Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler)

+6
mgibbs
CrimsonDisc
Naeko
BlackHorus
Sono
Khlael
10 posters

Go down

Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler) Empty Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler)

Post  Khlael Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Hello,
I read LMS and when Weed is nicknamed "the dexterous" because of the master level of handicraft skills, it is said that he has access to all related craft skills. I just wonder what kind of craft skill he acquires. Here is the list of what I remember :

- sculpture
- repair
- cook
- fish
- tailor
- blackswith

There should be other like paint or dance... Can you tell me ??
Khlael
Khlael

Back to top Go down

Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler) Empty At least 1 more

Post  Sono Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 am

At the very least he also has singing, although he only uses it in shouts, because hes so bad at it that npcs actually start to hate him when he sings.
Sono
Sono

Back to top Go down

Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler) Empty Re: Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler)

Post  BlackHorus Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 pm

he can play harp he got from treasure hunting, but I don't think that's really a crafting skill...

and I don't think he mastered handicraft skill yet... I'm pretty sure he'll eventually do so, but not just yet...

BlackHorus
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: BlackHorus
Class: Luminous XD
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler) Empty Re: Weed's craft related skills (possible spoiler)

Post  Naeko Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 pm

In chapter 5, the rules for playing the game state that a character can have a MAXIMUM of 15 stat slots. So, Weed will eventually run out of room and be unable to use additional skills if they require a stat that he cannot have. I don't recall any limit on the maximum number of skills he may have though. But in all the MMORPG I've ever seen, there are limits on the number of skills one can get, so I would expect this game to be that way too.

*UPDATE*
Vol.01 chapter07 indicates that the max number of skills a classless char can have is ten. Still no knowledge of the max number of skills a classed char can have....

Last edited by Naeko on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update to indicate max number of skills is TEN for classless chars)
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker
Race: Human

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CrimsonDisc Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm

It's to my understanding that the number of possible skill slots must be very high or unlimited, otherwise Weed would have cursed the addition of something minimal like cooking (albeit claims of its usefulness). After all, Weed was pretty annoyed when he first gained the Art stat.
CrimsonDisc
CrimsonDisc

Back to top Go down

Post  mgibbs Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:01 pm

When weed converts to the L Moonlight Sculptor (LMS) class the information about the merits and restrictions of the class indicate he can learn all craft skills to the rank of master. Craft skills can't be progressed to second stage unless you either convert to a class related to that craft or are a hidden class like LMS which gives a free pass. Whats the point of learning a craft if you can't progress to master level and are stuck with second rate products. The repair skill like the cooking skill would be usefull to every character especially if they were in remote areas. 15 stats should be more than enought for any character as generally stats aren't needed for skills to work but stats like the art stat can boost the effect of a skill.

mgibbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Khlael Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:58 pm

I think it's the stat slots (art, stamina...) that are limited (10 without class and 15 with class). I don't remember having a limit for the skill slots (cooking, fishing...).
That's why Weed was pissed for the art stat at the beginning.
Khlael
Khlael

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeko Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 am

List of some of the skills Weed obtained and in the order they were obtained.

