Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion

+6
tofu21
Blique
Iris Irene
Demoninmysoul
Yuki
noobzilla
10 posters

Go down

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion Empty Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 am

No novel spoilers~ if you wish to give spoilers do it in a separate Spoiler thread.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion Empty Re: Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion

Post  Yuki Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 am

Ooooohhhh I LOVE Sun!

He is so ADORABLE! I mean, seriously, what sort of Sun Knight affiliates himself with a Dark Lord and a PINK necromancer!

And, he is SO HOOOTTT!!

*fan girl scream*
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Snow
Class: Magical Assassin

Back to top Go down

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion Empty ch8

Post  Demoninmysoul Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Wow! We start getting to the action! Actually I read the novel too, so the story isn't new for the most part, but it's still worth reading it! I love Sun the most! He's a bit twisted, and that makes things even more interesting! Twisted Evil

But somehow I love the 1/2 Prince manhua much more - maybe it's that, that there I can distinguish the characters from each other.... (Okay, sorry if you guys/girls like how she draws, I don't want to hurt you, I just don't really like her style.) But aside from that, it's different reading a novel and imagining, and reading a manhua where you see the picture as a fact.

Thanks for the lots of work! I love you Embarassed

(If you started mass producing chapters, I'd die from lack of sleep, or insomnia.... But even if that came, I'd die happily.... cheers )
Demoninmysoul
Demoninmysoul

Character sheet
Name: Ookami Shiro
Class: Bounty Hunter/Fluffy Plush Toy
Race: Dark Elf

Back to top Go down

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion Empty Re: Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion

Post  noobzilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 pm

I was laughing through the entire Archdragon part.... even though i read it in the novel first >< HILARIOUS!
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris Irene Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 am

I love the story.... its funny, I can't stop smiling when I read it Very Happy
but I disappointed with manhua's art..... its not cool... Sad
Iris Irene
Iris Irene

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Iris Irene wrote:I love the story.... its funny, I can't stop smiling when I read it Very Happy

It gets cooler as it progresses. Kitty changed her art style in the second volume, and it seems she's getting the hang of it in the third volume.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris Irene Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 am

Blique wrote:
Iris Irene wrote:I love the story.... its funny, I can't stop smiling when I read it Very Happy

It gets cooler as it progresses. Kitty changed her art style in the second volume, and it seems she's getting the hang of it in the third volume.

yeah, but I still like 1/2 prince's art more than LSK's art Crying or Very sad
Iris Irene
Iris Irene

Back to top Go down

Post  aitsuu Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:50 am

It's adorable! I don't know about you guys.(:
But I really liked the art. haha
It's better than some manhua's out there.

aitsuu

Back to top Go down

Post  tofu21 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Hmm... actually it was pretty easy to figure out who the Death Knight was. No, more like I already knew who he was(from a long time ago) but that's not why I read this manhua. I'm still waiting to see how they're going to develop the story: I sure hope they won't kill him right away 'cos I'm very very curious what happened to him, for him to end in this sorry state. Rather, I suspect Pink might be able to keep him alive for now. Though I wonder if Roland can even manage to get away or if Creus will let him go? Hmmm... Razz

If the battle ends up in Roland dying permanently and starts turning into one of those typical conspiracy tales(where the "good" survive, no matter what they do and the "bad" die, even if they didn't always choose their fate), I'll give up on this. I always hate it when they do a cop-out by having a morally ambigious main character turn out to be "Mr Samaritian" by justifying every action, in the end. No

I actually don't mind the art at all: the style and the chibis. My problem with many manhwa/manga/manhua, etc. with similar art is that the characters often make me want to kill them and I'm rarely into the plots they have. So this was good: no annoying females/males, not too much weepy melodrama, etc.

And I love the necromancer too. I'm interested to see how the "living dead" are represented: as monsters, fully sentient, retaining memories and personality from when they're human, or something?

tofu21

Back to top Go down

Sun Knight - Latest Chapter Discussion Empty SPOILER - reply

Post  Demoninmysoul Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:43 am

tofu21 wrote:Hmm... actually it was pretty easy to figure out who the Death Knight was. No, more like I already knew who he was(from a long time ago) but that's not why I read this manhua. I'm still waiting to see how they're going to develop the story: I sure hope they won't kill him right away 'cos I'm very very curious what happened to him, for him to end in this sorry state. Rather, I suspect Pink might be able to keep him alive for now. Though I wonder if Roland can even manage to get away or if Creus will let him go? Hmmm... Razz

If the battle ends up in Roland dying permanently and starts turning into one of those typical conspiracy tales(where the "good" survive, no matter what they do and the "bad" die, even if they didn't always choose their fate), I'll give up on this. I always hate it when they do a cop-out by having a morally ambigious main character turn out to be "Mr Samaritian" by justifying every action, in the end. No

I actually don't mind the art at all: the style and the chibis. My problem with many manhwa/manga/manhua, etc. with similar art is that the characters often make me want to kill them and I'm rarely into the plots they have. So this was good: no annoying females/males, not too much weepy melodrama, etc.

