Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learning Korean

+2
armada
Ikki
6 posters

Go down

Learning Korean Empty Learning Korean

Post  Ikki Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 am

So this novel really sparked my interest and I wanted to learn Korean so I could read more of it. lol! Do you guys know of any resources that could help me learn Korean?

Ikki

Back to top Go down

Learning Korean Empty Re: Learning Korean

Post  armada Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:08 am

Well, it seems I'm not the only one Smile here's the link for you http://www.seemile.com/renewal/package_list.jsp?pkg_no=21 the online videos are by far the best I've found during my search, the "teacher" explaines everything really well, I'm already past Hangul alphabet and some basic grammar! Very Happy Good luck in your studies!

armada

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikki Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Thank you! Laughing So far this seems really confusing. I've got a lot of wok to do Sad

Ikki

Back to top Go down

Post  armada Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:16 am

yeah, not an easy task, thats for sure, but we've got a nice incentive right here! Smile

armada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sugarpie Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am

If you guys are lost or stuck anywhere in the process of learning Korean, I might be able to help you out as long as our timezones don't collide with eachother (:
Sugarpie
Sugarpie
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Sugarpie
Class: Procrastinator
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikki Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks Smile I'll ask when it gets really hard to understand.

Ikki

Back to top Go down

Post  oxwivi Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:59 am

armada wrote:here's the link for you http://www.seemile.com/renewal/package_list.jsp?pkg_no=21 the online videos are by far the best I've found during my search
That's a great tutorial and all, but is there any document with the Korean letters, their names and pronunciation? The videos aren't exactly the best place to return and memorize the consonants and vowels.

Okay, when writing this post, I realized that I'm simply looking for something like a good book for reference. The videos are great guides, now I just need a reference.

oxwivi

Back to top Go down

Post  Exitus Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 am

*Uses his unwordly magical powers of necromancy.*

I know people hate it when someone revives a dead topic, but to be honest... the topic is quite short and the link is a nice info for starters.

For information freaks, who want to know about things like "Why do you want that?" or "Is that really necessary?" I will give a loooooooong text after a list of things i beg of you guys. Yes I'm begging! Or if you're more of an masochistic nature... I ORDER you, to give in to my demands! xD

- Raw's for a few chapters (If possible even two or three Volumes.) of LMS, if possible including the first Volume. I actually found them up to v33 so i dont need these anymore. Smile

- A link for a f2p game in korean language, without the need of an korean ID number.

The reason's why I want those things, for those who care about it: Since I will try to learn korean without investing any money for it, like reference books and the like, I'd like the first volume in korean so I can compare my "translated" text to the original translation. A full volume should be enough to get me through the starting line, atleast enough to get somewhat decent at the understanding of the language, and would be a good "problem" to solve. While the other volumes are for me to solve "on my own", if you have a link to a site where i can buy them legally and in Digital form, i would be most thankful. (Well I'll buy them as REAL books anyway, when I got decent enough in korean.)
The game would be... mhmm how to say it, learn while playing? I dont know how i should really describe it, but the best I can come up with is a game I got while I was a little kid, where you learnt a language while playing around... somehwat along those lines. A simple but addicting korean MMORPG would be the best.
I would be most thankful for the ones who could provide me with these things. Smile
For the protocol, I tried to find ebooks (For the ebook i only found the first volume already in english.) or other forms of raw's with google, but didn't find any... and honestly it suprised me how hard it is to get your hands on raw's. Even in jcafe i couldnt find them, though the topic clearly said that they were there... am i blind or do you actually need a certain number of posts to see the links?

Honestly... it's sickening that i got so addicted to LMS that I actually got into the mood to learn korean. Lough if you want to, I would do the same, if I had actually enough brain to NOT think how the story of Weed evolves from chapter 20 and onwards. ~.~

Last edited by Exitus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found the raws myself.)

Exitus

Back to top Go down

Post  trondason Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:50 pm

For the protocol, I tried to find ebooks (For the ebook i only found the first volume already in english.) or other forms of raw's with google, but didn't find any... and honestly it suprised me how hard it is to get your hands on raw's. Even in jcafe i couldnt find them, though the topic clearly said that they were there... am i blind or do you actually need a certain number of posts to see the links?

you have to be signed in to download

trondason

Back to top Go down

Post  Exitus Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I was logged in, that's why I asked if you need a certain number of posts to see them. Normally when you can't see links in a forum, you need to be logged in/registered. That much should be common knowledge for people who are regulars on the internet. If that much doesn't help, you need a certain number of posts or the links ain't there to begin with. Smile

Exitus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down