Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy

2 posters

Go down

Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy Empty Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy

Post  Bola8x Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 am

Hi first of all I want to thank you for creating this translation method that supports the naver webcomics. Second, I think the latest update to chrome has caused some issue with the bookmark method and it causes the translated pages to use a large amount of processing power and slows down the page. Although its just a minor issue on Chrome I thought I'll give you guys a heads up. I'm not using the addon method so I do not know whether or not it was affected by the recent update. Or it could just be my chrome browser but recently I've seen a lot of people's Chrome have a tendency to crash and so is mine.

Bola8x

Back to top Go down

Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy Empty Re: Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy

Post  tohukyo Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:28 am

This was happening to me BUT it was only for one chapter (it was excruciating to get through) It was chapter 55 and chapter 55 ONLY. I don't know if it was just longer but chapter 56 and 57 let me breeze through so I was fine.

tohukyo

Back to top Go down

Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy Empty Re: Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy

Post  Doonge Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:49 am

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have that in mind.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  sdfghjkl;'a Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Just letting you know that this happens to me too. In every chapters (possibly, I've only tried five). Although this only happened recently. It was ok two weeks or so ago, and I don't think I have my Chrome updated or anything. Once I press the bookmark link, the page gets super laggy and my laptop starts to heat up.

sdfghjkl;'a

Back to top Go down

Post  xax Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:06 am

This happened to me too Neutral
Using Chrome and the chapters immediately lag after pressing the bookmark.

xax

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:58 pm

It might be a chrome bug that unveiled recently.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=493027

To those who experience problems, what happens when you

Workaround: If you "Disable accelerated 2D Canvas" in chrome://flags, the leak stops.

?

Does it still crash?
(type chrome://flags in the adress bar, then very early you have the option to desactivate 2D canvas acceleration #disable-accelerated-2d-canvas)
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alacia Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:35 pm

My settings show I have the accelerated 2D canvas thing disabled by default. I'm still getting the issues in Chrome, though not in Firefox.

Alacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:50 am

thanks for the feedback, I'll investigate furthermore
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Using the bookmark method on Chrome causes processor to go crazy Empty 2d canvas

Post  nimbice Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:18 am

Enabling the flag to disable 2d canvas and restarting Chrome fixed it for me in a jiffy. Was locking up my computer for minutes at a time before I could terminate Chrome previously. Now it hums along like glass. Thanks Doonge!

nimbice

Back to top Go down

Post  Alacia Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Hope there will be an update soon. I'm still getting the lag issues on Chrome.

Alacia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:19 pm

There's one that is scheduled, but not soon.

However, Cheese will be released more traditionally (not using the overlay system) due to Cheese not being available anymore for foreigners starting 23th november.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  anon001 Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 am

for anyone else with this problem in chrome, I couldn't get it to work even without the 2d flags so I just downloaded firefox and it runs perfectly on it! Also, thank you doonge and the rest of the team, you guys are the best. I know it must have been difficult to find a way around the ppv thing but you did it! and you found a way that still gives page views to naver!! Thank you for all your hard work Smile

anon001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down