Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What mmorpg do you play?

+12
Zarule
Calan
TFS
BlackHorus
evertosword
AshStone
kes137
Yuki
Minahim
Shiva
noobzilla
asunigmas
16 posters

Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty What mmorpg do you play?

Post  asunigmas Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I play perfect world international and Last Dynesty.
asunigmas
asunigmas
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: The Tsar
Class: Ruler
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty Re: What mmorpg do you play?

Post  noobzilla Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 pm

World of Warcraft. Well i don't play anymore. Stopped after killing Illidan and getting my tier 6. Woah that was ages ago. Anyway wow eats your life.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:10 am

Long, long ago~
I played Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO) on the european server. It was really a nice game (thought very addicting too..).
Shiva
Shiva
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Creus Sun
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Minahim Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:18 pm

I play perfect world international too +_+
And I'm in the beta for rusty hearts, but not sure I'm going to seriously play that.
Nothing else ^_^
Minahim
Minahim

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm

I play MapleStory (even though I suck at it). I used to play Seal Online and Ragnarok Online. Actually, I played a lot but I got bored so I quit. Nowadays, I'm playing online games like S4 League! Its actually quite fun if you try it.
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Snow
Class: Magical Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  kes137 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:18 pm

I play lame mmo's. I played Fusion Fall and Wizard 101. I played WoW for a bit but got bored. When I was younger I played Runescape a lot, but my boyfriend recently talked me into starting over on there. So I don't really play mmo's a lot, but they're fun Smile
kes137
kes137
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  AshStone Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I play Eden Eternal, Maple Story, Zenonia, and Chroisen (for now, that is.)
I used to play Fiesta Online and a ton of other MMORPGs that I can't remember the name to, and almost started Dungeons and Dragons Online but decided not to cause I hated how the avatars looked... haha Wink
AshStone
AshStone

Character sheet
Name: AshStone
Class: Assassin
Race: Hmm... i wonder *evil chuckle*

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Yuki wrote:I play MapleStory (even though I suck at it). I used to play Seal Online and Ragnarok Online. Actually, I played a lot but I got bored so I quit. Nowadays, I'm playing online games like S4 League! Its actually quite fun if you try it.

Lol you can't suck at games like MapleStory. Although you can suck at the jumping quests in maplestory. God they are really annoying!

Either you don't have time, or money in maplestory but there is no skill in it.

On the otherhand you can suck at Lunia. It's a 2d/psuedo-3d game.
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackHorus Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm playing Perfect World International, but I'm getting bored of it now... I heard of a game called Mabinogi and thought it would be another failure of Nexon, but it sounds something like Royal Road from Moonlight Sculptor. It is mmorpg, but it has other jobs like cook, musician, tailor, etc. O.o I wonder what it is like.

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty Mabinogi

Post  TFS Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 pm

I wouldn't really call them jobs, because it's really only a skill.

There are 4 main categories of skills, Combat, life, magic, and Alchemy. Though there are transformation skills too, allowing one to be a paladin, Demigod, Dark knight, Falcon Elf, or Savage beast.

You don't get Stat points to distribute, stats are scaled based on your current level and the skills you have (skills contribute to stats like in LMS)
Skills usually rank based on how much you use them, but some, like music theory only require you to read books. Ranks go Novice-F-E-D-C-B-A-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-Master. Though 1 and master give the same stats, the master rank gives a title for increased stats, as long as the title is equipped.

That being said, Life/craft skills are crazy difficult for me, personally to rank. I've been playing this for three years and I'm still only at r6 refine >.> blacksmith F etc.

One can have as many skills as you want, but there are long quests for some of the harder ones, like arrow revolver, Final hit, or thunder.

Also, it requires AP to rank skills. AP comes from levelling or quests. Right now I want to rank thunder to rank 1, but it costs 52 AP (52 level-ups) and i just don't want to anymore. (The AP goes into other skills)

Oh, and you're allowed to rebirth, resetting your current level to 1 and adding it to your total level. The highest level player on my server, Ruairi is H111. He hit total level 10,000 in June. here's his youtube channel
Spoiler:

I just hit level 1000 a couple of days ago >.>

TFS

Character sheet
Name: Regret
Class: Enchanter
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Calan Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Mabinogi gets lame after a while. But Nexon's other game, Vindictus, is one of the coolest ever. They have a combat system unlike any other and best yet...it's also free.

