Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help my browser updates the page :(

2 posters

Go down

Help my browser updates the page :(  Empty Help my browser updates the page :(

Post  Lexiexxup Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Hey, i dont know if its only me and i tried to find a solution on the forum but i couldnt see anything. I can use overtooning in Chrome and Safari in my cellphone but a moment later it updates the page because "an error ocurred" i dont know what to do... Sad

Lexiexxup

Back to top Go down

Help my browser updates the page :(  Empty Re: Help my browser updates the page :(

Post  Doonge Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:11 am

Perhaps it's because overtooning tries to load all the images and all the translations, and your phone goes out of memory to deal with all that.

Use overtooning on the chapter list (so there's no image and no crash), and find the overtooning icon that shouldappear next to the naver icon, top left of the screen. Click on it, and overtooning menu should appear.

On the menu, go to "settings", find the memory option and put 5 in the box then push on the "apply" button next to it. To verify that you did things right, stay in the menu and tab to Logs, then tab back to settings. If you see 5 still written, it means the setting was properly set up.

This setting will load only some images, depending where you are scrolling, instead of all.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Help my browser updates the page :(  Empty Re: Help my browser updates the page :(

Post  Lexiexxup Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks for your help, but I did this on both: safari and chrome and it still crash... i really dont understand why, it used to work on well before. Sad
There is nothing else i can do?

Lexiexxup

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:21 am

No, but there's something I can do: better the script.

When you say it used to work well before, when was that?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexiexxup Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:36 am

Hey, i think i have fixed it. Well, i think i was using an old version of overtooning, i spend the night searching and i found another code of overtooning and i tried with it and it works well in chrome, in Safari it still crahs but i could read many chapters in chrome without that problem, so im happy. Thank you forrr all. Smile

Lexiexxup

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:11 pm

What's the old code for overtooning?

Or rather, which one are you currently using that doesn't crash?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexiexxup Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:26 pm

I cant post the link Sad for 7 days. Thats the message that i receive when i try to post it, im sorry. I found this "new" code in a post called "Mobile testing for CITT"

Lexiexxup

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:23 am

if the URL in the code has "otoon-api.bumblebits.net", then it's the latest one that everybody should be using. If it's something else, please tell me.
The code that I see in the thread you mentionned is the same than here: http://www.oddsquad.org/2010/01/irc.html

What guide did you use the first time you installed the bookmark?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexiexxup Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 pm

I cant remember because i installed it when the year began... for being honest im not sure but, i know much time has happened. I stopped reading for a while in season 2 so i came back for read season 3 and that problem was there. Now i think that it was because i wasnt using the latest version of the code.

Lexiexxup

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:11 am

okidokie ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down