Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eclipse Hunter Discussion

+9
Lynzanette
Grisia
Iris Irene
Blique
starcatcherls
kes137
Yuki
Aoi
noobzilla
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eclipse Hunter Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Eclipse Hunter Discussion

Post  kayue Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 am

Maybe Devon will have the game company install a 'brotherly love' option into the new game? Wink

I think maybe the reason EH isn't as popular as Yu Wo's other works is because there the story and main character aren't as well defined.

HP has the gender-bending ditz, Prince out to save the virtual world.

And LSK has the Machiavellian, money-grubbing, out to save-his-pension (and protect his friends) Sun.

By contrast, Dar is just over-powered and naive. (Despite my hopes, Devon isn't the MC). I love the brother-complex and comedy, but since this isn't BL, it isn't enough to drive the story.

I hope with the introduction of the Big-Bad-Guys, we'll get more story. Very Happy

kayue
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am

kayue wrote:Maybe Devon will have the game company install a 'brotherly love' option into the new game? Wink

I think maybe the reason EH isn't as popular as Yu Wo's other works is because there the story and main character aren't as well defined.

HP has the gender-bending ditz, Prince out to save the virtual world.

And LSK has the Machiavellian, money-grubbing, out to save-his-pension (and protect his friends) Sun.

By contrast, Dar is just over-powered and naive. (Despite my hopes, Devon isn't the MC). I love the brother-complex and comedy, but since this isn't BL, it isn't enough to drive the story.

I hope with the introduction of the Big-Bad-Guys, we'll get more story. Very Happy
I say the opposite. Eclipse Hunter seems uneventful on the surface, but the characters and plot are much deeper than her other stories. Prince is a simpleton...it's fun, but he really doesn't have much else that defines him. The plot concept is interesting, but there's not much happening other than "fight, fight, save people".

I agree that Legend of Sun Knight is good though. Sun is more developed, with an interesting and unusual split personality, and the plot is more of a maze than 1/2 Prince's straightforward line with a few twists. The only downside is that the story elements are unoriginal. Magic, dark creatures, RPG jobs and parties...It's good at first, because you can tell it's satire, but after the initial "haha, it's like they're in a game" reaction, it just keeps going and becomes a little tedious.

Eclipse Hunter isn't as eventful as HP or LSK because it's not an adventure novel. It's more of a sci-fi slice of life novel, really, with some action mixed in. There's more focus on character interaction, and you say it's not well-defined because you're not looking in the right places.

For example, Daren. He was born facing hatred from his father and indifference from his nanny. He was told that he was a demon who killed his own mother, and was forbidden to see the only person who cared about him, his brother. He may not always show it, but he thinks of himself as a bad person. And he is, in a way - he shows no remorse in killing his enemies - which deepens his character further. However, when his "bad person" actions unintentionally hurt someone close to him, he hates himself for it. When his Dark Sun side kills his father, Daren cries even though his emotional switch should be turned off. This is one of the moments where we can see just how strong these emotions are.

An example of depth in the plot: the theme of family. It's subtle at the moment, but take notice of the various familial terms and people. The father, the older brother, the younger brother, the mother, the "daddy" substitute. They all play an important role in character interactions, and it does all add up to something. It becomes more apparent as the story progresses, so pay attention and you'll be rewarded.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kayue Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Blique, I won't 'quote' you because the post would get too big Smile

But I do agree with you that HP did get a bit repetitive. Although I like the whole 'in game' genre and leveling up concept (hence my love for Moonlight Sculptor. It also helps that I like twisted main characters. Maybe that's why I prefer Devon over Dar?). Anyway I agree with you. But I am looking forward to HP's denoument.

And I'm love-loving' Sun in LSH. So sneaky, so greedy, so manipulative. But so caring of his 'family', in his own twisted way. It my currently my favorite light novel. With LMS my second, thay have similar MCs, come to think of it.

I'll trust you and wait for more from EH. Very Happy

kayue
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Makaidos Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:54 am

PPLLLEEAASSEEE continue to translate Eclipse Hunter!! I absolutely love it and I can't stop reading it. I began reading it about four years ago and waited a year with no updates!! I am still a loyal fan to Eclipse Hunter and I can wait because I know the translaters and the editors have a life and are as busy as I am, but don't forget me and all the other fans still waiting in anticipation for the next release!! bounce

Makaidos

Back to top Go down

Eclipse Hunter Discussion - Page 2 Empty Eclipse Hunter

Post  Sapphire Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:46 pm

FIGHTING!!!!!! ^.^

Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephitegirl Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:35 am

Are there no PDF files of this that I can download? I would like to be able to read it when away from the WiFi

Nephitegirl

Back to top Go down

Eclipse Hunter Discussion - Page 2 Empty Eclipse Hunter

Post  Makaidos Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:23 am

PLEASE PLEASE finish translating EH!! I love it!! Just 10 more chapters. I know it's a lot of work and i am willing to help with translations and stuff!! please!! i wanna know what happens!! Exclamation Crying or Very sad

Makaidos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2