Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games - What do you play?

+15
Yuki
Kardia
Deddinty
noobzilla
saintvalentine
Araceil
HappyPillz
Oishii
kirakira01
entezflare
rebwaters
kes137
DeimonPrince
Kiriyuu69
Jnee
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Games - What do you play? Empty Games - What do you play?

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I've recently gotten fired up about Persona 3 Portable and the awesome series again... So.. I have to ask, does anyone here play RPG Games?

And even more importamntly, any persona games by ATLUS?

I desperately need someone to whine to about Yukari's bitchiness :[
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Wicked (邪靈)
Class:
Race:

https://profile.facebook.com/jnchew

Back to top Go down

Games - What do you play? Empty Re: Games - What do you play?

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Lol >< unfortunately I am not a gamer...
this yukari person sounds like one of the worst shojo girls...
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Guiliastes (居)
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 pm

She's the jealous type of tsundere girl... ><

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Catherine now :3 If you're interested, here's the trailer link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA_Y-KL-QgI&feature=player_embedded << Latest trailer which reveals gameplay (4th)

The first one is probably the one that reveals more of the story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVOssrCTd8
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  DeimonPrince Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Hmm I dunno what you mean by what Games do you play.

I have been playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, COD blackops, Naruto Ninja storm 2 , uhhh Starwars Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2 ,
Ninja Gaiden, etc.. etc...
DeimonPrince
DeimonPrince
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Prince
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kes137 Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I dable into some games. For RPGs I played Runescape, Dragon Quest, Wizard 101, and tried World of Warcraft (though i got bored after 4 days).

For console games I play all Assassin's Creed games (I seriously love it so much!), Fable 2 & 3, Fairytale Fights (lame), Mortal Combat, Civilization Revolution, and Wii Resort.
kes137
kes137
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Fable is a good game, but the camera kinda makes my head spin (SO SAD) so I can't really play it for long hours. Even one hour really, I come out of it with a headache.

I haven't tried Assassin's Creed though I've heard sooo soo much about it. Sad Hope to try it one day, but I have a habit of wanting to play all the games in one series once I start one. And I'm kinda like, WHAT IF I CAN'T GET THIS ONE? oR THAT ONE?
Lol...

I play Suikoden series, Persona series, Dragon Age Origins, Final Fantasy Series and Magna Carta (just a few out of the RPG genre) O.O
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kes137 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

I've played some Final Fantasy games. But none of the really cool ones. I want to play the new one that just came out. Oh and I used to play Nintendo 64 games all the time! Mario, Mario Cart, Banjo & Kazooie, and so many other games. Wink

And I seriously recomend the Assassin's Creed series. The first one is a bit repeatative, but the next two are so cinematic and creative. I just beat the last one a few days ago and now I can't wait for the next one!
kes137
kes137
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  rebwaters Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Well I'm not a serious gamer, since I've never supported a console in it's golden days (aka atm I don't either own a Wii, a PS3 or a Xbox 360) but I've experienced games from all times and conditions since little. It's good to be an 80's kid xD

Of course I've played the old NES/Famicom games xD Like the Mario ones or those old racers or even a bit of Bomberman and The Legend of Zelda. I remember the old days with the SNES and games like Joe and Mac (Ninja Caveman [such an awesome game... me wanna play it again someday!]) or some F1 sim (Nigel Mansel) or again a Mario game. Of coursed moved onto N64 and played Mario, Mario Kart (I have the rom!), Bomberman, Banjoo Kazooie, one of the first few FIFA Soccer, and another F1 sim. Mario Party too! 007: Golden eye! Such an oldie and fabulous game!

Then when the PS came I played some more hardcore games like Resident Evil (Only missed RE:1 tho I own it atm), Flight Sims, other Racers and also Soccer sims. PS2 came with Madden and some other platform games.

And then came the Xbox saga and of course came with Halo and Forza Motorsport and again FIFA and since then I haven't stopped played FIFA soccer since then... Well I like it a lot. Me loves soccer after all ^^; and well the newest games I've ocassionally played is Guitar Hero and the expansions of Rock Band...

