Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overtoon no longer working

Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty Overtoon no longer working

Post  pokefan716 Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 am

Hi so recently or more like today I was trying to read a new chapter so I tried to use overtoon which wouldn't work for some reason. I tried it on some other chapters and series i was reading and i got the same results, no response.

So, overtooning doesn't work anymore for me. What should i do? I still want to read my series.

pokefan716

Back to top Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty Re: Overtoon no longer working

Post  Doonge Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:07 am

Our server is under migration, please be patient ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty When will it comeback to work?

Post  CarolC Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Hello, I discoreved about you guys yesterday. I really appreciate all your effort and hard work translating Cheese In Trap, I'm really thankful. If you allow me, may I ask you when the servers will be back to use overtoone on cellphone? Again, I'm sorry, I'm not being impatient, maybe a little anxyous because I love the we toon, but I'm just asking to know if it will take to long, just so that I don't get too anxyous waiting, hehe.

Again, I'm sorry and thank you all for your hardworking.

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:37 am

It's hard to answer this question.

Everything should definitively be working within TWO WEEKS. That's nearly for sure.

However, in practice things should work already. There was one problem related to cheese (broken images) which was a stupid error that should be fixed now (well, in half an hour as I'm fixing it, but it's straightforward and automated, I just launched the fix and it's slow)
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  minhquan_nguyen Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:43 am

@Doonge: Thank you for taking the time to apply the fixes! Unfortunately, I'm still seeing vertical lines of broken images after using the Overtooning button.

minhquan_nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:12 pm

minhquan_nguyen wrote:@Doonge: Thank you for taking the time to apply the fixes!  Unfortunately, I'm still seeing vertical lines of broken images after using the Overtooning button.

can you tell me if it happens for every chapter?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty Hello, again

Post  CarolC Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:31 pm

It's happening with me, but just when the chapter is at its half. Like, I'm reading it normally, but it doesn't load the entire chapter, it stops loading at its half. It's happening with all the chapters and it's not a wi Fi problem. Sorry again for bothering but is it a problem with the server or is it only happening with me?

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:12 pm

CarolC wrote:It's happening with me, but just when the chapter is at its half. Like, I'm reading it normally, but it doesn't load the entire chapter, it stops loading at its half. It's happening with all the chapters and it's not a wi Fi problem. Sorry again for bothering but is it a problem with the server or is it only happening with me?

What you describe is not a problem I've heard often, but since I know things are hectic right now (and will be for a week or two, perhaps), it's harder to pinpoint the cause.

You've said that you are using a mobile device. There's one important thing to know for mobile devices: they have limited memory, and if you do not use the memory limit option (in overtooning), the app can crash once it has loaded a certain amount of images (the option allow the script to unload images that you've scrolled past). But if you say that it only load like half the images, and that's it (no crash?), that doesn't sound like it.

Can you tell me which device you are using?
Can you also tell me if you are using the memory limit option?
lastly, one thing that might be helpful is giving me the logs that the script produce. Once you've loaded overtooning and that stuff has been translated, locate the overtooning icon that should have appeared on the website (usually top-left) and click on it, then go to "logs". Copy paste the logs here (remove the "http://bumblebits.net/" and the "http://blablabla.googledrive.com/" if you aren't allowed to post links here, BUT KEEP what's after that!! example: "http://bumblebits.net/blablabla/52/41.json" => change to "blablabla/52/41.json").
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty Reply

Post  CarolC Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:45 am

Hello, I'm sorry, I don't know how to describe it for sure but I'm using an IPhone 5S and a google chrome browse to read the webtoon. How can I change that problem on the memory? I've been using that bookmark *javascript:(function(){var s=document.createElement...* with the name "overtooning". Should i chance the bookmark? I'm really sorry for bothering it's just that it wasn't happening before. How can I change that memory thing?

I don't know how to show the print screen here, is there any way for me to put it here?

Again, thank you for the attention and sorry for keeping bothering you with this

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:12 am

You don't have to be sorry, I know it's not that easy especially on mobile.

Do you confirm you have crashing problems then?

If you want to check the memory option, use overtooning on a naver page without any big images (like the chapter list), so you know you can take your time and it won't crash. Then, find the overtooning icon that appears top-left of the website (it appears as soon as you use overtooning). If you click on it, you should see a menu popping up. Go to the "Settings" panel, and the second option is about "memory limit". Put 5 and push on "apply".

Chapter list: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=186811
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Overtoon no longer working Empty Hey

Post  CarolC Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 pm

I found the overtooning icon. I clicked on "log" and it's like this: [overtooning.run] pathname: /webtoon/(list|weekday)
[overtooning.run] pathname: /(webtoon|bestChallenge)/list
[overtooning.run] pathname: /(index|(webtoon|bestChallenge)/(list|genre|weekday))
[overtooning.template] End.
[overtooning.run] Queries to be made: 1
[overtooning.cors] otoon-api./186811/0.json?t=3
[overtooning.run] End.
[overtooning.cors] Analyzing response.
I took of the "naver" link and the one that you told me to take off.
I also changed the memory setting to "5", I clicked on "apply", but I don't know if it worked since nothing different appeared nor happened. Sometimes the webtoon loads till almost the end. Most of the time it stops at the half, but sometimes it loads the webtoon till almost the end. I'll try again later and I'll clean the memory of my cellphone a little, maybe it helps, I don't know. One of the chapters was entirely loaded and I have read it till the end, but it only happened once and all of the others chapters are with problems to load.

Either way I will try again later, maybe with a better wireless signal. Again, I'm really thankful for your help. If it don't work by tomorrow I may come here again or I'll just read it on the pc hehe.

Thanks a lot and lots of love for y'all of the odd squad

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 pm

You'll know if the setting has registered if, when you click on the icon again and go again in the "settings", there's still a 5 written. Each time you open the settings, it tells you what the current settings are (you can simply switch from "settings" to "logs" and then back to "settings" to see if the change did apply).

The logs you gave me are OK, but those are the logs of the chapter list (which gave you no problem I suppose).
Give me the logs of a chapter with images, unless your phone still crashes when reading chapter (if it does crash?).

Best regards.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolC Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:50 am

Hello, it's me again

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolC Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:55 am

Hi, I'm sorry, my latest message didn't worked and cuted the text that I typed.

So, my bookmark is not loading. Not even the overtooning icon is showing. Again, sorry for bother you again but is there any problem with the bookmark or it can be my cellphone again. Sorry for not replying yesterday but it was working almost fine when I changed that memory thing to "5". But today it doesn't even load the overtooning on the chapter list.

Thanks a lot for your patience

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolC Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 am

Hi, I'm sorry, my latest message didn't worked and cuted the text that I typed.

So, my bookmark is not loading. Not even the overtooning icon is showing. Again, sorry for bother you again but is there any problem with the bookmark or it can be my cellphone again. Sorry for not replying yesterday but it was working almost fine when I changed that memory thing to "5". But today it doesn't even load the overtooning on the chapter list.

CarolC

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:54 am

CarolC wrote:Hi, I'm sorry, my latest message didn't worked and cuted the text that I typed.

Don't be sorry ^^

Currently the domain bumblebits.net is under migration, and probably will be unavailable for 3-4 days Sad

So, nothing's bound to be working atm. I can't do anything, I must wait for the migration to complete.
Well that's not completely accurate, I could make a few changes and ask everybody to do a few complicated things, and then do them again once the migration is complete (in 3-4 days).

I'll put a pinned thread about it.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down