Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

+12
creepaz
gaiafires
ninthlite
Namorax
Blique
Vielfras
Lareyn
Goodknight
SolarAdept
noobarta
Termiete
noobzilla
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  Vielfras Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 am

But why not post the 3 chapters that are left?
They are already out there and can be easily found, so why not add a chapter a week for the next three weeks?
Odd Squad, are you trying to create suspense or something?

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!]

Post  Blique Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:16 am

Vielfras wrote:But why not post the 3 chapters that are left?
They are already out there and can be easily found, so why not add a chapter a week for the next three weeks?

I was pretty much the one in charge of formatting the chapters of LMS to be able to be read on the site. I had to leave for a busy summer program a few weeks ago, and I didn't get those last three chapters done in time. I'll be back home within a week, so I might be able to get the rest done fairly soon.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 am

Blique wrote:
Vielfras wrote:But why not post the 3 chapters that are left?

I was pretty much the one in charge of formatting the chapters of LMS to be able to be read on the site. I had to leave for a busy summer program a few weeks ago, and I didn't get those last three chapters done in time. I'll be back home within a week, so I might be able to get the rest done fairly soon.

Hmm, I have all of the chapters in word files...
I typed them out a while back to print out and make into a paperback. All they need are the pop up screens (str up, quest explnations) typed and they are ready to go. I even made sure to fix some of the grammar and typing mistakes made in the scans.

Spoiler:

I'll be happy to send it to you if it helps...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 am

Namorax wrote:
Anyway, If anyone is too lazy to find the chapters 11,12 and 13, here are some Links:

The normal doc (Message Boxes are just black lines) and the scan again.
And I have no idea how to change the borders of the Message Boxes... But it would be great if you could keep the style the scanlated Volume introduced. Wink

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am

Not gonna waste time coding <.< but i could put it in a box like this:

Stat window
La la la
La la lal ala
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:45 pm

But wouldn't this be better?

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Arse10

It just feels more LMSlike... these simple border line(kinda reminding me of the pokemon games) were what got me the most excited while reading the scans.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Ugh, requires coding and having to input that code for every time that box comes up. I'd rather focus on actually getting this translated.

Last edited by noobzilla on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:27 pm

As good as it can be!^^

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Vielfras wrote:Hmm, I have all of the chapters in word files...
I typed them out a while back to print out and make into a paperback. All they need are the pop up screens (str up, quest explnations) typed and they are ready to go. I even made sure to fix some of the grammar and typing mistakes made in the scans.

I'll be happy to send it to you if it helps...

We already have the word files for all of the chapters, but by format, I mean we put extra spaces between every paragraph, plus we insert the coding that makes it properly readable on the internet.

Thanks for the offer, though.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Empty Loading 40/100

Post  Namorax Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 pm

What about creating images of the Message boxes? Just like in vielfras last post I mean:
It should be easier to insert a picture instead of coding everything. And you could "outsource" the creating of these boxes.^^

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 pm

We could... but it would require making the actual code...
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 am

I you don;t find us too annoying... we mean no harm. It's just that it's hard to wait for a high quality translation. And believe me after the google trans even a 5 year old's translation will be welcome.
Before you officially picked up LMS, I used my free time to acquire drawing skills (I got quite good actually). But now some of this free time goes to spreading around word off LMS.

By the way, this is close to how I picture Weed to be:
Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 The-jo10

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:41 am

Well ^.^ not that annoying, but I hope you understand that every time we post a new chapter on the blog we have to code all the formatting properly since blogger hates word formatting. And the border is just another burdensome thing to do <.<

Oh second i saw that picture i thought the phrase "boldly go where no man has gone before" ... must be the pose. Hmm i only have a vague image of him... can't describe it well
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:52 am

I understand, and I don't envy you at all. As most of the work is probably spacing between the sentences, it must be extremely repetitive and boring...
Most people can't do it, and the rest might become crazy clown

When I read the novel I can imagine him doing the bad ass mofo stuff he does, and the surroundings easily. But for some reason I just can't imagine him smiling in my head... And when he does smile, it just seems to me like an evil grin, or the smile a predator would give to its prey...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Hmm, the picture seems too...open, showy for Weed. I think it would fit the image people see when he's flamboyantly praising things and speaking noble-y-ish, but the real Weed feels more...reclusive. The only passion he shows is directly to the point, and he doesn't waste anything, even a motion, if it doesn't serve his goal. Hmm, don't know of a good image to show...

Oh hey, how about this for Seoyoon?

Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Emptiness_by_mibou-d315sf8
"Emptiness" by mibou~
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Oh, I see what you mean there... him having two different looks does fit. One for kissing up to NPC's and showing off to other players. And another that shows who he really is... dead parents, huge debts, no education, bags under his eyes and wrinkles on his forehead from all the hard work he had to do since his childhood. With a hidden pride that hates to lose...

Makes me think of Greed from FMA but with a quieter personality... and long hair, he must have long hair. Most likely because he thinks it a waste of time taking care of himself, and a haircut costs money!

About Seoyoon, it's hard to say. They never describe her from what I can remember. All they say is that she's extremely beautiful and her face lacks expression. And seeing as how beauty is something personal, I was glad the author never bothered to go into any details concerning her looks.
Still a good picture though, I like how calm and just a little sad her face looks.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hmm... the first pic of TMS were the ones in the translated volume, so I guess I am already heavily influenced by them.