I personally love Platform/Puzzle solving games like RE but when it comes to a single series of games I gotta admit that I'm a Pokemon lover... Me loves Pokemon to no end... Since the first gen started with the Red and Blue versions I've played a game and got my own team for each Generation. Personally I'll play the series until they decide to stop... Tho the lastest gen new Pokemons aren't that good but hey... Maybe I can make a decent team... but I doubt it... Oh well whatever

Oh I've emulated tons of games and of course I've played FF series that way, I, II and III and I think IV too... And Advanced Wars and some other RPG's--- I rather love a bit too much RPG... and when it comes to original PC games.. or other PC based games... well.. I don't like them... prefer music over games... so no games for me xD

Signs,
Green

rebwaters
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Nan Gong Zui
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:33 pm

@Kes
You wanna play Final Fantasy 13, or the new online one that's in development (14)?
I'm not a fan of online games these days... Especially since they lack story and character development. But I tried 13... And seriously. It's kind of a big let down. I was so excited but I just couldn't get into the storyline.... You could only move forward 90% of the time... And the battles are really draggy so grinding is really bleghhhhh. The upside is, top notch graphics.

Hmm, strange to say I'm not a big fan of mario. I'm more a RPG person ;p Hehe I really gotta try Brotherhood once I get a PS3... So far my family (full of gamers: my bro, sis and I) has the PSone, GBA, 2 PS2s, XBOX360, Wii, Nintendo DS, and 2 PSPs.... >< My favorite console has to be the PS2... Cos it has like shit-tons of RPG games on it haha... I'm kinda aiming for a PS3 next... But the games are all so expensive. And the console itself is so expensive. I'll just wait for Catherine to release in the US to get that... Or Persona 5 or Suikoden VI... O_o Since FFXIII was such a disappointment, it kinda made me cool off on buying a PS3.

@Rebwaters

Again, Not really a mario fan, but my brother is, so the house still has mario games... Lol~ My ex bf used to play loads of racing games... Which makes sense.... He likes cars, studying automotive engineering = car games. O_O
I remember when My brother bought Resident evil for the purpose of "watching sis play" cos he was too scared of the zombies... I didn't play ofc, not a shooter fan... RPG fangirl o/

and OMG POKEMON!! <3 I love pokemon!! I never get tired of it. Even though so many versions have come out. And it somewhat promotes capturing little animals (or big) and subduing them to fight for you. Err... ANYWAYS...

I wanna play Pokemon BLACK/WIHTE!! O_O ZOMGZORS. Pie.

But seriously... go to bluelaguna.net and download some soundtracks. I'm telling you, game soundtracks rock. I listen to them day and night! XD It's like anime soundtracks but it feels so much more after you play the game.

Playing a good RPG game is like watching a good movie and reading a book... But you somehow experience it on a whole new level!! O_O
RPG GAMES FTW!!! Very Happy
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  entezflare Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Lets see, i'm currently playing vindictus, oblivion, world of goo, minecraft, and age of empires Razz

entezflare
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  kes137 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

@Jnee I was going to go with FF 13 mostly because I love the graphics. But honestly if I never get around to playing it, I wouldn't really care.

And I used to play pokemon all the time!! First generation was the best. I think I have the first ever pokemon game that came out for the gameboy. I play it whenever I'm bored. I think its Pokemon Yellow, but I'm not sure. The game cartrige (spelling?) is the same yellow as this Arrow and the game play is in pixel black and white (thats just because of the gameboy). I wonder where it is....
kes137
kes137
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 am

@entez: Out of all those I've not heard of Vindictus and oblivion... Any good? O_O I know a friend who's addicted to Minecraft though. Is it really addictive? lol

@Kes
True. I'd still play it for the graphix. Hehehe... I want FF13 Versus cos it has hot guys. Muahahaha. Always the bishies draw me in and make me stay.
It's "cartridge" btw, and the first pokemon I played... I think was Green or Red. Hahaha XD I think green cos it had a bulbasaur on the start page.
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  entezflare Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Minecraft is indeed addicting, and HOW HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF OBLIVION!?!?!?!?!?!!

entezflare
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:55 pm

entezflare wrote:Minecraft is indeed addicting, and HOW HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF OBLIVION!?!?!?!?!?!!

