Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Editing?

+5
Blique
noobzilla
toad
doshin
licalier
9 posters

Go down

Chapter Editing? Empty Chapter Editing?

Post  licalier Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am

I would just like to ask who is doing the editing for the chapters. Since I am a natural Korean speaker I haven't paid much attention to the translations, but a passing glance today revealed some pretty horrific grammatical errors.

These errors are excusable if the translators are going a 100% literal translations, but if editing has taken place I would just like to say that I am more than a little shocked that basic grammar mistakes are present in the quantity that I have seen.

licalier

Back to top Go down

Chapter Editing? Empty Re: Chapter Editing?

Post  doshin Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:56 pm

licalier wrote:I would just like to ask who is doing the editing for the chapters. Since I am a natural Korean speaker I haven't paid much attention to the translations, but a passing glance today revealed some pretty horrific grammatical errors.

These errors are excusable if the translators are going a 100% literal translations, but if editing has taken place I would just like to say that I am more than a little shocked that basic grammar mistakes are present in the quantity that I have seen.

greetings licalier , its funny u come on here and say there are alot of mistakes in the translations , u could obviously just point them out so that they could adress them , instead of just making a claim that its wrong , secondly i think ure being a little fucking rude... ure "shocked" that there are mistakes in a FREE FAN MADE translation , i would just like to say that if u think u can do it better please do ... sorry but this thread just seemed rude to me ~ good day

doshin

Back to top Go down

Post  toad Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 am

As a natural fan, I haven't paid much attention to the discussion pages, but a passing glance today revealed some pretty horrific douchebaggery.

This douchebaggery is excusable if the commentors are 100% literal trolls, but if banning has taken place I would just like to say I am more than a little shocked that obnoxious anons are present in the quantity that I have seen.

toad

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 am

Oh ho! Insulting our editing are we? Why don't you show us how awesomely bilingual you are and translate a few LMS chapters. If you can't do better than us, then STFU and die.

Also i have a strong feeling that this person is talking about chapter 1 to 13... because these kinds of douches usually don't know how to read disclaimers.
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blique Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:51 pm

We put the names of our translators and proofreaders at the top of every chapter, so why do you ask who's doing the editing?
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcedemius Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Good God, people really don't read, do they?? Suspect
Whoever posted this quite obviously didn't read the 'this is not our translation' you guys put at the top of every chapter in the first book. What a dweeb. Shocked
If s/he likes complaining so much, why not offer to help?
(because they're obviously super fantastic at english and korean both, from the sound of their post)
oh, wait, no; that would mean they can actually read.
huh.
guess not then.
funny how people like to say their (obviously and totally correct) brain farts, then disappear into the web like the sad little ephemeral ghosts they are.
sad. so sad. maybe they should learn to read; it would give them hope in their small, small world.

moral of the story?
NEVER CRITICIZE SOMEONE ELSE'S HONEST HARD WORK, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU BENEFIT AND THEY'RE DOING IT FOR FREE!!
aka; stupid thing to do. No

Arcedemius

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 pm

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Vielfras Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:59 am

I tried waiting for translated chapters to pile up and after almost half a years absence from all things MLS related I come back to this thread...
It's insulting, rude and pointless, however I think you guys jumped on him too fast.
The poor guy simply stated his opinion, and sure it came out very impolite, but I don't think he should be killed for it.

Anyways, I haven't read the first 13 chapters that were posted online as I read and reread the scans I have saved on my pc. And if I ever feel like reading the 1st volume again I have it printed.
Are there really that many grammatical errors? I remember there being a couple of mistakes and wrong sentence phrasing but nothing major.

If you'd like and it isn't too much of a hassle to post up an edited version (I remember reading in one of the old posts that it takes a long time to code the page to fit online) I have the first 13 chapters edited. The only thing missing in them are the pop-ups describing skills, quests lvl up's and such as I used the original text boxes that were in the scans after cleaning and straightening them up.
I'll gladly share it with those who want them. Each chapter is a separate word file.

Keep up the good work OddSquad! You are a blessing to all fans and a truly good example of the "For fans by fans" that is keeping the Manga/Anime/Light Novel genre running.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Vielfras
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Lareyn Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 am

Completely off-topic.
Welcome back, I missed you!

Kinda on topic.
I agree, OSS kick arse.
Lareyn
Lareyn
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down