My Image of Weed is more of a teenager then a man since he quit going to school not so long ago, he's a bit thin but still has muscles due to him working, but nothing excessive. He has short hair because you can use a hair-cutter to shave/cut them yourself and long hair tends to be a bother if you have to work a lot (at least thats what I think). Oh, and Weed is NOT allowed to wear metal armor as far as I know. One of the restrictions of being a Sculptor. And this ahoulder armor definitely looke like a heavy, metalic thing.

About the Seoyoon-Picture:
Whe I first saw this, I still had the impression of a slight smile. Even now, after reading the title of the pic, I still believe she smiles when I see it.
anyway, this is what Seoyoon looks to me.

https://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Namorax/?action=view&current=Moonlight_Sculptor_004.jpg
(Image tag doesnt seem to work, so here's the link instead...

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Since it was mentioned that Seoyoon used to be a very cheerful girl, I think that image captures her as a person in general, not just how she is currently. The smile would express her cheerful nature, but overall, you can tell there's definitely something wrong, that something must have happened to take that smile away and leave her feeling empty. Though I do agree it'd look more like her with less of a smile.

The "official" novel illustrations...they pain my eyes...Weed compares Seoyoon to Freya, the goddess of beauty and fertility. That illustration of her is cutesy and young - it just doesn't fit...
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:50 am

Freya doenst really have a form, so beauty lies in the eye of the beholder as they say. A lot can change during 20+ Volumes, so I dont really see a problem with the other Seoyoon.
I just picture them as teenagers with no specified age somewhere between 16 and 20.

Or are there any ages (of Maincharacters) mentioned in the story?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 am

Yes but beauty cannot be expressed by an amateur artist who was paid like a professional *gags at english novel's Seoyoon/Freya" drawing.

Last edited by noobzilla on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:38 am

Yes, Weed is 21. Seoyoon's age hasn't been mentioned, but from how Weed reacts to her, she sounds about the same age, maybe older.

Beauty aside (and I'm still of the opinion that this "beautiful" is quite different from that "cutesy" regardless of tastes), Freya is the goddess of fertility. If people pray to her for that, I think it'd be more realistic that they pray to a woman, a mother, not to a teenage girl. Seoyoon is also described as having a "mysterious and noble dignity", which suggests the maturity that a woman would have, as opposed to that of a teenage girl.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:56 pm

But thats still a matter of your personal opinion. Maybe its because I cant imagine an adult playing an MMOPRG the way Weed and Seoyoon do (with a target in mind, or just to escape reality).
I think I'll read the 1st Volume again and watch out for the part where they mention Weed's age.

Recently I found this on J-Cafe, inside the TMS-Thread. Its about something that happens between Seoyoon and Weed, concerning a specific "Pet" of hers... This happens a lot later, and the Pet seems to have been important to the story at one point in time, so I dont really have the whole context, nor is this a word-for-word translation. Its just a short summary of a situation that happened. The reason i put this here is Seoyoons reaction.

Spoiler-Alert, since something will be mentioned that appears a lot later on the story. Just minor to be honest, but still a possible spoiler:

My point being: I cannot see someone around the age of 21 act like that. Even if you consider Seoyoons circumstances and claim that she might act unlike her age since she's so withdrawn into herself.
This looks to me like something someone around the age of 16 or 17 would do, give or take a year.

I'm just more comfortable (or able) picturing Weed and Seoyoon as teenagers on the edge of becoming adults, something like 16-18 years.
If they're around the age of 21, they would be almost as old as I am, and I absolutely cant picture them that way...

Edit: "mysterious and noble dignity" doesnt need to be because of age or maturity.
Seoyoon is obviously the daugther of a very rich household, so I guess its possible she received "proper eductaion" for a young lady which explains why Weed has such an Impression of her. At least thats what I think.
And fertility? I tend to connct the picture of a mother with love&kindness, maybe even forgiveness.
I'm still a young and lively *ahem*man*ahem* so whenever I think about beauty/fertility, I tend to picture young girls/women. Or am I the only one?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 pm

being a 21 year old Asian Message Therapist and college drop and top ranker in Aion, L2, WOW, Rift, etc out I can say that it is extremely plausable given the cultural differences and the depths of emotional trauma, neets, or hard core MMO players. I can tell you from experiences there are even 40+ year old people playing 16 hours a day on MMOs and 20 is not really adult age by a long stretch. While it is different in my case, which is failing to meet the expectations of Asian parents and burning out I have met other online gamers who were emotionally abused or traumatized and can only express themselves through a proxy such as an online avater. There are plenty of top PVPers especially on grindy Asian MMOs who have considered suicide and/or actually killing people in real life and talked about it with their online guildies. These people are extremely shy and socially inept offline and can express a WIDE range of behaviors online in contrast such as the way Seoyun acts.

PS remeber this is a virtual reality game so its not the same as typing in current day MMOs. It may still be hard to speak in general even inside a ficticious environment but she can still type things out right? I.E. write on the ground.

Finally I believe that Seoyun should have a more ice queen/princess look to fit her description not some chippy teenager with short hair. POSSIBLY even droopy eyes/half closed eyes to better exhibit her not really caring attitude
Moonlight Sculptor [no spoilers!] - Page 2 Luxueqi

gaiafires

Character sheet
Name: SenorPaco
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiafires Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 pm

O yeah have you guys posted on the Recruitment section on Baka Updates for Korean Translators?

gaiafires

Character sheet
Name: SenorPaco
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Which manga/manhwa is that picture from Gaia?

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next