EEP!!
~googles~

Oblivion, the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series, is set within the province of Cyrodiil, the .... ooohh.. I've heard of the Elder Scrolls. Hehe XD

one of the games i WANNA try along with, the witcher 2.
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kirakira01 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 pm

games that i am currently obsessed with: dragon age: origins, borderlands, resident evil 5 (mad for the co-op), disgaea 3, and i feel like i'm missing something but don't know what.

i'm currently trying out vindictus but it's not calling out to me, and as for oblivion...

i've played morrowind extensively. spent a good part of my life on it. one day, while it was saving, the data got corrupted and i couldn't load it. i tried to start up again, but i thought of all the hours i spent punching a crab to level up my hand to hand combat, i just want to cry haha. so i've sworn off of elder scrolls since then.

but dragon age and borderlands are definitely two games i am very obsessed with that i will forever swear by. Smile
kirakira01
kirakira01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 pm

OMG I love Dragon Age: Origins too!! Very Happy Hey which character do you like most? and Hate most? O_O

I like Zevran and hate Anora. hehehehe...

I wrote a fanfic like halfway for DAO and abandoned it (kinda) haha~ Writers block. XD

THe borderlands trailer looked pretty cool O_o I didn't play it though. My ex did. There was a robot O_O
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kirakira01 Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 pm

i have a hate love relationship with alistair. i mean, i love him but...damn it all for the whole loghain thing. he literally broke my heart when he just...GRR! haha i had to compromise my beliefs and reload the damn game haha

besides him...i think i love all the characters. they were just developed so well.

i don't hate anora, i definitely can understand where she's coming from. why do you hate her specifically? i get the whole *itch thing though haha.

i also tried to write a fanfic for da:o. sadly, it never quite came to fruition because it was more difficult than i thought it would be to fully grasp the characters. when i tried to write alistair, i started getting mad at him.

and borderlands is hilarious! the artwork is different, but definitely grows on you. and the robot is called a claptrap. if you ever play and get to the rolling credits, they go [spoiler if you don't want to read...although i don't think it adds much to the current borderlands story] claptrap interplanetary ninja assassin! lol
kirakira01
kirakira01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:05 am

She just rubs me the wrong way, the way she just tries to manipulate everybody to get her own way. =.= Lol

Haha I like Alistair too but he's just a little bit too... goody goody for me. O_O hahaha XD
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kirakira01 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 am

i played as a rogue, and i guess yes, anora manipulated things to get what she wants, but in the end, i kind of back stabbed her with false promises and became queen ...haha... yes...so eh. she didn't bother me so much there.
kirakira01
kirakira01

Back to top Go down

Post  Oishii Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm an RPG person as well. I have a hard time playing mmo's online since my internet isn't that reliable. The last one I played was Aika Online and it was pretty fun, but invaded with bots like every other game >.>

On console, I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan. Birth by Sleep just came out and it is easily the best game in the series. Right now I'm playing FF13 and it's okay >.> I've never played any FF games so I don't really see why there's such a hype outside the graphics. On my DS I'm playing Rune Factory 3 ^^ It's a Harvest Moon RPG. I've played Harvest Moon and its ok, but Rune Factory is better since it has more of a storyline and more to do. Right now I'm trying to get all the girls to fall in love with me so, when I marry, I want to see how many girls I can piss off or make cry XD This is probably why God didn't make me I guy lol
Oishii
Oishii
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 pm

OMG Oishii! You are so totally like me O_O I've never played any Rune Factory games but I played Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, Boy and Girl (PSP), Save the Hometown, Magical Melody, Another Wonderful Life and... the spinoff Innocent Life. I think there were more, but I can't remember.

I always get all the girls to Red and save before marrying any to see how the others react. ~Muahaahah~ Besides, I have to see all the heart events! <3 They're fun to watch.

