Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shingeki no Kyojin

3 posters

Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin   Empty Shingeki no Kyojin

Post  evertosword Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 am

Title: Shingeki no Kyojin
Author: ISAYAMA Hajime
Artist: ISAYAMA Hajime
Type: Manga

Shingeki no Kyojin   F1b02c2a05815b3cb009e036bf05cd1b

MangaUpdates wrote:Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Nominated for the 4th Manga Taisho Awards (2011) and winner of the 35th annual Kodansha Manga award for Best Shounen.

I read it at :
Code:
http://www.batoto.com/

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by evertosword on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Shingeki no Kyojin   Empty Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

Post  Yuki Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Yeah, I find this comic pretty awesome. Was already reading it before you recommended it to it. What do you think is going to happen with the Female Giant?
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Snow
Class: Magical Assassin
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Mojo Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:03 am

I think it sounds interesting, but I don't like angst ridden revenge plots. Also I can't help but poke fun at super serious manga and question everything.
For example:
Why would the last of humanity put all it's eggs in one basket as it were and just gather in one place like that? And a wall PLEASE, walls never work, just look at the Great wall of China or the The Maginot Line in France. Why not have several underground bunkers or mountain top forts or mobilized floating islands that can retreat to the ocean. You try being a giant that has to swim 100 miles to get to your target, I don't care how big you are, that's a tough feat. I assume that these giants aren't capable of building so much as a ladder as it took 100 years to get through one wall...

Mojo
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Tampopo
Class: Mage
Race: Wood Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 pm

The female giant, I'm not sure. I guessing it's like his mom. How did his mom look like?

Oh to start. I think that the author, ISAYAMA Hajime, is trying to tell us that the giants were once humans. This is the first time I really thought hard about this. You know how in the Japanese folklore manga. They have stories about people dieing and becoming spirits. I figure the giant's are something like that.

The female giant obviously wants to meet Eren. I don't think the female giant wants to hurt Eren or his friends. As for what happens once they meet up? I don't know.

@Mojo You probably are reading it right now if you haven't read it up to where it is. Usually revenge plots are annoying as hell. But Eren proves that his goal is not revenge. Part of the reason is curiosity, and the other part is to take back what is rightfully theirs.

And I don't think of it as a wall. It's more like a castle in medieval times. An insanely large castle.

evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content