Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler]

+2
Namorax
Vielfras
6 posters

Go down

LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler] Empty LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler]

Post  Vielfras Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 am

Ok, I think this was needed for a very long time now. It was suggested on the Jcafe thread during the early pages but never took flight. Now here, on this forum I believe it can be done in a clean and organized matter, putting every volumes summery and its discussion in a separate topic.
I'll start and I hope you will add more, which I will then edit into the summery.

Volume 2 Summery:

* Weed and the party(failover in the translation) reach the City of Heaven and find it populated with a type of Bird People. The party splits up to explore and find quests. Weed goes to a shop and looks at the items for sale and spots some interesting magic swords, but he doesn't have the money to buy them.

How I picture the City of Heavens:
LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler] Emmanu10
LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler] Emmanu11

* They are not the first to discover the place, however many of the dungeons are still undiscovered. Places where they are the first users to enter the dungeon everybody receives +200 fame, item drop rates are doubled, experience is doubled.

* One of Basic Training Centers if found, however it is much harder then the others as the bird race is a bit stronger than humans. Weed tries to pass the exam, and is taken to a dark room where he is not allowed to use any skills. In this room he is hit from all sides, and using his sword to send sparks off the stone floor he sees about 50 bird warriors equipped with maces. He tries to fight back but is brutally beaten to a pulp until he's Hp drops to 4%. Luckily for him there is no bleeding so he's HP doesn't drop any lower, so there is no risk of dieing. He's told that his level has nothing to do with it since they adjust the difficulty to the level of the person taking it.

* They accept a quest to kill 30 lvl 100 skeletons, and from this hunt they get a bit of armors and weapons.

* Weed uses his 5th sword skill for the first time winning a frantic battle but leaving him with only 50hp.

* The rest of the party leaves as their parents start to play Royal Road.

* Weed meets Diane, a lvl 134 Shaman, who is extremely powerful because of her hobby of playing with her food. Before killing an enemy she will use all her buff's and curses on him, hitting it and then healing it. This hobby of hers allowed her skill levels to skyrocket while her level rose slowly.

Shaman: An overall-character. They can use weapons such as swords and maces, yet can use magic of both offensive and healing abilities. They also have various types of buffs. However, they are not commonly used, due to not having anything unique about them. Their sword abilities are weaker than warriors, their attacking magic is weaker can Mages, and their healing spells are weaker than Priests. ( Thank you lxdarknessxl at Jjcafe)

Dyne was part of the 1st party to find the City of Heaven. The rest of her party left the City of Heaven because the level of the monsters was too high for them and so exploring/entering the dungeons was not initiated. Dyne didn't want to leave the City and instead explored it finding a bunch of hidden dungeons(8 I think), but not entering them. Now the reason why Weed found Dyne in Memphis Hall was hard to make out.. I think she was just went near the entrance.
Later on Dyne confesses that the reason why she was on so often(Lets face it, Weed spends 12 hours or more, day after day on Royal Road and Dyne equaled him) was because she was afraid of some serious surgery she was going to have to do.
Weed falls in love with Diane. And when she leaves Royal Road, explaining to him that she is mortally sick and will die soon, Weed makes a statue of her.
For ten straight days Weed carves a huge statue of Diane and himself while constantly fighting off monsters, in the hope that the first thing Diane will see if she ever connects again is his tribute to her. The sculpture reached the title of Great Work, The statues of Seu Rabiah Advisors.

* Following the quest he got from the elder of Baran village after finishing Freya's statue, he stumbles upon an apostate of Freya who tells him about a treasure guarded by a Death Knight. After killing the Death Knight Weed loots amazing equipment off of the Death Knights body and the Holy Grail it was guarding. But unfortunately the equipment is limited to lvl 200, and as Weed is lvl 125 (I think) he still has some way to go.

* The Holy Grail grants its drinker infinite stamina.

* After returning to the apostate Weed gets a gathering skill along the lines of Herbal Studies/Herbalism. It allows him to identify and gather useful herbs from plants that grow in the environment. As he raises it he can gather a wider variety of herbs and even learns special applications for them such as herbal brews and medications. (Thank you Unknownadd, Archmagination2002, Lenthe from Jcafe)
The apostate asks Weed to journey with the Grail to the Holy city and put it back in its place. Even with a time limit of three months, Weed excepts.

