Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please read.

3 posters

Go down

Please read. Empty Please read.

Post  Hwang Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 am

I've been waiting for an update on PH for 5 months now. I did myself an injustice reading LSK which hasn't been updated for 8 months. I understand that the staff of this group have lives too. And it's voluntary work. If you are going to volunteer to do something, atleast do it to the best of your ability and not have anxious fans waiting for more than half a year until they forget what happened in the last chapter. Surely, you guys must know the feeling too.

Waiting a week for mainstream manga is suffering already, muchless waiting for half a year. Well lesson learned Smile
I've experienced this too many times with mangas I love. Amatsuki was the best manga I ever read. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat. And I would willingly wait for the translaters to ease that discomfort. But after waiting months upon months, I began to forget most of the manga. Likewise, 1/2 Prince and LSK.

I know this is unrelated to OSS but, recently I started reading a really good manga. I was careless and forgot to check the last time it was updated. I was eager to read the next chapter, but to my dismay, the last update was 4 years ago. This encouraged me to make this post. I was forced to erase all of that manga from my memory, and I hope the same doesn't happen to HP and LSK.

I beg you OSS.
Please update 1/2 Prince and the Legend of The Sun Knight.

Kamasahmnida.

~황정음

Hwang
Hwang

Back to top Go down

Please read. Empty Re: Please read.

Post  Blique Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:20 pm

Well then join OSS. .-. If you want to get the next chapters that badly, then shouldn't you have already volunteered your efforts? We have plenty of jobs open and are very much in need of more people.

The thing is, the people in OSS not only have lives, but have lives that are taking over all of their free time. So it's not that they prefer to spend more time playing video games than scanlating, it's that they need to spend more time working on their senior thesis or new full-time job so that they can actually have a life.

You should notice that pretty much all of your post is about you. How you're waiting, how you're suffering, how you're complaining. Well then, the next step is for "you" to go learn how to typeset or clean and then apply for a job here. Wouldn't that solve the whole problem of getting more releases? Or do you find that to be too much trouble, and prefer others do the work while you spend your time reading manga and complaining about them?
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Hwang Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Of course this post is all about me. Who should I talk about? Steve Harvey?

Anyways that aside, I would volunteer myself to help but I lack the talent to do any of that stuff. My English is bad, I can't even understand how people read Chinese, and then the only typesetting/cleaning I can do is drawing little stickmen on MS Paint. Do you honestly want some whose only redeeming feature is drawing stickmen and reading/writing Engrish like it's some alien language? Sure, I can spend 4 years looking for someone to teach me how to spell English and another 4 years actually learning the language. After that, I'll totally ask Master Zhuang to teach me how to typeset and clean.

It's all well and good. After that, my grandchildren might be able to read and enjoy 1/2 Prince. Then I'll boast and tell them grandpa just took 8+ years making sure you'll be able to read that chapter. Don't expect the next ones since I can't clean/typeset in my grave. But then again, it's grandpa Hwang. I can dance and sing like BoA all the way to my grave.

Thesis you say? Unfortunately, a grandpa like me suffering from ED is much too old to know what that was. But me, being me, I'll wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Heck, take another 5 months. Even though old age is quickly creeping on me to the point where my feet can only stand on its own for no more than 5 seconds, I can wait.

I bid you adieu~
Hwang
Hwang

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 am

No I refuse to read. First rule of OSS, don't ask for releases. Topic locked.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content