Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile?

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile?

Post  kittyyapwj Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am

Hello. Thank you for your hard work fir the translation. However, I want to read it on my smartphone. How do I get to access the site and enable it to translate from Korean to English using mobile?

kittyyapwj

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty Re: Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile?

Post  Doonge Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:54 am

1°) click on the menu button of your phone while using google chrome app.
2°) click on the star top-right on the Chrome menu that appeared following step 1, so you make a bookmark out of the current website
3°) On the same menu, click on "favorites", which will give you the list of bookmarks and allow you to edit them
4°) click on the bookmark you whish to edit (the one made in step 2), and maintain pressure so instead of opening the bookmark, a menu appears.
5°) Select "edit bookmark" in the menu appeared at step 4.
6°) Give it a name starting with a dot "." or a "@" then a recognizable name. for instance ".overtooning" (without the quotes).
7°) in the URL input, fill with GREAT application the following FULL CODE

javascript:(function(){var s=document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';s.src='http://otoon-api.bumblebits.net/overtooning.js';document.body.appendChild(s);})();

8°) Save the changes

Now you should have a fully operational bookmark.

9°) Browse naver, and in the address bar type ".over" (without the quotes) and check the autocomplete list. You should see the bookmark ".overtooning" appearing in the list (with a star next to its name, and the weird code following). Select it, and the magic should do its work.

Last edited by Doonge on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty Re: Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile?

Post  kittyyapwj Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:47 am

I don't quite understand step 9 though. How do I browse Naver? And I don't get it regarding the autocomplete list.

kittyyapwj

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 am

Ok,

9°) While using Google Chrome app (which is a web browser), type "comic.naver.com" in the address bar (which is naver website), and press enter to start browsing Naver. It is very likely that the URL will be changed naturally into "m.comic.naver.com" (naver website optimized for mobile browsing). Anyway, you can surf on Naver like you'd surf on any website. When you are on a webpage you'd like translated on naver, you need to call the bookmark. To do that, type its name in the address bar, and your should see the bookmark name appear as suggestion. Click on the bookmark suggestion. You can also click on any chapter link given here http://www.oddsquad.org/p/cheese-in-trap.html (if you wanna read cheese), then maybe modify the address into "m.comic..." (add a "m.") to have the mobile optimized version. And then do the bookmark thing.

Best regards ^^

Tell me if/when it works for you ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  kittyyapwj Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Thank you so much ^^ It works perfectly for me now ❤ Thank you for transn

kittyyapwj

Back to top Go down

Post  Aga Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 am

Thank you very, very much it was quite helpful for me too.

To translators I LOVE YOU! X cheers

Aga

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 am

Uh oh...

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Youre-a-handsome-man

^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bxyn Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello

Im trying to read cheese in the trap from my phone but the texts are blurred, its impossible to read, atm im trying to read season 1 chapter 19 but its blurred Sad

Bxyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm not yet sure what you mean by that but make sure you read cheese on your mobile phone using Naver's mobile-optimized website (m.comic.naver.com). It's automatically redirected to the mobile optimized website when they detect it, but I'm not sure.
Also, maybe try to read in panorama mode (hold your phone horizontally)?

I don't exactly know what you mean by "blur", you mean it's too tiny?

Last edited by Doonge on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bxyn Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 am

The texts arent clear to be able to read, i mean very low quality images

Bxyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty Troubles with ipads

Post  Jessica1229 Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 am

Hello I tried all the steps for the mobile device on my ipad and it translates the chapters at the bottom and the summary at the top but the whole webtoon part just disappears and it all becomes white, is there a way to fix that?

Jessica1229

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty blurred images

Post  nuu Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:58 am

Hello!

I had the same problem of blurry text when I tried to read it on my cellphone(iphone) too! The original hangul text would be clear but when I clicked the translate thingy the english text and images would look very blurry/low res and almost unlegible.

The solution I found for it was if you switch to the desktop version (by clicking on the desktop vers. link at the bottom of the naver mobile page) and then click the translate function, it'll be clear. Otherwise it'll appear blurry if you try to read it in the default mobile version.

I hope that helps! ^^

nuu

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty I've tried it, but...

Post  bianca luna Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello,all! Personally I've tried the instructions of how to read cheese in the trap on mobile (tablet),and it worked just fine at first on google chrome,but not long after that the "aw snap" notification always appeared so I have to reload over and over again.. It's so frustrating because I wanna read it with no problem just like when I use the laptop.. Am I missing some settings or anything? Thank you for your attention Smile

bianca luna

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:40 am

Hello,

yeah apparently I need to optimize the code for mobile viewing (webtoons are very long, so I need to add memory tricks).

Unfortunately, releasing Cheese in the first place is more urgent than fixing mobile viewing, so it will be done later =( sorry

We try to have some surprise for the new year ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty thank you for your reply!

Post  bianca luna Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Hahaa I can't wait for the new year surprise.. Oh and there's another thing I forgot to ask, about the plugin for chrome and Firefox, it is said that when the link opened a pop-up message will appear so all we have to do is click it to install,but in my case the message never showed up whether I use chrome or Firefox.. Can you please explain why? Sorry for troubling you so much, and thanks before!

bianca luna

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty HELP

Post  queen Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:38 pm

the link doesn't work on my phone, why?

queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:06 am

Which link?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lalalyza Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Hey!I'm also reading cheese in the trap on mobile. I followed all your instructions and Im really glad I could read it. But the problem is, In chapter 57+ the bookmark doesnt work anymore. I visited your site and it says that the bookmark has been updated. So I click the link and refresh it and i cant still read it. I'm just wondering if you could give instructions like what you did on sept. 2014. Its really easy to follow. I really love cheese in the trap and I'm really thankful for your translations. Really really really thankful! I'll be waiting for your response. Thanks :-) and sorry for troubling you.

Lalalyza

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty sorry

Post  queen Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:26 am

i was too dumb to realize that i have to copy the and paste it on the url.. thank you for replying i'm actually reading it but then the translations stop on chapter 37 season 3 also tried it on both safari and google and it still doesn't work.. can you help me?

queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 am

There's currently a bandwith limit problem, so that might be problem Lalalyza (please post again if the problem persists).

queen, we didn't translate yet after season 3 chapter 37 (well, 38 actually ^^), that's why it doesn't work from that point =p.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lalalyza Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 am

Okay. Thank you so much for replying :-)

Lalalyza

Back to top Go down

Post  queen Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 pm

i'm so stupid i meant chapter 10 season 3 anyway i've clicked on the link again today and it works sorry for the trouble and your translations are very much appreciated, thank you for your hard work PS i'm so excited for the live action of this webtoon!

queen

Back to top Go down

Reading 'Cheese In A Trap' On Mobile? Empty I dunno how

Post  JaeJino Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 am

I've tried to copy paste the javascript on my mobile chrome but nothing happened, so I can't bookmarked the script. I've tried manually (open the toon I want to read then paste the script on the url) but still didn't works..
It did works to bookmark with OPM but nothing happened when I've tried to read the toon..
*sorry for my ad english, hope someone understand and can help me

JaeJino

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Fri May 29, 2015 5:47 am

Hello JaeJino,

I'm not sure it works if you just copy/paste the code in the URL bar, for chrome mobile you need it to be a bookmark.

Create a random bookmark on any website (for instance bookmark the page you want translated). Then find out how you can edit your Chrome bookmark. Once you know how to edit a bookmark, just edit it and put the code in place of the URL.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  JaeJino Sun May 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Thanks Doonge for reply

I'd bookmarked it, follow an instruction but still didn't works.

JaeJino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next