* Harn Lee goes to his sisters school festival.During his sisters High School Festival(the games played were televised for some reason) Weed played the Rescue the Princess(for him.. his sister) from a Dunking game for $200 shopping card. Lets just say he got real serious.. on of them was having to dodge/destroy 300 water balloons thrown at him.. what he did apparently made this happen: 90,000,000,000,010,000 mouths dropped and were hanging open. ROFL, just ROFL! 90 trillion mouths.. obviously a mistranslation, but still hilarious! He became a web phenomenon and got dubbed: The Princess Knight.
There is a TV show that is devoted to Royal Road and in this episode they had a guy called Thor who was a blacksmith. They were talking about crafting skills and the Statue of Freya Weed made was mentioned as being incredible and beautiful. The announcers(think of it like a new channel/talk show) were disappointed that they were not able to get a picture of the statue.
(Thank you Archmagination2002 from Jcafe)
The sister Princcess Knight part edit by nuocmamt from Jcafe:
Spoiler:

* Weed tries to pass the Basic Training Center and this time he succeeds. He gains 50 strength, and is offered a job change that he refuses. The job Weed was offered is Mu-in, being "Man of Battle", or "Fighter". the Fighter can use any close-range weapon in battle. think of it as a stronger version of a warrior. Sort of a "Weapons Master".

*For a while he goes around sculpting status of all the different bird species. He did it to train the sculpture skill (obviously) as there are so many different looking birds, but mainly he waned to get accepted by the bird folk.
By giving the birds a sculpture of them, their friendship level rose and he was able to acquire a lot of history about their city.
He even got on such good terms with one of the families there that they accepted him as part of their own, and for about a week he lived with them. Sleeping in their house (with an impossible to understand part about him trying to sleep in one of their nests...), eating with them and helping them with their daily tasks.

* Weed buys a bunch of feathers which will allow him and the mountain of equipment he looted to come down back to the ground.

* A user called Mapan is who he bargains with. That user class is a lvl70 merchant which is basically a storekeeper/trader who levels his skills(and I think actual experience) by selling/trading items. The higher Mapan skill level are the better the bargains he gets. Weed literally kept EVERY SINGLE ITEM that was dropped in Seu Rabiah and only used the gold he accumulated from the monsters to buy things. So Weed had 10 enchanted backpacks full of items to get rid of. (I think he kept them because Seu Rabiah would devalue all the items ridiculously since the birds don't have any use for human equipment. Most of their weapons are for the beak and the claws, and human armor would simply make their wings useless.)
(Thank you Archmagination2002 from Jcafe)

*Mapan helps Weed negotiate for a higher price thanks to his merchant skills. So Weed proceeds to pour the contents of 10 enchanted backpacks, into a mountain of looted equipment. So now Weed is busy sitting on his mountain of loot sculpting little sculptures, while Mapan is busy selling parts of the mountain little by little.

*Mapan leveled up his merchant skills from all the trades he made, and he now looks up to Weed some crazy bad-ass warrior. Because he believes that he can surly get more things to sell he asks Weed if he can accompany him on his journey and Weed accepts.

There is much more to be added to this as this is only what I can remember at the moment.
Please help me in making this full summary.

Last edited by Vielfras on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Some minor changes)

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler] Empty Re: LMS - Volume 2 Summary [spoiler]

Post  Namorax Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Nice job... It'S definitely more readable then the GTH (Google-Translator-Hell).
Just out of curiosity: What kind of class did the Training-Ground-Class-Change offer?

EDIT: About this sentence at the end->(I think he kept them because Seu Rabiah would devalue all the items ridiculously since it came from a human.)
I had to think about that for a min before I understood.

Its easier to understand if it says: I think he didnt sold them in Seu Rabiah since the local merchants would pay less for them because Weed is a human and not one of their race.

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm

The class that was offered to weed was Muyein, which I'm guessing (due to some of the manhwa that I have read) means a martial artist of some kind (close to the "monk" class in dungeons and dragons maybe?).

And as for the devaluation? I'm pretty sure it's not as much because Weed is a human (seeing that Weed suck-ups/flatters/gives statues so much to the npcs that their relationships are probably maxed) as it is because the Avians don't have a use for any human equipment/weapons (since it was revealed that their weapons are for the beak and talons)

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 am

In this volume there is a part where Weed goes around sculpting status of all the different bird species. He did it to train the sculpture skill (obviously) as there are so many different looking birds, but mainly he waned to get accepted by the bird folk.
By giving the birds a sculpture of them, their friendship level rose and he was able to acquire a lot of history about their city.
He even got on such good terms with one of the families there that they accepted him as part of their own, and for about a week he lived with them. Sleeping in their house (with an impossible to understand part about him trying to sleep in one of their nests...), eating with them and helping them with their daily tasks.