Vol.01 Ch.02 Sword Mastery *Started* level 3
Vol.01 Ch.03 Sculpting *Started*
Vol.01 Ch.03 Repair *Started*
Vol.01 Ch.03 Handicraft *Started*
Vol.01 Ch.04 Sculpting Blade (aka
Engraving Knife Technique)
*Started* level 1
Vol.01 Ch.04 Sword Mastery level 5
Vol.01 Ch.04 Item Identification *Started* level 1
Vol.01 Ch.04 Sculpting level 1
Vol.01 Ch.04 Repair level 1
Vol.01 Ch.04 Handicraft level 1
Vol.01 Ch.05 Sculpture Mastery level 2
Vol.01 Ch.05 Handicraft level 3
Vol.01 Ch.06 Sculpting level 4
Vol.01 Ch.06 Handicraft level 6
Vol.01 Ch.06 Cooking *Started*
Vol.01 Ch.07 Cooking level 4
Vol.01 Ch.07 Handicraft level 7
Vol.01 Ch.07 Archery *Started* level 1+
Vol.01 Ch.07 First Aid (aka Bandage) *Started*
Vol.01 Ch.07 Repair level 3
Vol.01 Ch.08 Cooking level 6
Vol.01 Ch.08 Repair level 4
Vol.01 Ch.08 Bandage level 4
Vol.01 Ch.08 Imperial Formless
Sword Technique
*Started*
Vol.01 Ch.09 Sculpting level 5
Vol.01 Ch.09 Handicraft
Intermediate Handicraft
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.02 Ch.13 Sculpting level 9
Vol.02 Ch.15 ability to equip all
class-specific gears
*special*
Vol.02 Ch.15 ability to learn craft-related
skills without prereqs
*special*
Vol.02 Ch.15 ability to learn each classes'
crafting skills to master level
*special*
Vol.02 Ch.15 Cooking level 8
Vol.02 Ch.15 Repair level 7
Vol.02 Ch.15 Sword Mastery level 8
Vol.02 Ch.15 Archery level 5
Vol.02 Ch.15 Sculpting Blade level 7
Vol.02 Ch.15 First Aid level 7
Vol.02 Ch.15 Item Identification level 5
Vol.02 Ch.16 Sculpting
Intermediate Sculpting
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.02 Ch.16 Power Break *Started*
Vol.02 Ch.16 Sculpture Destruction No Level
Vol.02 Ch.17 Cooking
Intermediate Cooking
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.02 Ch.17 Intermediate Sculpting level 2
Vol.02 Ch.18 Repair level 8
Vol.03 Ch.01* Intermediate Handicraft level 4
Vol.03 Ch.01* Lion's Roar level 1
Vol.03 Ch.01* Intermediate Sculpting level 3
Vol.03 Ch.xx* Herbal Medicine unknown level
Vol.03 Ch.xx* Herb Gathering unknown level
Vol.04 Ch.02 Blacksmith *Started* level 6
Vol.04 Ch.02 Intermediate Handicraft level 8
Vol.04 Ch.02* Tailoring: Sewing *Started* level 9
Vol.04 Ch.03* Blacksmith
Intermediate Blacksmith
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.04 Ch.03* Sword Grind/Sharpen *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.03* Polish Armor *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.03* Tailoring: Sewing
Intermediate Sewing
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.04 Ch.03* Ironing *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.03* Handwashing *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.04* Fishing
Intermediate Fishing
*Started* level 10 *MAXED*
*Started*
Vol.04 Ch.05* Movement: Quadruped Run *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.05* Sculpture Shapeshifting *Started*
Vol.04 Ch.05* Sculpture Comprehension *Started* level 4
Vol.04 Ch.05* Intermediate Sculpting level 8
Vol.04 Ch.07* Intermediate Sword Sharpening level 4 - need to find when it leveled up to intermediate
Vol.04 Ch.07* Intermediate First Aid level 9 - need to find when it leveled up to intermediate
Vol.05 Ch.02* Intermediate Cooking [/color] level 4
Vol.05 Ch.02* Intermediate Sculpting level 9
Vol.05 Ch.02* Intermediate Handicraft
Advanced Handicraft
level 10 *MAXED*
*Started* level 1
Vol.05 Ch.02* Psionic: Telekinesis *Started*
Vol.11 Ch.07 Painting *Started*
Vol.11 Ch.07 Illustration *Started* level 2

