Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bypassing the "naver great wall"

Go down

bypassing the "naver great wall" Empty bypassing the "naver great wall"

Post  racchi Wed May 11, 2016 1:05 am

so i didn't know where to put this question since it's not really about contens of a manga/webtoon or trouble with the overtooning. i just have this serious dilemma. i'm reading this interesting webtoon on this website called spottoon. the thing is they translated 89 chapters of this series but only 37 of them are free and require money to read further chapters.
then i remembered oddsquad did something to bypass naver's pay-to-view chapter policy, so i was wondering if someone who has some knowledge about this could help me out on how to bypass the spottoon great wall...? much appreciated if i get some feedback.

the webtoon i'm talking about is called back to the highteen. if anyone wants to read it: spottoon.com/workHome?book_no=18

racchi

Back to top Go down

bypassing the "naver great wall" Empty Re: bypassing the "naver great wall"

Post  Doonge Wed May 11, 2016 11:58 am

This webtoon automatically unlocks its chapter one year after release.
It currently stands at 37 chapters unlocked, but next week it will be 38.

Furthermore, the problem I personally had with Cheese was twofold: it was free for a long time, then got locked behind a paywall, and on top of it foreigners can't even pay even if they are willing.

In this case, it's different, you can pay with PayPal and such apparently if you wish so.

Plus, we share our way of bypassing "only" for english readers on a korean website. And hopefully it's a temporary exception (once the serie is complete we will release it independantly, perhaps on webtoons.com itself). If I help you bypassing this spottoon thing, I don't really like the implications of it.

If you want that serie without paying, you'll have to ask pirates teams for it. This case is not different from many other paid comics (even paper ones), so pirate teams will fully be able to deal with it. Given that it's already translated, and therefore there's no point for most "translation" groups to do it, you'll have to ask the scummiest ones.

Spottoon's business plan looks very, very nice to me, I'm not personally inclined to bypass them.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

bypassing the "naver great wall" Empty well when you put it like that...

Post  racchi Wed May 11, 2016 7:49 pm

fair enough. i just hate sitting here knowing theres so many chapters translated and being unable to read it without paying. it's a bit vexing to see the korean version completely free on kakao...;_______;
but i can live without it i guess. glad you responded, lol, and have a good day! thanks for your guys' translations Smile

racchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Thu May 12, 2016 2:33 am

If there's a free version on Kakao in Korean, a translation team could pick it up and either release it normally (provide download links), or through our overlay system (you read their english translation on Kakao).

But it will be hard to convince a group to pick that project up, since it's already being translated.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down