Does anyone remember if this part came before the Apostate quest, or after?

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Well, I played a few games where you had something like a "Friendship/Likeability" Gauge. The fuller it gets, the more an NPC likes you.
It could be influenced by doing Quests for the NPC, by bribing or sweetalking him, etc... In some special cases one race "hates" another one, and the Game gives you something like -10% for "friendship" on the first encounter. You can befriend the NPC nonetheless, even if its hard to do so because he only says stuff like "I dont want to talk to you!".
And merchants who "don't like you", always want more money for their goods and offer less for the stuff you sell them. I mean... look at the dwarves:
they dont like others in their capital city and we know this as a fact.^^

If the monsters in the bird-kingdom really dont use "human-type" equipment... why do monsters drop them in the first place? It makes more sense if they drop "birdman-type" equipment, espescially if Weed slays skeletons. I dont think players leave behind corpses when they die (there is no information in the first vol as far as I know, except that you are not allowed to login again for 24h, coupled with the usual punishments for death), so the only thing that could walk around as a skeleton would be a birdmen.

So why should a birdman-skeleton drop "human-type" equipment? During the episode with the lizardmen it was shown that monsters have specific loots and equipments, so a bird-skeleton dropping human equipment would be like a lizardmen collecting paperhats instead of the usual metal armors.
I guess we will have to wait for the proofreaded release of that chapter, and until then I will believe that my version (merchants dont really like Weed even if he sweet-talks or bribes them with statues so they will not pay the same as human merchants) is more logical and therefore truer than your version (they dont want human equipment since they have no use for it, etc).

PS: I hope the class offered is something more exotic because its a) Hard to reach this training-course in the first place and b)Monks are already available on the ground, so it should be an advanced type of monk. Like the Sculptor (the "normal" version) and Moonlightsculptor ("advanced" Version). With Weed as the "Unique/Deluxe" Version of the Sculptor! Very Happy
Maybe a Shaolin?

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodknight Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:34 am

Well, it is hinted that there is more than one intermediate training course seeing as only a few people have gone to Heaven City and hundreds of people (400 I think) have passed intermediate training. Also, I said monk type in Dungeons and Dragons (they can wield every weapon, ride horse etc.), not the monk type in Royal Road (specializes in hand to hand combat). I believe the translation that google gave was Muyein/Muyeim which I thought kind of sounded like Murim which equaled martial artists. Also, it said something about how the Muyeim can use lances/arrows. So I'm guessing the physical combat version of shamans?

Goodknight
Trainee
Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 am

Namorax wrote:Well, I played a few games where you had something like a "Friendship/Likeability" Gauge. The fuller it gets, the more an NPC likes you.
It could be influenced by doing Quests for the NPC, by bribing or sweetalking him, etc... In some special cases one race "hates" another one, and the Game gives you something like -10% for "friendship" on the first encounter. You can befriend the NPC nonetheless, even if its hard to do so because he only says stuff like "I dont want to talk to you!".
And merchants who "don't like you", always want more money for their goods and offer less for the stuff you sell them. I mean... look at the dwarves:
they dont like others in their capital city and we know this as a fact.^^

If the monsters in the bird-kingdom really dont use "human-type" equipment... why do monsters drop them in the first place? It makes more sense if they drop "birdman-type" equipment, espescially if Weed slays skeletons. I dont think players leave behind corpses when they die (there is no information in the first vol as far as I know, except that you are not allowed to login again for 24h, coupled with the usual punishments for death), so the only thing that could walk around as a skeleton would be a birdmen.

So why should a birdman-skeleton drop "human-type" equipment? During the episode with the lizardmen it was shown that monsters have specific loots and equipments, so a bird-skeleton dropping human equipment would be like a lizardmen collecting paperhats instead of the usual metal armors.
I guess we will have to wait for the proofreaded release of that chapter, and until then I will believe that my version (merchants dont really like Weed even if he sweet-talks or bribes them with statues so they will not pay the same as human merchants) is more logical and therefore truer than your version (they dont want human equipment since they have no use for it, etc).

PS: I hope the class offered is something more exotic because its a) Hard to reach this training-course in the first place and b)Monks are already available on the ground, so it should be an advanced type of monk. Like the Sculptor (the "normal" version) and Moonlightsculptor ("advanced" Version). With Weed as the "Unique/Deluxe" Version of the Sculptor! Very Happy
Maybe a Shaolin?