And I love the necromancer too. I'm interested to see how the "living dead" are represented: as monsters, fully sentient, retaining memories and personality from when they're human, or something?

Don't worry about the stereotypes. After all, the first thing we got to know about the characters of the knights, is that, they're very different on the inside. I Sun would behave as he feels like, he'd most likely be a bad guy in the story. And I love Roland too, and just wanted to tell, you, that he's story won't end too soon - I don't even know if he'll be written out at all... Maybe not. Smile

About the undead.... The way they come back depends on their death, and the level of the spell they're brought back with.... From brainless half-rotten zombies, to Death Knights like Roland.
Demoninmysoul
Demoninmysoul

Character sheet
Name: Ookami Shiro
Class: Bounty Hunter/Fluffy Plush Toy
Race: Dark Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  tofu21 Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:56 am

Demoninmysoul wrote:

Don't worry about the stereotypes. After all, the first thing we got to know about the characters of the knights, is that, they're very different on the inside. I Sun would behave as he feels like, he'd most likely be a bad guy in the story. And I love Roland too, and just wanted to tell, you, that he's story won't end too soon - I don't even know if he'll be written out at all... Maybe not. Smile

About the undead.... The way they come back depends on their death, and the level of the spell they're brought back with.... From brainless half-rotten zombies, to Death Knights like Roland.

Oops, you're right about the stereotypes thing... the knights are just too frigging entertaining. I mean... corrupting a poor kid into being a pervert when he's all innocent inside. And yah, the story really subverts a ton of stereotypes.

I don't think that Sun would become a bad guy though... if he acted in-character. He'd probably become more morally ambiguous, that's all.

Well, I kinda like Roland 'cos he's really interesting and he could be a really fun addition to the story.

And why do I think the story is going to turn into the Sun Knight vs the monarchy?

And thanks for the reminder about the undead.

tofu21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:16 am

@tofu : Did you read the online english-translated novel of LSK, which is translated by Prince Revolution!? If you do, you should be able to find out more about the story faster than waiting for the translated & scanlated mangas to come out...
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  tofu21 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:38 am

@Yuki:

Erm, I haven't had anytime to read the novels. I will check them out maybe far-off in the future 'cos my memory is poor and it takes a lot of time to re-read the chapters, in order to catch up(each time they release a new chapter or volume). I'd rather wait for the manhua for now. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Smile

tofu21

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Speaking of Pink, how old is she? O_O

Take your guess!
Real Age:
Physical Body's Age by Looks:

I think she's around 9000 years old in reality, but looks like a 5-year old.
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Real age: around a thousand
Looks: 9
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:35 am

For me, its :

Real Age : 800+?

Looks : 8?
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Well, either way, she's super old...
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Didn't Sun call Pink corpse? Does that mean Pink's body is her real body or someone else's? Or does she just have supper baby face?

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 am

I think its her real body...After all, I haven't found any storylines that states that undeads are able to move their souls to other bodies...So, who knows?
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Oh well, just wondering. But then doesn't that mean she somehow made her body get younger by trillions of years? Wouldn't that be too much for even a really good Necromancer like her?

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 am

She probably got plastic surgery from Japan, whatever they make, it lasts long.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  KitsuneWannaBe Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I don't know, magic forces are at work so I'd say she stole the body or died young. Dead bodies don't age, I think. You just have to keep them from rotting. I'm more interested in how she got the snappy looking blood sucking armor. Better yet who would invent snappy black blood sucking armor.
KitsuneWannaBe
KitsuneWannaBe

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  SolarAdept Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:54 pm

This blog has the first 3 volumes fully translated, which is about twice more than PR have.

The third volume especially has some interesting revelations about Pink and we finally see a certain character I was dying to see since first reading the novels... though he turned about more of an ordinary hero archetype than I thought.

SolarAdept
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Aozaki Aoko
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down