Notes:
1. The translations seem to use both "Bandage" and "First Aid" without consistent level info given. Thus, I will combine them together as "First Aid" until otherwise shown they are separate skills with level progressions.
2. Chapter 15: While not a specific skill, he gained ability to unlimited equip class-specific items which means he can equip staves which are limited to the wizard class, etc. Since this is a "it's fun to be an anti-hero plot", the story doesn't describe the huge number of money-paying players incensed at seeing a player priest char wielding bladed weapons and using wizard-class-only crafting skills to craft magical items and then switching to orc necromancer wielding a magical stave that is shaped, flanged, and headed like a pikeaxe! While Weed didn't wield pikeaxe staves, from the way the descriptions are given, he could. As stated in a prior chapter, Weed could wield warrior knight-class specific swords once he applies to the kingdom for a knight's registration.
3. Chapter 15: The current translation wording implies Weed can learn ALL class-specific crafting skills; if that is not the case, then it should be re-worded. This means he can have crafting skills outside of the crafting trade (trade profession =/= class in the Royal Road VRMMORPG) such as alchemist-based alembics, wizard-based crafting of magical items, homunculous construction, and thief-class traps.
4. Chapter 16: Sculpting Blade skill also has bonus feature of full protection (blocking or absorption) against all spells of lower mastery level at small mana cost. This means once Weed gets this to the "Advanced" level, wizards would have to have "arch wizard" levels. The book has not clarified if certain targeted spells are exempted such as bless or heal. Certainly, bless is a "curse" spell when used upon undead.
5. There is also a critical flaw in Weed's leveling mechanics due to multiclass skill acquisition. Since each time a char achieves intermediate, advanced, or Master level in their skill tree, they get multiple benefits plus stat bonuses. Unlike other players who cannot multiclass, Weed is able to reach Master in most other job professions and classes. Consequently, he will have far more stat bonuses and skill perquisites than the game was designed to accommodate. Thus, he will have an impossibly high-life-point, high-stat, high-skill char due to his ability to acquire any craft (not just crafting) skill and advance it to mastery. He even stated that he intends to master every crafting skill. This has been shown so far that not only his multiclassing character has no penalty on rate of advancement in multiple job classes, he doesn't seem to be penalized on the rate of acquiring additional stat and perquisite skills upon reaching multiclass advanced or mastery level (as seen from descriptions of received bonuses).
6. Vol.05 Chap02 gives Weed the ability to learn ANY hand combat skills regardless of character class or profession. When that chapters gets formal scanlation effort, may want to be sure this was the intended meaning so that I can correct this assertion.
7. Vol.05 Chap03 shows that Weed has dual-wield ability and has wielded a bladed weapon in each hand with no description of major skill delay or defensive loss.
8. Vol.03 Weed mentions to Mapan about knowing Herbal Medicine. Vol.04 talks generically about "herbal gathering" skill, so it is assumed that applying herbal medicine and gathering herbs are two separate things. For now, the skills of applying Herbal Medicine and Herbal Gathering are separate skills until a translation is found that specifies Weed's herbal skills.

Last edited by Naeko on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : updated skill table)
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Khlael Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 am

Shocked wow thanks. that surely helps a lot
Khlael
Khlael

Back to top Go down

Post  Super_Gui_1 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Very nice you added things I didn't even know he had, though you forgot herb gathering.

Super_Gui_1

Back to top Go down

Post  qazz11 Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:31 pm

great list

qazz11

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm

As of Volume 20, Weed has 19 stats so either the amount of stats you can get increases with level or some of the stats are special
He has:
Strength
Agility
Stamina
Wisdom
Intellect
Determination
Endurance
Resilience
Art
Charisma
Leadership
Grace
Faith
Attractiveness
Ability (idk what this is)
Gusto
Spirit
Container (idk as well)
Necromantic Corruption

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  qazz11 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48 am

how many points does he have in each stat by vol 20?

qazz11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarpie Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 pm

He gets... almost every single stat you can imagine. Weed becomes overpowered. The end. d:
Volume 35 was released a few days ago, and I got a chance to read it. ... My god, it's dragging on FOREVER. I am expecting at least 10-15 more volumes until the series ends, but you never know.
Sugarpie
Sugarpie
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Sugarpie
Class: Procrastinator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down