But we also know for a fact that Weed and his teammates equip the looted stuff they found, so we know the equipment the skeletons drop are humanoid equipment. Also the story in the book about the Heavenly city states that there was a time when earth and the flying city were connected and people could come and go as they pleased. What more, Freya is a human goddess and her temple being there means that at some point humens have lived there. And where there are humans there are wars and death.

About the class, I think Martial Artist is the class he was offered, but that just sounds to plain. Maybe something like Weapons Master would be better but still doesn't sound right.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:51 pm

btw, did you put Diane by accident? because it really is Dyne, unless you want to read it as Dyin'.

also, the merchant is named "Mapan", not "Mapanul". the "ul" part is another word, but it sticks to the noun due to that being how it works.

the job Weed was offered is Mu-in, being "Man of Battle", or "Fighter". the Fighter can use any close-range weapon in battle. think of it as a stronger version of a warrior.
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

Musica wrote:btw, did you put Diane by accident? because it really is Dyne, unless you want to read it as Dyin'.

also, the merchant is named "Mapan", not "Mapanul". the "ul" part is another word, but it sticks to the noun due to that being how it works.

the job Weed was offered is Mu-in, being "Man of Battle", or "Fighter". the Fighter can use any close-range weapon in battle. think of it as a stronger version of a warrior.

Hmm, it's not an accident, I just read Dyne as Diane...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeko Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Namorax wrote:
It's called game logic!!! It's already bad enough that in Royal Road, none of the female characters ever bathe or use toilet paper or have you noticed? It's better to just group strange game discrepancies into the mysterious category "game logic".

You see that logic in RPG games before computers when people played Dungeons & Dragons type games on a tabletop. You see that now in Warcraft or Ragnarok Online. Player characters kill a monster and it drops a healing potion or money. Hey, where was that stored on the monster? In Ragnarok Online, there are many little "Poring" creatures that swallow loot and if you kill them fast enough (before they digest it) you can get some or all the loot back. I had always wondered about the logic of a 32 cm diameter creature swallowing a pike that was 290 cm long and could regurgitate it back if you had tamed it and if it was friendly to you and if you were able to command it to do so. Where did the roughly nine-feet of pike spear go inside that roughly one-foot diameter Poring? *smile*
Naeko
Naeko
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Naeko
Class: Soul Linker
Race: Human

http://playragnarok.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:32 am

Naeko wrote:It's called game logic!!! It's already bad enough that in Royal Road, none of the female characters ever bathe or use toilet paper or have you noticed? It's better to just group strange game discrepancies into the mysterious category "game logic".
Do you want to tell me that its perfectly normal for male characters to never bath or use toilet paper?
Its still a game. Do you want to pay money to wash yourself online or go to the toilet?

And: Duh... Its a slime. It only exists to give the players something easy to kill. It has no background, no intellingence to speak of... and it doesnt gather to form a civilization or tribe (I dont think something that just gobbels up something it found on the ground should be able to). Every group of beings that Weed encountered so far behaved in one way or another similar to humans:
-from groups for safety against threats
-you like some of the other groups more then the others
-Use environment and equipment that fit your stile
-If you cant use it, sell it to someone throw it away. Why carry it around anyway?

Blah-blah-Bullshitting Explanation-Blah:

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:25 am

I don't think the novel ever stated whether or not players have a need to answer natures calling.
Nonetheless, NPC's can marry and have children so with that in mind I think Weed does empty his stomach from time to time, but since it is not in the middle of battle with monsters around him, it is not important enough to be part of the story.
How many books have you read that give you detailed description of what happens in the bathrooms? (I read only 4 that I can recall)
Usually unless it is important to the story these things are never mentioned. Royal Road strives for realism so I think that all the food Weed keep cooking and eating has to go somewhere...

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 am

Shishishi, talking about having to go to potty reminded me of a discussion in Brandon Sanderson's in Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.

He basically says what kind of story can you write about someone doing number two? Even in real life Weed never goes to the bathroom.

First and foremost, this is a novel. Novels don't show people going to the bathroom to take a shower or whatnot. But that doesn't mean we can assume that they don't take showers. It's the same with a game. This is supposed to be the most innovative game in the world. Maybe the characters do take showers but the author chose not to write it.

Agreeing with Vielfras, whatever this means. ??? : D
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:24 am

The food enters your mouth, tastes great or horribly (depending on the cook) and then it doesnt go into your stomach.
It disappears and become all those lovely stat-buffs...

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down