Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there guys?

2 posters

Go down

Hi there guys? Empty Hi there guys?

Post  NeonNinjaSushi Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Yeah, I know the forum looks pretty inactive and stuff, but thought I'd join and give it a go. So i'm NeonNinjaSushi. I do graphic and things. work in It. hoping to go into freelance web design. I code, use photoshop. I draw but yeah. i have the whole dog looking like a cat situation. I came here from reading 1/2 prince on mangafox Smile

NeonNinjaSushi

Back to top Go down

Hi there guys? Empty Re: Hi there guys?

Post  Doonge Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi.

You could do a cat story if I understand well. Just draw dogs.

The forum is quite inactive yes, but if I understood well what's happening in the next chapters, some hot topics and debates might revive it. Just have to wait for the releases.

What is your coding language?
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonNinjaSushi Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm efficient in HTML and CSS. Going into PHP which is dragging a bit of MYSQL into it. That'll take me a while but i guess javascript and jquery are afterwards

NeonNinjaSushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Okay.

Last things I learned about HTML and CSS were the HTML5 changes and the mobile-first CSS approach (basic css file for mobile phone, expand the style for high-res screens through media queries).

PHP and MYSQL are a bit huge, so I'd say try to separate the logic (PHP), the data (SQL) and the presentation (HTML most of the time, but can be anything really, since PHP can output whatever, text files, html, images ...). Last good tips for SQL were using VIEWS, and premade queries with the PDO. And for the logic/presentation separation, try to find a templating PHP system.

Javascript (jQuery is just a javascript library), yeah that can wait, though it's kinda cool to get the interest of OO coding style.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down