Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hidden classes

+2
Namorax
ri
6 posters

Go down

hidden classes Empty hidden classes

Post  ri Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:00 am

this was mentioned in the jcafe thread too.

there's probably many other classes that include crafting and they all have their own mastery levels and stuff.
whenever I read MLS, it's always go weed, kick butt moment. then i think, are other classes this great? so since each class has it's own mastery, im curious to know what kind of abilities they'll have.

for example, maybe a blacksmith has the mastery ability to melt metals on the spot without using fire, and then shaping it into a cool weapon. or maybe a farmer can instantaneously grow a tree to crush a building.

Spoiler:

so what ideas do you have?

Last edited by ri on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

ri

Back to top Go down

hidden classes Empty Re: hidden classes

Post  Namorax Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:54 am

Well:

Archers->Can guide their arrows with their will
Rangers->Can fight fully stealthed as long as they're in a Forest/Jungle
Mages->Can cast two spells at once
Priests->Can summon Angels to fight for them or revive a whole battlefield again
Monks->Can use Wisdom/Chakra to let their punches completely ignore Armor
Warriors->Can summon "Ghost"-Weapons and use them like normal weapons

And now I'm out of ideas...

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Namorax Carendal
Class: Rune-Smith
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  SamCreed Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

Well since Weed's base class (Sculptor) has 2 hidden classes (Moonlight Sculptor and Legendary Moonlight Sculptor) I would assume it would be the same for the other crafting professions, if not for all professions in game. I also think the hidden classes wont differ too much from their base class else it would simply unbalance the game. So maybe some slight stat/percentage bonuses plus a unique skill for each hidden class as a reward for the effort in unlocking that class. For example, the only unique abilities Weed gets when taking the L. Moonlight Sculptor Class is 30% bonuses to stats when in moonlight and the ability to carve moonlight, all other skills such as bringing a sculpture to life etc are probably available to base sculptor should they complete the same quests (or different quests with the same reward) as Weed or read the same skills books.

Anywho, onto ideas for class skills:-

Blacksmith:-

Elemental Folding - Able to add elemental properties to metal while folding resulting in small bonuses to elemental damage or resistances depending on how the metal is used. For example fire, cold, electric, poison etc. Each fold of the metal made using the Elemental Folding skill increases the bonuses further. However when doing this the chance of the metal becoming unstable increases each time (even basic swords and knifes use for combat in the middle ages were folded at least 6-8 times, Japanese swords such as katanas were folded 10 times or more, though I don't know whether there would be any Japanese swords in game), if the metal becomes unstable it explodes causing damage to the player and surrounding area due to the release of the stored elemental energy, the metal is also lost. The amount of damage done depends on how many times the metal was folded before failure, ie more fold = more stored energy = more damage. This can even kill the player, so high skill is recommended before attempting more than a 1 or 2 folds using this skill.

Emotional Forging - Able to forge your emotions in weapons and armor. For example when forging a sword in anger may result in the sword having the bloodlust ability both increasing its damage and healing its owner when drinking an enemies blood, however may turn against it owner if its thirst is not quenched regularly. If forged with a tranquil mind may result in a sword will the flowing blade ability enabling it to cut through air or armor with greater ease. Or when crafting armor with determination may resulting in the Steadfast ability giving it higher durability and enabling it to reduce damage more than normal.

Hidden Class - Legendary/Immaterial Smith - 30% bonus to stats when hot (I figured this would make sense due to been exposed to a forge all the time).
Unique skill - Smelting of the Immaterial - Can smelt immaterial objects such as light, darkness, heat, cold, etc into metal with large elemental bonuses. When combined with the elemental folding skills (must be a master to do this) the effect becomes multiplied, resulting in huge bonuses, however the risk is also multiplied. For example Smelting Sunlight into metal and then elementally forging fire into it could destroy a house even just failing on the first attempt, failing on the 8th or greater could probably glass a village. If the smelting and folding are successful you can then use emotional forging on top of that (much be a grand master for this), if that too is successful you will have created a legendary weapon. The only problem now is whether you meet the requirements to wield it.