I havent tried Aika Online but I have played alot of MMOs in my day... (I'm 19, so my day means since I was about 15)
I played MapleStory the most (about 3 years on and off)
PuzzlePirates (as a 12 year old)
Trickster ONline (Couldn't stand it after awhile)
Granado Espada (OMG HOT BISHIES but bots and macros... and 3D graphics lag my laptop) I need a gaming PC. dammit.
Tibia (Some lame german MMO)
Pet Forest (Browser game , kinda like GAIA Online)
O2Jam.... (not an RPG, so asian T_T. kinda like... i guess you could compare it to guitar hero?)
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyPillz Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 am

i too have played a lot of harvest moon games.. infact i'm playing animal parade right now xD but never rune factory ... i want to tho :O i have been researching them lately and they actually seem quite interesting.

I really enjoy RPG games.. probably spent a good chunk of my life playing them..

i'm currently trying to find an MMOrpg that i like and feel comfortable with..

i might go back to FFXI..
Currently playing Runes of magic.... a few days in and i want something better...
I finally played SUN after 6 years of waiting and it was kind of a disappointment : /
Just registered to play beta in Atlus's Pandora Saga.. will play it sometime in the next 2 days
Mabinogi was fun but i don't feel like going back to it when i feel there could be something better
Sam deal with perfect world
FFXIIII caught my interest but with the current bugs and such i'm going to wait on it
i got sick of Runescape years ago.. once upon a time it was all i could play on the connection i had

zOMG.. -__- I wanted to kick Lanzer in the head.. they butchered their own mmorpg idea D: i hung around for all those years and they end up just slapping a cheap game up instead of the Gaia they them selves dreamed of, promised us from day one and worked towards D:

There is a hole in my soul where an mmo should go...

I NEED TO FIND A MMO! ;_________________;

*edit*
Oh yeah i tried WoW.. couldn't stand it.. which made me feel bad.. one of my best friends spends her life on WoW and had been looking forward to me playing it with her pale

HappyPillz
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:59 pm

WoW destroys lives. LOL that's why I'll never play it. That, and it's costly to maintain.

And, these days I don't really play online games cos they're too time-consuming or, that they demand alot of time input.
If not for those restraints, I probably would have been playing Granado Espada and/or Final Fantasy 11 or 14. But I find final fantasy starting to get... worse?? cos they're focusing so much on graphics... everything else just kinda goes down the drain. For me, I guess.

Mmm I'm gonna check out Pandora Saga O_O
Wonder if it's free for play~ haha

And I think I might dig out some rune factory games when I go back to Malaysia to try.. hehe
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyPillz Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Pandora saga is free to play, runs and looks great even with a standard stock graphics card.. im runing on a 7mbps connection with a 5mb upload speed.. which is good but not great but i experienced no lag.. which is strange because there is only one server so far for everyone to play on.. it was rather fun and there are some cute races, the class system is pretty cool.. i have never seen it before.. you pick between a warrior, scout, mage, acolyte.. and each one of those classes work their way into other classes.. lets say you start as a scout, you can eventually work your way up to either an archer or provacateur an from each of those you have yet another set of options to go onto. the only thing i don't like about it is the battle system and the macro thingy.

*Edit*

@Jnee
When you mentioned not being all that into MMORPGs due to lack of character development it reminded me of the original MMOs from the mid and late 90's where the point of playing online with others was for there to be a set story that you discover by playing and being part of but instead of their being a main character there were 20, 50, a hundred, hundreds or thousands of characters all created and controlled by real people...

The early MMOs were usually set up so each character could have a profile of some sort, a background, a history.. what ever you want to call it. and they very much encouraged chatbased role playing to develop your characters, relationships, and so on.

RP Character development is still very much the point of most MMORPGs but sadly gets lost among the masses of greedy elitists who don't understand RPing... you just have to play with the right people.. which is hard to do because they can be hard to find.

As for story Development.. That is the MAIN point of MMORPGs or at least most of them.. but you have to do quests in order to be part of it/unfold it... some MMOs tend to leave out late to the game players by changing the entire game based on how far into the story early players are... like WoW...

HappyPillz
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Araceil Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 am

I'm a Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, and the .hack// games fan ^^
I also play a MMORPG that's called Perfect World.
Tried to play God of War, but gave up ^^

Araceil
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Araceil
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next