Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung?

3 posters

Go down

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung? Empty Do you feel pity or scare of Jung?

Post  Lalala1234 Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:54 pm

I see a lot of comment saying Jung was a selfish and self centered sociopath. However, I ONLY somewhat agree to this. Tbh, I simply feel pity for him Despite his arrogant way of treating some people, I feel he just a flawed and lonely human being. Sure he is quite messed up sometime, but do you think it is because of the way he was raised,influence from his father's personality gene, and the way people approach him? His mother always left, so he sure is lonely in the house and I pretty sure his father is 24/7 busy as hell too. He problably never got much attention and affection from his parents, which lead him to become a possessive person (like how he get "jealous" of In Ho because of sul)

This kind of remind me of Boy Over Flower. Which is a korean drama about a rich boy fall in love with a normal class girl. The male lead is a rich boy whose parents were so busy they never spent time with him, which remind me of Jung. Jung and the male lead has similar way of treating people, except this male lead treat his people WAYY WORSE than Jung did.Slowly and steady, the female lead (the lover) had changed the male lead into a better person, similar to Cheese in the Trap.

In conclusion, I merely think people shouldn't be too harsh on Jung. Sure he is weird and creepy, (i PRETTY SURE there are PLENTY OF PPL like that in society) He TURN OUT THAT WAY, either because he was not given enough love and attention or he simply born that way. Eevryone has their flaw. No one is perfect.

Lalala1234

Back to top Go down

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung? Empty Re: Do you feel pity or scare of Jung?

Post  Octolover Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:56 am

I feel a little bit... sad for him. He looks like a young man (handsome and all XD) but finally, I think he's childish.

Like, he gets jealous really fast. He's possessive. He wants Sul's attention. He wants all. He's capricious, like a child. I think the same as you. His parents were absent, he haven't had a lot of love, attention, affection and I think that he expected too much from Sul.
He also said it himself. Even if his body grown up, his mind, his way of thinking is still stuck at the time when he was a child.

It also reminds me of Boys Over Flowers. And I feel really sorry for Jung. He's just... a victim of all. He's just a victim of circumstances. He collects everything, takes everything on it, without letting it show. I feel so sorry for him which has to keep everything for him since childhood...

It must be so hard ...

Octolover

Back to top Go down

Post  HMD Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Hmm. While I agree that Jung is kind of pitiful given the lack of honesty and true love in his childhood (and how such fakeness in his childhood could twist him into someone equally manipulative) he still does a lot of things that are kind of scary, honestly. Like, in real life I would hate to know someone like Jung who's so intuitive and perceptive, and cold. Jung can do a lot of cruel things that a childhood like his doesn't cover up. (And honestly I think a lot of this is predisposed, because Professor Bek mentions how Jung's father was similar when he was young to Jung)

HMD

Back to top Go down

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung? Empty DO YOU FEEL PITY OR SCARE OF JUNG?

Post  Inho_Biased Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 pm

Let's not forget the fact that the way Jung is portrayed here makes him look creepy, like the scene when he fought the "neighborhood's pervert" who harmed Sul, some might have seen him as a cruel mercyless and violent guy, i just saw a protective boyfriend. Now if we talk about Go joon pyo of BOF, he was a bully, a spoiled kid, he did hurt the girl at first, but nonetheless we all saw him as a sweetheart and the prince charming, that's just because the focus wasn't on his bad side, that side wasn't portrayed as a dark one.

Inho_Biased

Back to top Go down

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung? Empty I agree!

Post  wORDYUKI Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Ya I agree with you. If someone do that to my girlfriend (talking shit abt her and hurt her like that) I would resolve to violence too Cool . Soonki just want to emphasize (notice I said EMPHASIZE there) how far Jung would go for his gf and how much he love her, even that mean risking of himself of being charge for assault.

wORDYUKI

Back to top Go down

Post  tohukyo Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:40 am

I think he's just completely misunderstood. His own father thinks Jung is a psychopath (I don't think the father thinks jung is a sociopath because sociopath doesn't care for the rules and such of the society whereas psychopath doesn't really care about other people and does whatever he wants). He doesn't have to say it for me to know that's what he thinks. If anything the father over analyzed Jung's behaviors as a child (come on, you can't use the same psychology for kids-they act out differently and from there whatever encounters and experiences influence their growth) thus Jung has become the man he is today all thanks to the father. Sure Jung probably had the signs but the father took the wrong measures. He's so blind and doesn't see that the actual psychopath is In Ha who needs a hell more therapy than Jung. Jung is calculative but he is in no way a psychopath. Deep down he has issues with connecting with people sure but it grown out as sort of a betrayal by his father which the father doesn't even understand. I know I'm sounding like some cheesy chick flick girl but seriously, I want to punch the father and In Ha in the face so badly. They should both get out of Jung's life already.

