Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S3C0 and C1 cleans

3 posters

Go down

S3C0 and C1 cleans Empty S3C0 and C1 cleans

Post  suhan Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:59 pm

I saved them all as PNG-24 here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55923159/sparkling/CITT%20season%203%20zip.zip
It is a zipped folder.
And since I didn't edit the bottom layer (apart from copy and paste), there's only the cleaned part. Page 19 had no text or SFX, so I left it as it is.

And preview of page 12
I already knew about the dark spot, so I got that done:
Spoiler:

And here's S3C1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55923159/sparkling/CITT%20S3C1.zip
I know the redraw quality is pretty crappy, but I tried ._. You may want to redo a few spots of redraw. There were, I think 3 pages with crappy redraws although it wouldn't be visible after adding words.
Page 18 is blank.
I didn't use the publish_diff_overlay, but I did use the other two, and then a .zipped the crushed folder, so if I wasn't supposed to zip it, let me know.

Last edited by suhan on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added S3C1)

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

S3C0 and C1 cleans Empty Re: S3C0 and C1 cleans

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Awesome Suhan ^^

On a side note, I've just edited the guide here, and included my own tools, so you can check'em and tell me what you think Wink
https://oddsquad.forumotion.com/t171-webtoon-cleaning-guidelines

=D

I think I remember you (I remember you because there's a sparkle in your download directory).
I will check your work as soon as possible (probably by the end of tomorrow or in two days).  Tomorrow is Cheese and release day, so it's quite busy.

I've checked the image showing here, and there is something amiss in the shoe.  I don't think it's a big deal because it is likely to be hidden by the text, but it's a serious hint something might be wrong.
I see a strange clone stamping in the shoe (apparently one or two pixel too high =p), and some too dark pixels (this is what gives the dusty impression).  You should zoom in 400%, and apply some antialias manually, or tone down some pixel here and there.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Doonge wrote:Awesome Suhan ^^

On a side note, I've just edited the guide here, and included my own tools, so you can check'em and tell me what you think Wink
https://oddsquad.forumotion.com/t171-webtoon-cleaning-guidelines

=D

I think I remember you (I remember you because there's a sparkle in your download directory).
I will check your work as soon as possible (probably by the end of tomorrow or in two days).  Tomorrow is Cheese and release day, so it's quite busy.

Yup, the same one. This piece should be of better quality since I followed your instruction to save each image of CITT instead of having to use... snipping tool.

I had actually just finished reading your guide a few minutes ago. But now it's changed again XD
I liked this part:
extract:

It's a little tricky to figure out, but creating the PSD files for me in advance is going to be awesome.
Yes, I've bookmarked it for further inspection. I'll let you know how it goes after I try using your tool Smile

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Yeh except I didn't include build_psds.jsx in the zip xD

I reuploaded the file.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Whee... time to redownload XD

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 am

Checked, it's good to work with.

You have some troubles with redrawing (do you use a tablet? it's easier if you have one it seems, but it's not mandatory), but you save us much time.

Thank you.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:31 am

Yay, I'm glad it helps.
Yes, I do have a tablet, which I didn't use for this chapter. There was only one redraw if I remember correctly. The one on the face which I had no idea how it was supposed to look like. Or did you mean the other redraws with clone tools?

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:18 am

And here's S3C1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55923159/sparkling/CITT%20S3C1.zip
I know the redraw quality is pretty crappy, but I tried ._. You may want to redo a few spots of redraw. There were, I think 3 pages with crappy redraws although it wouldn't be visible after adding SFXs.
Page 18 is blank.
I didn't use the publish_diff_overlay, but I did use the other two functions, and then .zipped the crushed folder, so if I wasn't supposed to zip it, let me know.

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:23 am

Hi suhan,
Thanks for the cleans,
I thought I should mention -
1) if a bubble has text AND punctuation both, remove everything including the punctuation. We only leave in punctuation in a bubble when there is ONLY a ? / ! / ... and nothing else (but in doubt, remove everything anyway).
2) We also remove phone text, name of chapter.
3) You might fare better with cloning if you zoom in a lot. I don't have a tablet, I find it easier with a mouse actually... just follow the pattern in zoomed mode... 800x to 1600x
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, clone tool is easier with a mouse, but actually redrawing is better with tablet.
1)Okay, I'll go through and remove the ?/! apart from SFX ones. It'll be ready tomorrow
2)And I totally forgot about name of chapter, sorry.
3)I tried zooming in - for those lines - those special effect ones, it's actually worse to zoom in, I can't tell if they're straight or not that way.

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:41 am

No don't!
I think your cleans were already fixed on our side!
You already helped much, we took your cleans already ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:50 am

Already fixed? Ah well, I also already went through the ! and ? things for S3C1.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55923159/sparkling/CITT%20S3C1%20%282%29.zip
The extendscript toolkit (publish_diff_overlay) froze on my comp. Blame the computer~

Thanks for the the tips Very Happy

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:22 am

it froze??

it froze in the middle, or right at the beginning? what's happening?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 am

Well, after opening, it showed the script.
It didn't do anything to the files so I clicked the arrow button at the top and it froze.

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:10 am

when you open it, it says it will run photoshop. You must say "ok" at that point. You are not supposed to see what is written in the script if you want to run it. i'm under the impression you opened it with dreamweaver or something.

I don't know what is the arrow button.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  suhan Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:05 am

I do have dreamweaver, but that wasn't what it opened. It was a extendscript toolkit that opened - and yes, I saw the script.
I didn't get your pop-up and my photoshop was opened at that time.
The arrow is the play button in the extendscript toolkit box, under the file and general tools.

The other tools work perfectly fine though.

suhan
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down