I'll add to this post later, as I have ideas for tailor, chef and the newly made potter. Let me know what you think as it's my first post.

SamCreed

Back to top Go down

Post  ri Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 pm

@Namorax
for archer, you made me think of (although this is getting off the story) vander decken (i think his name is) from one piece who could throw something and it'll follow the target forever. something like that?
and i feel your ideas can be more masterful (if that's a word) because
Spoiler:
but i like the priest idea, it's even on the verge of going overboard with power. har har. in a war, priests would reign! Twisted Evil

@SamCreed
So for emotional forging it would pretty much be like weapons with a mind of its own sort of deal right? or it's been given life/soul.
Spoiler:
And yeah, I love the elemental idea since blacksmiths probably use the weapons they make and the variation in the weapons they can make doesn't make blacksmiths feel like they specialize. unlike Weed using a sword as his carving tool.
since blacksmithing is different from warrior, you can be a master blacksmith and never be able to wield your own weapons (unless there's come with great bonuses or something) isn't that kind of sad?
and i'd really like to hear your ideas for chef first, pretty please? ~

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:46 am

ri wrote:this was mentioned in the jcafe thread too.

there's probably many other classes that include crafting and they all have their own mastery levels and stuff.
whenever I read MLS, it's always go weed, kick butt moment. then i think, are other classes this great? so since each class has it's own mastery, im curious to know what kind of abilities they'll have.

for example, maybe a blacksmith has the mastery ability to melt metals on the spot without using fire, and then shaping it into a cool weapon. or maybe a farmer can instantaneously grow a tree to crush a building.

Spoiler:

so what ideas do you have?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Knight on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Knight
Knight
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Knight
Class: Holy Knight
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:29 am

@Ri:
No, I meant that the Archer can remote-control the arrows. For example: He thinks "Left!" and the arrow flies to the left.
Vanderdecken just throws his stuff and forgets about it.

And for Blacksmith I would rather get something like:
"You mastered every metal there is and now you can form them with your bare fists. It doesnt matter if the metal is still unrefined, raw material or a finished armor. Or if your enemy is wearing the armor when you start working on it..."

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

hidden classes Empty Dual class?

Post  kayue Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 am

Continuing the idea...
Bard->can control the emotions of larger crowds of people. He might even be able to use mind control, or kill with his voice. Even tame/control monsters if he speaks their language.
Eventually he doesn't need to sing or use an instrument. At which point he undergoes a class change to Politician Wink

I'm also intrigued by the idea of of dual/multi-class characters, of which Weed is a prime example.

For example, take your Blacksmith up there. A Bard/Blacksmith could become a Swordsinger. Singing while forging could emulate your emotional forging, but a Bard would have more control over what aspect he's putting into the weapon or even tool. (Singing a harvesting song into a scythe would make it easier to reap more. Singing the same song into an axe could create Deathscythe.)

A Warrior/Bard could make a Deathsinger. With better Yell capabilities, able to distract multiple enemies at one time and encourage their allies while attacking. Etc, etc.

kayue
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorax Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 am

Under Warior/Bard I can either imagine a Screaming Madman (THAT would demotivate every enemy), or a Bard who's trained in the use of Blades, a Sing-Sword if you want.

And a "Master-Class" Bard would be closer to a Siren don't you think? I doubt anyone wants to be a politican in an (VR)MMORPG.
"Look: I can kill the monster without letting it touch me!"
"Look: I can make the monster want to kill itself due to all the *blablablablablablablablarghhh..." [Politican was TKed by everyone around him]

Namorax
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ri Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 am

@Knight
yeah, you're right. Shocked fixed now, cant believe i did that pale thanks for telling me. Very Happy
and i know that i made an error, but you should place spoilers inside spoiler tags.

@Namorax
yeah, i get what you mean. maybe the archer should have some huge ass weapon, like a catapult, or a huge balesta that appears out of nowhere (it' s hard to get mastery ideas for regular classes eh?)
and blacksmith, something like metaluca? (it's a manga) using metals that way?

