Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap

3 posters

Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap

Post  bubbleteeb Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:20 am

12:15:23 
I'm not sure if its a specific issue with my browser or the scanlations, but the images for cheese in the trap are erratically placed. Some of the panels are larger than the other, even overlapping so I can't see the panel underneath. Can someone help me out?

bubbleteeb

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Re: Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap

Post  Doonge Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm

windows/linux/osx?
which browser are you using?

Can you copy paste here the logs when you notice such a problem (click on the overtooning logo that appears next to the naver logo, top left of the window once you activated overtooning).

And also please provide a screenshot so I can more or less try to guess what happens ^^

Thanks a lot for your time
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Re: Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap

Post  bubbleteeb Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:31 pm

whew, I had to make an account to post the log~
I'm using OS X with safari. I've attached the screenshot of S2C67. I've noticed this issue with a few subsequent chapters as well. I only started reading CITT on here after getting caught up on webtoons. I just made the account so I can't include the log for another week....yikes

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Screen10

bubbleteeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:51 am

Thanks for the image (I don't see the logs?)

I'll have to investigate, and ask you a few questions, but if you are really impatient I think that you could simply download another browser (chrome, firefox or opera, or perhaps other I don't know).

The screenshot you gave me tells me that something is really weird: the image that becomes very big is, in fact, part of what you see above and which is at the correct size.

Are you on OSX6 or 7?

Could you enable the web development tools (if not already done) https://developer.apple.com/safari/tools/
And use the web inspector (elements) on the images that are very big?
I'm interested in seeing the "canvas" elements.

(this is a CHROME, not safari, screenshot, but it should be similar).
Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap PYyEjLx

(see the blue line in the inspector).
(cheese images are typically 690px wide).
(the first canvas is the correctly size image in your own screenshot, and the second is the one that is problematic in your screenshot, they are both part of the same image)
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Solved~

Post  bubbleteeb Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I'm lazy so I just decided to download Google chrome, which I should've done anyways. I'm able to read the panels perfectly now. I really appreciate your help!

bubbleteeb

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Overtooning scanlations image problem

Post  Beezwax Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:38 am

I'm having a similar problem as another user when it comes to reading cheese in the trap. The images are off, some are bigger than others and some of the text seem to be cut off.

Beezwax

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:07 am

Beezwax wrote:I'm having a similar problem as another user when it comes to reading cheese in the trap. The images are off, some are bigger than others and some of the text seem to be cut off.

What browser do you use, and what OS? (windows, iOS?)
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Beezwax Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:42 am

I'm using google chrome on my iPad. Everything was working fine before , this issue didn't exist until now. I think this problem occurred after the servers went down.

Beezwax

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynnie Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:22 am

So it works on CHROME and not Safari anymore???????
Lynnie
Lynnie
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:19 am

I'll try to fix that problem.

One thing that you can already try is to perform a reset. But I'm not sure it's enough.
Once you've activated overtooning to translate a chapter, find the overtooning icon top-left of the website, next to the Naver icon. Click on it and go to "Settings". The last setting is a reset button. It should clean everything.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty Same problem along with...

Post  ashd Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Hello, I also have the same problem of different size sections of CITT on chrome on my iPad air2 and it also keeps going to the aw snap error page, and then whenever I reload the page, I can only get a small section of the webtoon. I tried resetting the settings on the naver overtook end page and also tried limiting the memory to 5 and 5 x 5 but whenever I press the apply button, it doesn't do anything.

ashd

Back to top Go down

Issue with overtooning for cheese in the trap Empty When will updates happen

Post  sainvilus.daph@gmail.com Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:35 am

I'm waiting for the rest of season 3 to be translated on Naver. Is there a schedule for updates? Please, someone translate the rest of season 3 so I can move on to season 4

sainvilus.daph@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:26 pm

@ashd
I will try to fix the size problem for iPads (and various apple products). But I'd need you to give me the logs you have when it happens.
If you see this problem and your iPad doesn't crash (aw snap error, fix this error first, I gave you an explanation below), please click on the overtooning logo that should have appeared top-left of the website, next to the Naver logo, and select "Logs". Copy paste here the content. If this forum doesn't let you post URLs, edit them so they don't look like URLs (or remove the lines with URLS, I don't need them for your problem).

For the "aw snap" problem you have, it's a memory limit thing. Put 3 instead of 5 (do not put "5x5", that will do nothing), and then gradually raise the value until you get the "aw snap" problem again if you want to know what maximum value you can put.
If you reset overtooning, it will remove the memory limit so you will have to specify it again.

If you want to check if the memory limit was correctly put, just switch tab in the overtooning menu (go from settings to logs, then come back to settings). If the value remained after switching tab, it means it has been kept.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down