I don't play any MMOs any more because of college and my laptops always crashing, but I will give my top picks:

Class System: Eden Eternal. Not only can you switch between classes, but you can use any ranged/melee/magic etc weapon within its class tree. This way if your gun goes away you can still use a bow and the "signature ranged" skills. The best part is that this system doesn't ruin other gameplay and you get benefits for leveling multiple classes.

Fighting: Vindictus. If your blade is even an inch from the enemy, it won't hit the enemy. The "Physics" of the game is amazing - extremely precise, fun, and challenging.

Screenshots: Vindictus. If you're fighting a monster, your facial expression changes and it looks as if you're actually in real-life battle. Every time you hit your enemy it responds in agony and proper amounts of blood per attack are released in the areas of the body hit. Basically Vindictus is so accurate it deserves two tops.

Visuals: ARGO Online. Screenshots is separate solely because of the details listed above. However, Vindictus does not have much out-of-dungeon terrain and though you can "deform" any object in that game, it is overall not aimed at colorful arrays and intricate designs. Thus we move to the game that does - ARGO Online. As a Floresslah only, I saw so many beautiful things. The sky was of a gorgeous colorful mist with many planets or moons above, each beautiful scene easily moved into another breathtaking scene. The best part is the looks of the character - the Floresslah are Elves more beautiful than Elves. That's their appearance. You can make them look like magical beings based on how you change appearance. Though there is little customization, no matter what you get your character will be breathtakingly gorgeous.

Originality: Earth Eternal. It's a furry MMO, but it's not filled with ponies and pokeballs. This thing is filled with war. It's a doomed planet about to be doomed again. Humans have been obliterated and now animals have evolved. Every quest and experience is original and fun. The only problem is that when they redid the game (I played it before this), they changed many things. One of them includes facebook login which sucks, and I have no idea what else is in store. Still, I know it will stay a great game.

Leveling: Tie: Runescape and Mabinogi. Mabinogi, despite its ability to "get old" is actually an amazing game. If there weren't so many "cliches" in it it would have gotten Originality. Bright Shadow copied it in many ways, especially the introduction area. In the post above the system is explained. The leveling and exp systems are so unique and worthwhile that IF YOU DO IT RIGHT then you'll like it. But as I said before, it's cliche and gets boring. Even that H111 guy admitted it being boring at times. But there is one specific reason why even its "unique" skill system is kind of cliche:

RUNESCAPE IS THE GRANDFATHER OF ALL MMOs!!! And its father was LOTR. Runescape's skill system is amazing and is even mixed in with quests, however it has a major flaw!!! Those skills themselves are not directly connected. This is where Mabinogi is amazing. However, they tie only because they each have so many factors that match one another in rating.

Overall: Eden Eternal. Sorry LOTRO fanboys, but though I loved the game until level 20 that's where it ended. Eden Eternal is the one game I can be addicted to and not quit, period. I did because of college and crashing, but that's all. No boredom whatsoever.

Special Mention: Atlantica. Would have gotten Originality but for the fact that the storyline starts to waver from its intended path. Otherwise it would have won because of the story's originality. The mercenary system is great here and even inspired the fun-yet-hard-without-wikia-and-forums Granado Espada which is another great game. Though turn-based, Atlantica is a true MMO and is great for people that liked old-school RPGs mixed with our own world's History and Myths mixed with CHAINSAWS. Legendary.
Calan
Calan
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Calan Highwind [mostly called "Wanderer"]
Class: Varies
Race: Demon [like Gui], Elf, or Human

Back to top Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty what mmorpg do you play

