Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting

+7
geeuleun
JussAFan
I will knife you
Ixis
Double10day
kinossi
Doonge
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting

Post  schadschad Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:30 am

Hi guys. Before anything else THANKYOU for oddsquad, you guys are just.... the best. Thank god I read comments on webtoon's app, I felt like crying when I saw you're half way through season 3 when I only read until season 1 and had to wait every single week for every single chapter.

Anyway some of you guys probably heard that CITT will be adapted to a tv drama, and it was decided that Park Hae Jin will play Jung Yoo. Now the actress has yet to be decided but I'd like to hear your opinion about who should be Hong Sul?

I heard that K Netizens had some polls about that, and turns out the most voted actress was Chun Woo Hee, saying that appearance-wise, she's the most fitted one to play Hong Sul. Never heard of her, but according to images on google she actually kinda portrays Hong Sul in some way.

I also heard that K-Netz opinions might be taken into consideration looking back to how Park Hae Jin was casted, because apparently he had the most votes, and they say Soon Kki herself approved him to play Jung Yoo. (i dont know if that's 100% legit though)

Me personally have no idea about who's gonna play Hong Sul because CITT has the most original and unique characters that I rarely see in any K-dramas, because K-dramas tend to have the same exact plot and characters as if it was a recycle. I can only think of Han Hyo Joo but she kinda lacks in a way that Hong Sul is naive yet sharp and complicated while Han Hyo Joo's romcom characters so far are just.. naive.

What do you think? Very Happy

btw I pray that this drama doesn't end up like orange marmalade, i hope the writers don't change a single thing cause this webtoon is perfect already!

schadschad

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty Re: Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting

Post  Jeuliette Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:35 am

I really agree with you with regards to your statement about changing something in this manhwa. It really is perfect as it is. I love this manhwa and I've been following it's weekly updates even if I can't understand Korean.

It's not like I don't care who they cast but my main concern about this drama is the story line. What's gonna be excluded? What's gonna be change? Man, just thinking about changing even a single thing about the magnificent story line of CITT saddens me. It's really perfect, just like what you said. But it's an adaptation so there's gonna be something they're gonna change. Right?

But I really hope they don't alter the story line so much. I love the flow of this manhwa. I love this manhwa because of it's story line. The STORY LINE is the most important to me. This is what really attracts me about this manhwa (of course, apart from Yoo Jung and not to mention Hong Sul's sensitivity. hahaha).

This manhwa flourished and loved by many because of the brilliant artist's presentation of the story (as well as the art). So I hope and pray that the essence of the manhwa as portrayed by Soonkki will reflect in the upcoming drama.

Jeuliette

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoyaZ Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:09 am

I actually do not want Chun Woo Hee do be Hong Sul. I don't want to sound rude or anything but I do not like her appearance, it does not do justice to Hong Sul. Han Hyo Joo is pretty and well I would actually like her to play Hong Sul. I think it would be quite a challenge for her if she plays naive roles a lot but if she is a versatile actress, then I think she would be able to potray Hong Sul well. I don't really care who the actress is as long as she is pretty and gives off the same vibe as Hong Sul. Such that you actually feel that she IS Hong Sul and not just an actress playing her part. Smile

ZoyaZ

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty Jeuliette

Post  schadschad Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:06 am

Yes I agree with you too, I think the number 1 priority should be the story line. However what makes me write a discussion for the casting is I think because this webtoon is very character-driven, so castings are as important to me. I think this story is a bit hard to be adapted to tv because these characters 'think' a lot, and those thoughts are essential because it defines what kind of a person the characters are. It's easy for readers to give judgements on the characters because we read it, but it's a totally different story if we watch it if that makes any sense.

In my opinion, Yoo Jung's character is somewhat familiar and not as hard to portray as Hong Sul's character. I think the actress who'll play her is very important since Hong Sul's way of thinking is obviously very different compared to most of the female lead characters in romcom K-Dramas. Most of K-Dramas female lead are basically the same person with different circumstances and different faces Very Happy

It concerns me quite a lot because this webtoon is very much loved and as a reader I just don't want it to be ruined. If the PDs and writers and actors can't pull this off, I seriously suggest that they shouldn't even bother in the first place .__.

schadschad

Back to top Go down

Post  cookiegal Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:34 pm

I have never watched a Kdrama, and I don't know any korean actors, but I did some research, because I don't want to see CITT screwed by a bad adaptation! So here are my thoughts, appearance-wise... I think Kim Tae Hee is nice for Sul, she is even the same height! Han Hyo Joo is too tall (unless the info I saw was wrong), almost as tall as In Ha, but I'd like her to play Joo Yeon (the tall, beautiful girl that tried to poison Sul), because she is sexy but classier than In Ha, and I think Chun Woo-hee would be better to play Sung Eun (prep school girl) Ham Eun Jung totally rocks blond hair, but she is too short to play In Ha, and Bae Suzy looks nice to play Bo Ra.

