Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning)

+5
BlackHorus
ri
luchianguyen
telchar
xenocross
9 posters

Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty Weed public exposure (spoilers warning)

Post  xenocross Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:17 am

Hello this is my first time posting here. Since I read from machine translation, I have difficulties in keeping track of things so I make some pointers while reading. I thought I will share it here

Below is how general player, public, perceive Weed. It develop over time and explain his popularity. It will be useful because we usually see him from 1st person perspective, from narrator perspective, from his close friend perspective etc, so we know how he REALLY is. But the general player and NPC have different perspective.

1. Weed of “The Continent of Magic”
- Reach the highest level
- All stats are maximum
- Possess various godly equipment
- Slain the bosses and sweep the deadliest dungeon alone
- Make a legend of longest hunting time – 204 hours – he stopped because his mouse was broken
- Kill Ray Bard and his guild, the best guild at that time
- The avatar was sold for 3.09 billion won

From here, weed have 2 personas when playing Royal Road. The sculptor and the adventurer, and people dont know that they are the same person

2. Weed the sculptor
Spoiler:

3. Weed the adventurer
Spoiler:

this is as far as volume 15. If I have time maybe I will make later volumes

xenocross

Back to top Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty Machine Translations

Post  telchar Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 am

Hi! Can you mail me the machine translations of LMS at

Last edited by telchar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

telchar

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty Re: Weed public exposure (spoilers warning)

Post  luchianguyen Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:21 am

this is amazing. you got all that from the gibberish of a translation? man, this is killing me. i cant wait for the translations to come out.

luchianguyen
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Luchia
Class: Priest
Race: Aquatic elf

Back to top Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty Re: Weed public exposure (spoilers warning)

Post  ri Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 pm

thanks. loved this.

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 am

xenocross wrote:
- Kill Ray Bard and his guild, the best guild at that time

Are you sure that the general public knows that point? I've only read up to volume 20, but so far I've only seen this mentioned in volume 17 or 18. Towards the end of the volume, Ray Bard's guild mate is talking to him about Weed.

I *think* the guild mate says something about how Weed is famous because of what he did in the Continent of Magick. Then he goes on to say that they (Ray Bard's guild) could be considered Weed's seniors because they were the best players/guild in Continent of Magick before they quit and Weed started playing it. Ray Bard says to ignore what Weed is doing, but once he's alone he starts having a flashback.

The flashback is just after Weed started getting famous for soloing entire dungeons in Continent of Magick. Ray Bard was feeling curious about Weed and decided to log back onto CoM in order to check him out. So he finally finds Weed clearing out a dungeon on his own and then launches a sneak attack! But Weed managed to dodge/block and they fought a duel in which Weed barely won. Over the next couple weeks, Ray Bard continued to attack Weed another 6 times, but Weed beat him more easily each time.

And this is why Ray Bard secretly holds a grudge against Weed.

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Totally agreed with fg109. I finished v22, and people don't know about them and Weed relationship. Well, they do learn that Sculptor Weed and Adventure Weed are the one and the same... though they debate about it since Weed has some weird personality for the "Battle God"

BTW, an addition to public view of Weed from "The Continent of Magic". People's different reaction to Weed:

Case 1) Some want to revenge him because he killed them.
Case 2) Some want to kill him (in Royal Road) for fame because he's famous and strong.
Case 3) Some admire him even after he killed them just cause he was so cool and strong.
Case 4) Some just try to avoid meeting Weed. (in fear of getting killed by him)
Case 5) Some never met Weed and only hear of the rumors suggested above (and admire him for that)

The view of people who hate Weed:
- Weed has bad temper
- Weed kills people without much reason (being in line to buy an item for too long, being a lovy-dovy couple, having a name that offends Weed, following him into a dungeon to watch him fight, etc.)
- Weed is scarier than a dragon

Ah, also people think the money-obsessed Weed shown through interview in a show was just a concept to make people amused, not the true Weed.

Well, their opinion about Weed usually gets stumped by Weed followers though even if they are all true...

