Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler]

+5
Mojo
Musica
Namorax
evertosword
Vielfras
9 posters

Go down

LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler] Empty LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler]

Post  Vielfras Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 am

Mod edit: This thread has been split. The rest of the thread, which has been deemed off-topic, has been moved to the Chat Room section. Feel free to continue your discussion there.

The post on the other topic has become to long... doe's anyone know a way to bypass that?
Until a solution is found the rest of the volume will go here.

Thank go to iheartz again, for keeping up with the hard work even though he has real life issues to deal with.
iheartz, me and many others are forever indebted to you, thank you and good luck.

Chapter 7: Dungeon Hunting
Spoiler:

Chapter Eight: Weed of the hunt
Spoiler:

Chapter Nine: The Dark Gamer's Union

Spoiler:

Chapter 10: The Mausoleum of the King

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vielfras on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 5 times in total

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler] Empty Re: LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler]

Post  evertosword Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Thank you very much Very Happy
Vielfras + iheartz + everybody else who anticipated this.

Lets keep supporting Moonlight Sculptor!!!

Now to read this Very Happy

Side Note:
Spoiler:
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler] Empty Re: LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler]

Post  Namorax Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:03 pm

[...]either that, or it is possible to reach the peak intimacy with Basra by doing several tasks[...]

Did you really have to use "Intimacy"?! You should have used Reputation (or Esteem, or Status, or Standing).
Now that you used "Intimacy", I have this picture of a Necromancer who's living inside a cave full of dead people, bossing around some thieves (which are probably unwashed) and doing whatever it is that shady and grubby bosses do in dark caves deep underground.
->And he's getting (very) close and comfortable with you. Very... Intimate... pale

PS: Would it fit if the Prismatic Clothing has 20% resistance against Blindness? Prismatic is light-related term, so it would make some sense if the clothes protect you against magical, blindness-inducing flares.

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:46 pm

You're asking the wrong person.
Besides the word intimacy is a better word than reputation or the other two in this context.
The context suggests relationship.
Reputation suggests fame and renown.

evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:18 am

Isnt it something similar to the "Public Service"-Stat you earn for doing Quests/Tasks that benefit a city or village? You apparently do tasks that make the other party appreciate/like you.
Since this is an Individual and not a town, friendship would fit. Or something similar at least.

Intimacy suggests a relationship thats WAY too close (and past professional). The most I could understand is "friendship". Heck even "Relationship" itself sounds better to me then "intimacy".

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:27 am

Intimacy? Isn't it "friendship"? XO
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Wow thank you for the summary. Right now I'm in the middle of reading the Google translation of volume 7 and I practically keeled over laughing at .. well I can't seem to figure out how to hide spoilers, so I won't say the exact wording of the mistranslation but they kept talking about Freya's member... you know, the type that dangles and shouldn't even be anatomically possible on a goddess.. it was hilarious. It's nice to have a more accurate idea of what going on, it makes re-reading the Google translations more comprehensible.

Last edited by Mojo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Tampopo
Class: Mage
Race: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Definition of Intimacy Included.
Spoiler:

Pst Mojo
Code:
[spoiler]Type your text here.[/spoiler]
Most of the times the format is the same for these forum codes.
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  doshin Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:45 am

where u get ure material from ._. very well write ups , i tried the google translated ones i found but they are bloody unreadable ._.

doshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 pm

@ evertosword, thank you

@ doshin, I got my version of the Google translations from jcafe forums way back in 2010, I'm not sure if they are even available for download anymore. Reading them has been a challenge, but I have more difficultly reading the babble that passes for English that I often encounter on the net. Call it text-speak, or chatspeak I can't seem to understand more than half of what people are saying in that lingo.

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:10 am

So many people looked through the summery, and none could note that there was a mistake in the chapters?

Just now as I was editing the 7th chapter and what do I notice????
Chapter 7 and 8 were merged together, and The dark gamers union which is chapter 9 was titled as chapter 8...
I don't ask with help in phrasing whole paragraphs, although that would be nice, but if you see such a huge mistake at lease state it so I can change it...

Anyway, just thought I'd take a little break and say this say it cuz it annoyed the hell out of me.
Anyways back to editing chapter 7...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Just for clarification I think by looking at the sculptures on the way to the King in chapter 10 it was Weed gaining stats on his new skill not his art stats.. I think they are different things, maybe?
"Passive Skill: Understanding the sculptures will be created" (google translation) which he gained as a reward for completing Sculptor's Darone final request in chapter 5. I think you put it as
"Sculpture Comprehension 1 (0%): Allows you to create even higher quality works of sculptures you know. As skill level goes up, additional effect of Sculptural Shapeshifiting will be added. Beginner: Adds 10% to the effect of transformation. Can only change into earthbound races
Intermediate: Adds 20% to effect of transformation. Can now change into flying creatures. However, you must learn how to fly.
Advanced: Adds 30% to the effect of transformation. Can transform into colossal creatures."
I think this means that he is gaining better transformation abilities with this.

BTW, WTF is with this volume and characters puking blood? First Sculptor Darone is puking on Weed with a final request and now the King is.. like ew gross, I hope he is gaining stats on his new laundry skill cleaning off all that blood, as any one whose had to clean it off their clothes knows it's tricky and requires skill.

Edit:
@Vielfras Thank you for all the hard work! This is the last chapter of volume 4, will you be continuing with a new thread of volume 5 in a week or so? I love Weed's scheme to save money making the King's tome. I just had I hard time understanding some of what was going on. Google translations Razz

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

LMS - Volume 4 Summary - Part two [spoiler] Empty IMPROVING MACHINE TRANSLATIONS

Post  telchar Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:50 am

Hey people, I found a way to improve the machine translations.
If you first translate from Korean to Japanese and then to English,the grammar is significantly better.
Don't know the reason though.

telchar

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  ReddishWhite Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 am

telchar wrote:Hey people, I found a way to improve the machine translations.
If you first translate from Korean to Japanese and then to English,the grammar is significantly better.
Don't know the reason though.

Problem with that is that any improvement in grammar is offset by the loss in the intended meaning you'll get from translating a translation.

ReddishWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 am

Man... Real Awesome!!! cheers
Knight
Knight
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Knight
Class: Holy Knight
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down