My dreamcast is far from complete, but feel free to tell me why these actresses wouldn't work Very Happy

cookiegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anony 123 Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

I remember talking to me friend excitedly about the drama announcement (she wasn't aware of this webtoon at the time) and I was looking through dreamcasts since I don't know much about korean actors/actresses. She asked me about Sul appearance-wise and her characteristics in general and she lit up. Literally. She loves K-pop and Kdramas so she suggested Dara from 2NE1. I'm skeptical because, again, I don't know much about K-idols and most Kpop in general (I'm only loving BTS. It's hard to venture beyond them if you know what I mean Razz ) anyway, she showed a few of the woman's photos without makeup and casual clothing. Her hair was frizzy and hue-tint of orange, frace pretty in a subtle way. Clothing style- check. (Like all idols I'm assuming) Hardworking- check.

The only thing I'm iffy about is how anyone will play any character tbh. I saw the actor for Yoo Jung and heard appearance-wise and character was perfect (judging from the character type he played in the past) but I'm curious. What do you guys think of Dara?

Anony 123

Back to top Go down

Post  shcadschad Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:17 am

Sooo I'm a bit curious about Cheon Woo Hee that K-Netz recommend the most for Hong Sul. I searched for her movies and she's actually really good in the movie 'Sunny' and 'Han Gong Ju'. She even received Blue Dragon Award for Best Actress for the movie Han Gong Ju which is apparently a big deal, I think it's an equivalent of Oscars, I could be wrong though.

I watched several clips for those 2 movies and she's really flexible. Her characters are different to one another, and her voice range can be 'agyeo-ish' high but from what I heard her voice is naturally feminine-ishly (?) low, which is what I hope for Hong Sul. AND her body! I think it's spot on. Slim, not too skinny, not too tall, not too short. Well you guys can google her anyway but really I think everything about her, so far, is on point. I watched a clip when she was acting angry in Han Gong Ju and Sunny, her glare though... pretty good since Hong Sul gets angry a lot haha.

As I search more about her my hopes get really high for her to play Hong Sul, because she's more like a big-screen actress, yknow, she plays serious (?) movies, and her acting skill is very promising. I really hope she gets the play, I have high hopes Very Happy

Now, I think as long as this drama does not involve any idols, especially with the main characters, we should be okay... not that I hate them or anything, don't get me wrong, but most of the time idols acting skill just don't really compare to actual actors, especially big screen actors. But that's just my opinion.

I encourage you to look more for this Cheon Woo Hee person Very Happy

shcadschad

Back to top Go down

Post  taytay Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

I know that most idol-actors have a bad rep but I could actually picture Jung Eunji as Hong Sul. She is not only a fantastic actor (Reply 1997, Trot Lovers-->though this drama ended up kinda sucking, I think she showed remarkable versatility and talent) but I feel that she has the aura of Sul. Bonus, she actually rocks the orange hair Wink

Though I believe that Han Groo and Jung So Min are also good casting choices!

taytay

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesclues Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:52 am

No to Jung Eunji as Sul, her and Park Hae Jin wouldn't match at all, even physically. Plus I think her characters have been too childish so I can't imagine her as Sul. Sul is supposed to be thin, tall, quirky, expressive, and a bit elegant. It's a very detailed and realistic character that will be difficult to pull off unless you're already like that or you're a fantastic actor. I don't think Eunji is at that level yet.

Bluesclues

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty xD

Post  ice_bubblez Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:57 am

I would love it if they select Han groo as Hong Sul!! Like you should seriously check her out on Marriage not dating. Her acting is just superb!!! As for Yoo Jung....I want them to select someone younger. More like I want a fresh face. Han groo is also a fresh face and I would love to see more of her onscreen. As for Baek In Ho...no idea. No one comes up to mind. Since he is mix. So I can't think of anyone who is mixed.

ice_bubblez

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty my thoughts

Post  wuyipan Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:36 am

So i guess almost everyone knows that park hae jin was chosen im really happy. Even though this wont do anything at all hahahahha. judging by appearance i would choose choi minho from shinee, yes i know i know you all disagree. Recently Shinee have been active due to promotions of their comeback, they have been wearing contacts lately too (which looks so good on them <3) I stumbled upon shinee guesting on snl korea and it was hilarious i highly suggest you watching it and see the resemblance of minho and yoo jung (im seeing a real life jung wtf) but sadly minho is not very good with acting, idols can rarely wow me with their acting i doubt he can do this but anyways. who do you guys see as your real life jung?
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting 11371957_433268546844306_329479469_n
the smirk omg..
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting 2316B4355582DDAC047D26
hhahahhah

wuyipan

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty kim tae hee

Post  kidchrono Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 am

Just searched up Kim Tae Hee like you said cookiegal, and omg I think she could pull it off! At least appearance wise Rolling Eyes

Chun woo hee is a bit too old for Sul imo, but I suppose it'll be fine if she could act out Sul properly. Good acting skills is better than a pretty face in the case of Sul tbh

kidchrono

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty My dream cast

Post  gueeleun Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:47 pm

I am not saying this as an expert in k-drama but personally for me

1.Gong Hyo Jin for Sul
Arrow even though she maybe too old to play as a college student, it's not very noticable because in my eyes her acting skills are remarkably versatile.
Spoiler:
OR Like a Star @ heaven Kim Hee Sun Like a Star @ heaven she is so beautiful and youthful, she can pass for a high school student. SO please gods of the heavens cast her as SUL.
Spoiler:

2.Kim Soo Hyun for Jung
Arrow because of the recent popular drama called 'The Producers' i really do see the potential in his acting plus I really want to see Hyo Jin and Soo Hyun as a couple! Do you even need the picture of him? I am sure it's plastered to our brains. really he might not be fit for JUNG but can a girl dream a little.

3.Ok Taec Yeon for In Ho
Arrow because might i say he is the hunkiest k-star i know!

4.Lee Hyun Woo for Joon
Arrow because no one can be as adorable as him

and as for the recommendations I have read in the previous posts.
Kim Tae Hee(kth), appearance isn't a major factor for casting, atleast i hope not, otherwise the drama could be a flunk. KTH is as old(35) as my first reco for Sul- Hyo Jin. So, I guess age isn't a problem for us readers.

As for Chun Woo Hee(CWH) she certainly doesn't have the screen presence required to play Sul. The way I see it Sul is an extraordinarily self-possessed person.
appearance wise Park Hae Jin is the replica of Jung, if he could project Jung's persona it would be perfection! as for choi min ho i disagree that he resembles Jung.

No to Jung Eunji for obvious reasons
Spoiler:
, Jung So Min is beautiful and talented but not right fit for Sul.
Spoiler:

Han groo might be able to pull off Sul but I want to see her as Inhwa more! She would definitely win pity points and not be a total antagonist, as I think she can go full on crazy if need be. Again age might be a problem she is just 23 too young for Inhwa but in tv everything can be reversed.
If we could ignore the age factor the perfect candidate would be........... cha-jang...
Kim Hee Sun
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Latest?cb=20130122074215&path-prefix=es

gueeleun

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty My dream cast

Post  geeuleun Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:48 pm

I am not saying this as an expert in k-drama but personally for me

1.Gong Hyo Jin for Sul
Arrow even though she maybe too old to play as a college student, it's not very noticable because in my eyes her acting skills are remarkably versatile.
Spoiler:
OR Like a Star @ heaven Kim Hee Sun Like a Star @ heaven she is so beautiful and youthful, she can pass for a high school student. SO please gods of the heavens cast her as SUL.
Spoiler:

2.Kim Soo Hyun for Jung
Arrow because of the recent popular drama called 'The Producers' i really do see the potential in his acting plus I really want to see Hyo Jin and Soo Hyun as a couple! Do you even need the picture of him? I am sure it's plastered to our brains. really he might not be fit for JUNG but can a girl dream a little.

3.Ok Taec Yeon for In Ho
Arrow because might i say he is the hunkiest k-star i know!

4.Lee Hyun Woo for Joon
Arrow because no one can be as adorable as him

and as for the recommendations I have read in the previous posts.
Kim Tae Hee(kth), appearance isn't a major factor for casting, atleast i hope not, otherwise the drama could be a flunk. KTH is as old(35) as my first reco for Sul- Hyo Jin. So, I guess age isn't a problem for us readers.

As for Chun Woo Hee(CWH) she certainly doesn't have the screen presence required to play Sul. The way I see it Sul is an extraordinarily self-possessed person.
appearance wise Park Hae Jin is the replica of Jung, if he could project Jung's persona it would be perfection! as for choi min ho i disagree that he resembles Jung.