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty Predictions and Spoilers

Post  Animeking Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Having read upto vol 31 (eagerly waiting for 32)

I predict that Weed and BardRay will join forces against the Embinyu Sect and in the process BardRay will succumb to Weed paving the way for Weed to be the new emperor of the Great Continent.

There's some foreshadowing in the dream BardRay has in vol 31 where he loses everything to Weed and is ready to surrender but Weed is unwilling to let him off due to greed for all the precious items

Bardray will drop at his death LOL Laughing

And regarding the above discussion, Bardray is the only one who has personal grudge against Weed, the others of his guild sees Weed as only a competitor for the Master Quest atm. The other guild

members' only only objective seems to be conquering the continent, in which Weed is not a contender, Otherwise they'd have wiped Weed's Morata/Arpen Kingdom out while it was still weak.

And for those who've read upto 31, any prediction as to what Weed's newly to be created Master's Secret Skill will be, and what the Final Secret Skill will be??

Animeking
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Animeking Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Animeking wrote:Having read upto vol 31 (eagerly waiting for 32)

I predict that Weed and BardRay will join forces against the Embinyu Sect and in the process BardRay will succumb to Weed paving the way for Weed to be the new emperor of the Great Continent.

There's some foreshadowing in the dream BardRay has in vol 31 where he loses everything to Weed and is ready to surrender but Weed is unwilling to let him off due to greed for all the precious items

And regarding the above discussion, Bardray is the only one who has personal grudge against Weed, the others of his guild sees Weed as only a competitor for the Master Quest atm. The other guild

members' only only objective seems to be conquering the continent, in which Weed is not a contender, Otherwise they'd have wiped Weed's Morata/Arpen Kingdom out while it was still weak.

And for those who've read upto 31, any prediction as to what Weed's newly to be created Master's Secret Skill will be, and what the Final Secret Skill will be??

I was wrong V 32 is basically about

Animeking
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Animeking Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Animeking wrote:Having read upto vol 31 (eagerly waiting for 32)

I was wrong V 32 is basically about
Spoiler:

Animeking
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeko Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:07 pm

The easiest way to win is to find out Weed's real-life identity and where he lives. Then during a critical duel, shut power to the apartment at the power meter for a few seconds. The power-hungry capsule will run out of power and Weed will freeze in the game because the game only allows instant logout at certain locations. Otherwise, the game freezes the char for a few minutes before removing it from the playing field. While frozen, Weed can then be killed and the item that drops can be looted. Another approach is to find the broadband line and install a radio-controlled wireless switch. They are pretty cheap. During a duel or important monster army fight, the connection can be toggled for a few seconds and Weed's char will freeze for a few minutes.... Repeat as needed for significant events.
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker
Race: Human

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

That would be an extremely cheap shot. Why not hack his account? Or do something that will force the admins to ban him? Or simply steal his game capsule? And while we're at it, why not kidnap his sister or threaten his grandma?

Besides, I'm pretty sure the capsules are proofed against things like that. I mean, imagine Weeds capsule is cut of from any source of electricity and his consciuosness doesnt return to his body. 24-hours-Powergaming!!!

You just need one extremely good player (who plays at least as much as Weed does) or a small army. Ans as long as weed is the hero its kinda obviuos that he'll be hard to kill...

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeko Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Namorax wrote:That would be an extremely cheap shot. Why not hack his account?

The goal is to win, not to play ethically. Ethics are an invention by the weak to keep the strong down and make them less competitive. Weed plays without ethics. If he played like that in any of the major MMORPG out in this real world, he would have been banned a long time ago.
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker
Race: Human

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:52 am

Why would they ban him? Did he break any rules? Did he do ANYTHING that other users don't do?

We have to keep in mind this is just a novel, not reality (there it is: the old "beat the discussion over the head"-Argument").
Most of Royal Roads player play because they want to have fun. Weed plays because his life depends on it. ;D

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Weed public exposure (spoilers warning) Empty weed guild

Post  gavrielashurov Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 pm

is weed going to create is own guild i am in volume 13 and i read some spoilers that he join a guild so i want to know will he create a guild and be the master? because from what i know till volume 13 he the ruler of morata and he very strong so why join a guild if he can open one alone?

gavrielashurov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down