@kayue
i like the bard idea. now that's what im talking about. but the class change to politician is a little strange since bards are singers. maybe like in hp's gui, you can become a rock star or something lols.
dual classes are very interesting, but i'd call weed a multi class. XD. (well i guess not. i dont remember weed using the power of two classes at once; maybe he used his art skill in cooking, but that's just a skill.)
i think in yureka you can choose a sub class?

@Namorax post2
I'm sure a politician would want to be a politician? More likely if a Bard can control people, he can become king.

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizura Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 am

Painter:
- Portal: Create a permanent portal by drawing the perfect likeliness of the point of destination. The bigger the drawing, the bigger what you can fit through. Good money-maker, as you can charge players to use it.
- Carve dimension: You draw a separate dimension and drag both you and your targets into it. In this dimension you and your allies receive buffs depending on the content of the drawing while your enemies are penalized.
- Spy: draw the person you're thinking of, and your painting becomes a moving crystal ball to spy on that person.
- Haunt: Draw a picture of your enemy surrounded by bad happenings. Your enemies become cursed and suffer penalties as a result. Can be removed by priests of higher level.

Cook:
- Assimilate: Provided the ingredient is high-quality, you can become the creature you cooked. At low levels you just gain some attributes like enhanced strength, at mid-levels you can gain some of its skills, at high levels you can transform into the creature and use its skills. Cannibalism also works, but will result in other penalties.
- Voice of ingredient: Can deduce innate properties of ingredients.
- Passives: Cooks also get some combat bonuses based on their knowledge of where exactly to "cut" the creature. Creatures defeated drop better meat.

Mizura

Back to top Go down

Post  ri Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 pm

@mizura
kyaa! that's awesome!
somehow the haunt reminds me of this one episode of naruto with a genjitsu user and cook's assimilate reminds me of harry potter when hermione became a cat. ???
now those are some hardcore stuff you got there, though it doesnt seem that cooks can't compare to painters quite yet. it'd be awesome if cooks can have the power to cook everyone in a stew. (i think that was a power that this brawl character had in smash, king something from kirby? he was a fat-penguin looking thing i remember) i guess cooks can aim to be bishoukuya(from toriko)? and aim to create their full course menu. cooks can turn people into chocolate like buu? (im going crazy with this....)

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Mizura Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:51 am

Eh? The abilities I've described are pretty powerful. Now, Weed can transform into another creature too, but that only works for him. The dishes cooked by Master cooks can be eaten by anyone. That makes the ability a veritable cash cow. Imagine granting an entire army the power of flight, or turning a whole legion into monsters.

Master cooks' other special abilities would likely include:
- Farming and cross-breeding of plants
- Animal raising and breeding
- Seeking out wild ingredients and animals

They're not too far-fetched considering the special skills Weed picked up. I do know that many restaurant owners find or even keep their own farm or source of supply to guarantee the quality of the supply. This means that these cooks would be able to create more powerful ingredients on their own. And since the results of these abilities can be shared with everyone, they are again veritable cash cows.

For the less friendly cooks, mind control should be no problem. This could range from relatively friendly animal taming to coercion through addiction. An anime I used to watch used to say: everybody eats, even Kings. If this less-than-honest chef cooks an addictive dish, he can easily coerce NPCs into granting him certain favours. After all, Weed, who likely doesn't have any of the more exotic skills available to cooking classes, was still able to cook his way into the hearts of many PCs and NPCs.

Imagine cooking for a dragon and getting it to sleep. And such.

Oh yeah, cooks are also quite resistant against fire, water and earth, obviously. Maybe air too. So I could also imagine them conjuring elementals of all sorts to aid with cooking, even with no proper kitchen around.

Mizura

Back to top Go down

Post  ri Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Well, i think you're getting off target there. Cooks should only be limited to cooking, like Weed is limited to sculpting. Weed does know how to cook/etc but that not that sculpting skill. Cooks can obtain farming skills like Weed obtained cooking skills, but if they don't have the skill, they can't farm/raise animals. But giving abilities depending one what you eat, giving an army that food and turning them all into dragons, that's hard-core. Addiction to food is a good idea but it's starting to sound like a drug. silent

ri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum