Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting

+8
langdu2002
SmokenAce
Lareyn
Namorax
Vielfras
Blique
evertosword
noobzilla
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting - Page 2 Empty Re: LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting

Post  evertosword Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:46 pm

That's a pretty nice idea you have! +thumbs up+
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting - Page 2 Empty Re: LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting

Post  Namorax Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Personally I dont think so... I did work with a wikia once, and so many peoples changed stuff, you had to read everything again just to be sure you got the right article...

I would like to think that the chapters go through the hands of (at least) one competent translator, proofreader and Qualitychecker. And THEN it gets released. If that process requires time, then I am more then willing to give the team that time. Or demand that they announce when they drop the project. Razz

What is printed on these green slips of paper the american use to pay stuff with?

"In Odd we trust."

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 pm

You can always try changing it to "In Weed We Trust"

Ehh there is no harm in trying?

Yep, the points you make hold alot of sense.

Most of the time it's better to have organization.
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Nah... In weed we trust sounds kinda wrong, while "odd" sounds very similar to the original "god". You read it, and your first thought is "Wait a sec, isn't that a Typo?"
With Weed you need to think a little to get the joke. But thats just me.

PS: And the best thing is one professional translator who does all the work in a week so we can read 20+ volumes of Weed and his adventures Very Happy

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Yep Yep. But professionals get paid. Who's paying him/her?

Yep its a joke.
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting - Page 2 Empty Chapter 18 grammar correction

Post  Naeko Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:09 am

- Fighting Spirit
- Enables bursts of extraordinary strength and cows weaker monsters.

The above quote from Chapter 18 uses "cows". The correct grammatical usage is "will cower" so that line should be corrected to be:
"...and will cower weaker monsters."
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker
Race: Human

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 am

No we wrote it right. The verb cow doesn't turn you into a cow.

cow
verb (used with object)
to frighten with threats, violence, etc.; intimidate; overawe.
Origin:
1595–1605; < Old Norse kūga to oppress, cow; compare Danish kue to cow

Related forms
un·cowed, adjective

Synonyms
terrorize, scare, bully.

Also in reply to what you had in mind with the wikia. A wiki style translation like bata-tsuki is difficult to regulate, and unreliable. So we have no intention to switching our publishing format, ever, I think namorax summed it up well, so i won't go into an explanation.

noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LMS Latest Chapter Discussion + Error reporting - Page 2 Empty Chapter 16's Title Header is showing as Chapter 15

Post  Althalus Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 am

Chapter 16's Title Header is showing as Chapter 15:

Moonlight Sculptor v2c16
Translators: Musica, BlackHorus, Sugarpie
Proofreaders: Icephoenix, Chloesong, Noobzilla, Wryn

Chapter 15: The Meaning behind Royal Road

Althalus

Character sheet
Name: Althalus
Class: Spellsword
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  loztcause Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:49 am

The only thing I noticed last night was a sword had defence instead of damage, lol. I was afraid it might not be a mistake, but I checked and it's already been changed. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the new chapter!

And having a wikia sounds like a nightmare. I remember working with a couple translators who would go back and forth changing things a dozen times, most of the time with no real benefit. The "perfect" translation is mostly a matter of taste or personal preference. Better to let one person do it and leave it be unless there is actually a real mistake. ;/

With that said, Oddsquad does a fine job from what I've seen. There may be things I would word differently myself(can't remember them though), but I've never seen anything I thought was just flat out wrong. So I hope you guys keep at it. I'm really looking forward to reading more of this novel. ;3

loztcause

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2