Gosh, I really missed Jung in this webtoon too. I feel like I understand how deprived Sul was in those few days. I was desperate for the return of Jung (granted 56 and 57 thank god) and was feeling withdrawal (I know I'm exaggerating).

All in all, Jung is a great guy. His character reminds me of an Italian mobster only he doesn't much of a family (which is really sad).

tohukyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Right Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:56 am

A little bit of both, I guess.

His character is actually kind of cliche in terms of his past - the usual lack of family love, enjoyable childhood and honest environment. Sounds familiar? (This happens in a lot of rich guy/ poor girl stories or vice versa, doesn't it? Never gets old  Razz)

To be honest, he's a really simple guy with a very complex thinking, in my opinion. What makes him scary is the fact that he's just unpredictable. We don't know what he's going to do next depending on the situation presented to him, but he's not that bad. He's just...stuck, I guess? Like a lost child in a middle of a maze with no one to rely on. All his life, he thinks that he's alone. He thinks that no one cares about him and that everyone is the same type of person - pretentious and fake. Every time he thinks he has found someone he could trust, the said person either betrays him or uses him. Not to mention, his environment has always been like that because of the fact that he's rich and good looking thus leading him to think that he needs to outsmart everyone so he wouldn't get hurt in the end. He just needs someone to lead him to the right path or something like that - someone who can explain and tell him the right things and give him the "thing" that he needs. He has severe trust issues which resulted to his manipulative, bad ass personality and he's just really, really lonely, I think. Sad life, bruh.

Well, usually in stories that I've read, it's like that. I see him as the same cliche character that I've loved every single time. Jung just acts different and a little more realistic and more twisted than the others - and that's why I ship him with Sul, lol, all because I love his character. Throughout the story I'm like, "Tame him, Sul, tame him!" or "Be tamed, Jung! Surrender to her!" Yes, please. asdfghjkl

All in all, Jung is just misunderstood which led him to misunderstand other things as well. It's like he received the wrong medicine/ treatment to his fever when he was a child and until now that he's grown, he still sees it as the right one to take because no one has ever told him otherwise.

*silently wishing and hoping that Sul gives the right treatment to his long overdue fever*  afro

Although in real life, I'm not so sure if I'm willing to be Sul. Razz Jung is like a "silent but deadly" fart, after all. Still like him, though. Him, okay? Not the fart. Never the fart. No. Gah, bad memories.

/out

Miss Right

Back to top Go down

Post  cookiegal Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Miss Right wrote:

Jung is like a "silent but deadly" fart, after all.

hahaha I died!!! Laughing

cookiegal
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynnie Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:33 pm

He used to kinda scare me but now I like him now. I feel bad for him tbh. Seeing his character progress makes me less scared of him, actually.
Lynnie
Lynnie
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Atum Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm

I pity Jung a lot. I see a lot of comments calling him a sociopath and a psychopath and such, but I don't think it goes that far. Growing up Jung constantly had his own desires ignored by others, like the girl who broke his toy because she was jealous and he got in trouble for pushing her. Or when that boy wanted something Jung's mother gave him, and his dad called him selfish for wanting it so bad. I understand why Jung would turn into a manipulative person, no one really considered how he felt. People crowd him for his money, wealth, and looks and so on. He gets negative vibes from others when he responds with his true emotions, because that's not what an ideal person would do. And they expect Jung to strive to be an ideal human, even if it means denying what he really wants. And this was everyone around him growing up, so I would expect he would learn to do things to get what he wants in a way he won't be the target. Everyone victimizes themselves, and Jung finds a way to use their flawed mindset to turn the crowd against them. So when he meets Sul, who doesn't victimize herself (ex. when he totally rejected her idea for a project and she didn't get mad) and doesn't take advantage of him, but still works hard, the Sul who he can relate to when he hears her talking about trying to please her dad but they don't consider how hard it is on her, he finally has someone who he can feel at ease with. He found someone who doesn't bother him like everyone else. So I would understand why he would get jealous, since he's so infatuated with her. Do I find him scary? In a way I suppose, but he usually has his reasons for lashing out. It's not so much that I find him scary, but since I think I can understand why he is the way he is, it's more pity than fear.

Atum

Back to top Go down

Do you feel pity or scare of Jung? Empty curious

Post  princess05 Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:35 am

Seriously i ddnt get the point why the title of this webtoon Cheese In the trap. Anybody knows why??

princess05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down