No to Jung Eunji for obvious reasons
Spoiler:
, Jung So Min is beautiful and talented but not right fit for Sul.
Spoiler:

Han groo might be able to pull off Sul but I want to see her as Inhwa more! She would definitely win pity points and not be a total antagonist, as I think she can go full on crazy if need be. Again age might be a problem she is just 23 too young for Inhwa but in tv everything can be reversed.
If we could ignore the age factor the perfect candidate would be........... cha-jang...
Kim Hee Sun
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Latest?cb=20130122074215&path-prefix=es
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: flowerhorn
Class: archer
Race: Humanoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesclues Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 pm

OMG YOU GUYS! LEE MIN KI FOR BEK IN HO! affraid bounce GOOGLE HIM!

Bluesclues

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty yes ditto

Post  geeuleun Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Bluesclues wrote:OMG YOU GUYS! LEE MIN KI FOR BEK IN HO! affraid bounce  GOOGLE HIM!
I thought so too!! if he has blonde hair, magic! Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Minki_cosmo2

and doesn't this look like he is in bed with SULLL!!!
Spoiler:
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesclues Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:29 pm

@geeuleun YESSSSS ^^ OMFG He's perfect! As long as he gets a bigger build!

Please spam pics of him here *.* I can't because I'm a guest Crying or Very sad

Bluesclues

Back to top Go down

Post  geeuleun Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Bluesclues wrote:@geeuleun YESSSSS ^^ OMFG He's perfect! As long as he gets a bigger build!  cheers

Please spam pics of him here *.* I can't because I'm a guest Crying or Very sad

haha no can do(to spamming), but one more picture cannot hurt.
Spoiler:
i think he might be too lazy to buil muscles, i mean almost all k star at one point have tried to gain muscle i can say that through research Cool
However, LEE MIN KI doesn't have such a record... anyway who needs muscles when he has the looks to pull off bad boy and a good boy image!
another one as fanservice
Spoiler:
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluesclues Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:52 pm

@geeuleun He had muscles for one of his movies before! pervingonkpop(dot)tumblr(dot)com/post/96708415612/holy-shit-lee-min-ki affraid  Just replace the (dot)'s with a . He built his body really well for that role, I don't doubt he could do it again if he wanted.

Bluesclues

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty Lee min ki as bek in ho

Post  kidchrono Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:20 am

Kinda yes and no at the same time for me, but I can imagine it! Now all we have to do is to dye his hair dirty blonde! XD

kidchrono

Back to top Go down

Post  cheese fan Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Kim Tae Hee is not a good actress... I wouldn't want her for Sul at all.

cheese fan

Back to top Go down

Post  geeuleun Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:35 pm

cheese fan wrote:Kim Tae Hee is not a good actress... I wouldn't want her for Sul at all.
I don't know her from her acting career as I don't remmeber watching any of her work but I agree with you on not wanting her to be Sul.

as for LEE MIN KI's bod here it is... no spoilers for this one, thanks bluesclues for finding it!
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Tumblr_n3iwabDYf01qhwguzo1_500
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty Lee Min Ki and Chun Woo Hee

Post  schadschad Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:50 am

I actually kinda see a bit of Yoo Jung in Lee Minki! See the movie "Spellbound" when he played with Son Ye Jin, he looked sooo much like Yoo Jung. However I think he's in the military, no? I don't know for sure though.

But SERIOUSLY you guys, the more I see her the more I want Chun Woo Hee to be Seol. She's just nearly perfect compared to other candidates (? Laughing ) and who says she's too old for Seol? Watch "Han Gong Ju"! She played a high school girl and I think she nailed it. So did when she played "Sunny." I can't think of anyone else to play Seol tbh. Her acting skills are above everyone else too. LOVE her! I'm kinda bias right now hahah

schadschad

Back to top Go down

Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Empty updates

Post  schadschad Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:04 am

Forgot to include these:
1. Cheese In The Trap drama will be taken by TVN!!! YAS!
2. Moreover it will be written (or produced? not sure) by the same person who written/produced Coffee Prince!!! double YAS!!
3. The three most voted preferred actresses by K-Netz in no particular order: a. Oh Yeon Seo b. Seo Min Ji (the one who played webdrama Midnight Girl) c. Chun Woo Hee.

schadschad

Back to top Go down

Post  geeuleun Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 pm

schadschad wrote:I actually kinda see a bit of Yoo Jung in Lee Minki! See the movie "Spellbound" when he played with Son Ye Jin, he looked sooo much like Yoo Jung. However I think he's in the military, no? I don't know for sure though.

hey GUYSS!!! its confirmed and its pretty damn great news Exclamation
introducing the YOO JUNG we have all been waiting for
Cheese In The Trap Drama Casting Cheesetrap1
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet

Back to top Go down