Post  Zarule Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:02 am

Thank you Calan for that awesome review O.O

i only played two online games so far: "Florensia", it's cute ^^ and "ARGO" - still playing it at a leisurely pace. Calan is right about the visual part, i love Alpineale's "skyscape" like crazy =)
i can't sympathize with dedicated gamers nor am i too fond of pvp. i guess, it's because i am totally engrossed in the possibilites that 2nd Life and Royal Road hold. as long as i don't feel it's real enough how my enemy trys to slash through me i just don't develop any fighting spirit. that's why being an adventurer suits me best for the time being Wink

how do you guys think about pvp? can someone maybe tell me, what i lack to enjoy pvp as it is a solid part of mmorpg?

greetz, ^^v

Zarule

Character sheet
Name: Zareset
Class: dark chastiser
Race: elfish cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  LennyThynn Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

forgive me for bumping a probably long dead thread

I play Grand Fantasia. Just recently started up with Eden Eternal:) I also used to play Shaiya.
The main reason why I started Grand Fantasia was because I wanted to be a Necromancer (talk about stupid reasons *cough*I started Eden Eternal because I wanted to be a bard*cough*) but I actually really enjoy the game. The sprites are uber cute, and it has so many quests that there's next to no chance you'll get stuck pointlessly grinding (which was the most irritating thing in Shaiya; after you level up to around 25+ there are hardly any quests, and you end up spending all your time grinding. Which can be alright with parties, but I tend to solo a lot...). The one fault I have with it is that you can't distribute your stats yourself, so each character of the same level and class only differentiate in stats by the armour/accessories/etc. they wear.

Ah, and if anyone else plays those games, my main character's name on all three is Sulimo.

LennyThynn
LennyThynn

Character sheet
Name: Sulimo
Class: Necromancer

http://lennythynn.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tear Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 am

Ahhh... This just makes me cry all over again~

I'm rather addicted to WoW, (oh, cunning Rogue of Horde fame, how I adore your stealth), and yet- My poor, sweet, faithful laptop is has finally reached the point where it is a mere generation shy of running the Mists beta. ;-; MY SWEET PANDAS, I WEEP FOR THEE, for though you are created and sitting so obediently... I am unable to take you back to your world~

...At least, for another four months. Then- Then! I shall have the money to purchase a new laptop and give this dear machine the iTunes and Recipe Book retirement that I know it craves. Sadly, I fear my pandas will have been far outshined at that point. (Plus I'll miss all those delicious World and Server Firsts~ ;-; )
Tear
Tear

Character sheet
Name: Hong Xian
Class: Assassin
Race: Blood Elf

Back to top Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty A lot! For awhile..

Post  Cú Chulainn Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm

I actually made it a ridiculous goal at some point to download as many free MMORPGs as possible and check them all out until I could be truly satisfied with playing one on my own. Out of the freebies, the two best ones I found was MegaTen and Vindictus, honestly! I highly recommend them for their gameplay! But these are the two games I had the most fun soloing, of course, honestly I didn't really have much fun playing with others in either of these games because the leveling was unsteady in MegaTen and it lagged too much if you partied with someone who wasn't in the local IRL area in Vindictus. I live in USA Alaska and my best friend lives in Australia Sydney, that didn't work well!

When Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 comes out, I plan to rejoin that again with my best friend as the B-Brothers! I highly look forward to it, even though the game wasn't as well finished as it is now when we started playing it, it was still a beautiful and really fun game, and great for roleplaying. Also, no cash shop! But you have to pay monthly, of course.
I also played Final Fantasy XI with that same friend for several years. Mostly just us goofing off, I regret nothing of it! I guess it's a nostalgic thing at this point. I'll never leave these games' sides!

I've thought of joining another MMORPG to solo in my spare time while my friend was away, or maybe try and meet some new friends to play with.. But my social skills are real awful, and I seem to have a habit of ditching my computer to spend time with my mom at random moments since I don't get to see her much nowadays. weep.

There's my two cents, or should I say 500 cents?! Sorry for so much to say! I'm rather sleep deprived. (laughes)
Cú Chulainn
Cú Chulainn

Back to top Go down

What mmorpg do you play? Empty Once Upon A Time.....

Post  Caphalor Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:45 am

Last Dynasty, Perfect world, Battle of Immortals, Jade Dynasty. bounce bounce bounce
Caphalor
Caphalor

Character sheet
Name: Basara14
Class: Phychologist
Race: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down