for nothing in return despite the low spawn rates and success of capture rates or it is even worse when they use the same type of equiptment as you do or wants that 5k gold for their 50th mount and this trend is not actually restricted to just online btw...

Last edited by gaiafires on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

gaiafires

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 pm

Spoiler:
Also, she's been cooped up inside a mental rehab clinic for likely years, so it wouldn't be strange for her emotional state to be slightly less mature then other people's.

Last edited by Blique on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please hide spoilers in spoiler tags in this thread.)

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Goodknight wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, she's been cooped up inside a mental rehab clinic for likely years, so it wouldn't be strange for her emotional state to be slightly less mature then other people's.

shes playing to PK/fight which is actually not a rare or uncommon thought process

infact one could even say PVP is a way of life in Korea with how blood thirsty those Korean Aion servers are

Last edited by Blique on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Make sure to hide any spoilers you're quoting.)

gaiafires

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Please keep the spoilers in the spoiler threads, not in the thread that pointedly says "no spoilers!". =.= I'm the one who has to edit your posts when you say spoilers, and I really don't want people to ruin the story for me. I think Noobz is of the same opinion. If you must post spoilers, make sure they are not the main point of your post, and hide them in spoiler tags. Vague spoilers are still spoilers - people can guess a lot from them. Hide everything that looks like a spoiler. Here are the spoiler tags for those who don't know:

Code:
[spoiler]The spoiler text goes here.[/spoiler]
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Oh, sorry. Thought that wasn't a spoiler-tag worthy spoiler since it was already mentioned above my previous post. Although I did give away the name of the pet... Ok, won't don't that again next time >.<

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 pm

@Gaia: Point taken...
[Roll a 1d100 dice and pick your loot, Gaiafires...]
To each his own Seoyoon.

But since Seoyoon doesn't speak, there's not much point in her mingling with other players, especially if she doesnt want any contact with people in real-life. She has no interest in crafting or trading, so the only thing left for her is to fight monsters. I would believe it if someone told me she got the Berserker class (is this a 'normal' or an 'advanced' class? Does anyone know?) because it helps her fighting. Wasnt it mentioned in the first volume that she fights because she wants to forget everything?
I dont think she's really that bloodthirsty, she just fights to forget everything else.

Personally, I dont believe she actively hunted&killed other players. I want to believe (attention: all this is conjecture and based on no real facts that I know of!) that some prick thought he could pick up a chick (Seoyoon) and if necessary the prick planned to use force to get the pretty, lonely girl to do what he wants. Sucks to be the one who tries to hit on her.
Some information about Seoyoon Class/Character that I know of:

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Spoiler:

gaiafires

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:20 pm

I guess now it becomes psychological/philosophical:

Did they mention how long it takes exactly to undo a PK-Mark? As far as I know she could have gotten rid of it during her first day outside the city. With the bulldozing part I cannot really agree... If she has to walk through monsterinfested land, ok...
But if she really was like that, why did she turn around when she saw the statue of Freya Weed was creating for the Elder? A bulldozer would just go inside the house and give the statue to the Elder. His problem if he suddenly ends up with two statues of Freya, isnt it?

And I dont think that "proactive" (I even looked it up!) is the correct term for Seoyoon.
She just accepts the few Requests she gets from NPCs like the Elder. Since she doesnt speak the she's limited in her choices: In the first volume we encounter the Elder and the Instructor, both NPCs that are "proactive" by adressing players directly instead of waiting to be adressed like normal NPCs. Seoyoon accepts the requests of both, because these kind of Quests are the only ones she CAN get without speaking. The only way she can express herself ingame is through writing and nodding/shaking her head.

I agree if you say that Seoyoon can't say no to such Requests, but I believe its more because she has no reason to NOT accept.
She knows this is a game, and I'm certain that deep inside she still wants to interact with others, which is why she's taking these Requests very serious. Even if getting a new statue of Freya in the next town somehow feels like "not doing the Quest properly", the Elder never really expected her to fight her way through Monster-infected mountains, or that she goes to the Temple of Freya itself.
Of course, it could also be very simple and she just wants to kill some time and do something else besides slaying monsters wherever she goes.
"Monsterslaying with an agenda" still beats plain "Kill-all-Monsters-on-sight".

Off-Topic: Is it just me or are the two of us filling the "Non-Spoiler"-Section with way to many spoilers? Very Happy
And since it appears that you are able to read the Korean Wiki you have the advantage in this discussion gaia...

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Spoiler:

gaiafires

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am

Question for the mods: If we discuss or mention things that happen during the first 10-13 chapters, is that considered "spoiling"?
At the moment I figure we should put everything that happens after the first volume in spoilers, since everyone can read the rest. Could anyone clarify what is considered to be "spoiler" and what not?

She was awed? Maybe... but my impression was that she compared the "official" statue from the Temple with the "inoffical" statue from Weed.
On one hand we have an artistic/beautiful block of stone that was enchanted to produce a specific effect on everyone watching it... and on the other hand we have Weed's statue which achieves a similar or even better (meaning: more appropriate) effect all by itself, without any enchantments.

Since she took the Elder's Quest quite seriuos, it wouldnt be so farfetched to think she placed the Elder's needs before her own. I think everyone agrees that it was better to accept Weeds statue instead of the one she bought at the Temple.
It bothers me a little that the whole situation is overshadowed by the declaration that Seoyoon doesnt recognize after whom Weed modeled the statue...

Btw: What happens to her Quest with the statue? If she never finishes it by delivering the statue to the Elder, she will permanently loose a Quest-Slot.
Or is the whole thing negligible since nobody cares and nobody will ever mention it again? A problem that will suddenly disappear?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 am

You can abandon quests unless they are special ones, like the
Spoiler:

As for what I know about the red PK mark:
Spoiler:

Oh, btw Gaiafires, thanks for introducing me to Celestial Destroyer. But dammit, why do I have to find out about it just before the climax of the arc.

Last edited by Goodknight on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 pm

that reminds me i should post chapter 11 to 13... well put it under spoilers for now...
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Goodknight wrote:You can abandon quests unless they are special ones, like the
Spoiler:

As for what I know about the red PK mark:
Spoiler:

Oh, btw Gaiafires, thanks for introducing me to Celestial Destroyer. But dammit, why do I have to find out about it just before the climax of the arc.

it gets released fairly regularly tho, the chinese raws are almost weekly =P so the wait is no where near as excrutiating as LMS.

gaiafires

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 am

Woooh! *Dances the Happy Dance* Finally chapter 14! Yay!

Now for serious: Great Job!^^
Can we expect something like a weekly update? Or is there no schedule yet?
And would Oddsquad mind if I keep a personal copy of chapter 14?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 am

Definitely not weekly, we need more people with strong grasp of both Korean AND English for us to release that fast.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 am

What's the problem then?
Getting "Properly translated Korean->English" or getting "Translated Text into readable (chapter-)format"?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Both to some extent. I'm no longer going to answer anything regarding this. the thread is to discuss LMS not how its translated.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  creepaz Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:19 am

is it possible for you guys to maybe, get a collab going with Baka-tsuki since they also translate some korean novels.

creepaz

Character sheet
Name: Creepaz
Class: Ranger
Race: Half elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 pm

If you guys have questions, feel free to ask it in a question thread... if we have one. Do we have a questions thread? If not, we should.

If we don't, then feel free to ask me through PMs. Kay? :3
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm

People can ask questions here too though, no? It's a discussion thread after all.

I didn't know that about Baka-Tsuki...do they do Chinese novels too, by the way?
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next