Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CITT s03ch43 cleaning

2 posters

Go down

CITT s03ch43 cleaning Empty CITT s03ch43 cleaning

Post  VoxPopuli Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:32 pm

would like to claim, may I start?

VoxPopuli

Back to top Go down

CITT s03ch43 cleaning Empty Re: CITT s03ch43 cleaning

Post  Doonge Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Yes of course ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  VoxPopuli Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:36 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48zx1hr45y0je70/167_S03_C43.rar?dl=0
here it is. I messed up in one panel, hopefully it can be covered with text. please do tell if it's good. If so, I would like to do more chapters.

VoxPopuli

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:54 pm

image 1:
- when we first see Ah Young, you cleaned stuff that didn't need to be (well, we can delete the clean no problem, but you just spent extra effort for nothing =p). The crossed ||| is not korean ^^. There's others f them that you cleaned by the way ^^
- you don't have to clean the dialog bars either. It just indicates who is talking.
- when Sul's brother closes his eyes and cross his arms, there's a weird thing in the background, a duplicate ^^ Easy to remove for us, but ... weird ^^
- the background with converging lines is not well redrawn, but it's one of the hardest things to draw. Don't redo it yourself, we'll do it.
- next frame, after the converging lines background, there's too much cleaning on Sul's brother arm. And I notice there, as well as on previous parts, that you use a weird method to clean such place. You use a pattern or something, but you should use the clone stamp (easier, and better results usually).
- next frame again, with two little text (finishing with "..."), there's too much cleaned (for no reason). I can see a weird cloud near Sul's brother head, which is weird because it's not an area where there is anything to clean.

image 2:
- the head behind the semi-transparent bubble is a bit rough. Probably possible to hide it anyway with text.
- Ah Young text in the background with noise is a bit messed up. It's easy to do with the right tool: just use the clone stamp. CTRL click on the background to have a copy of it, then click over the sfx you want to remove ^^
- Ah young sfx with background noise. Could you try to use the stamp tool? =p

image 3:
didn't clean the author and fancafe thing but that's not a big deal.

image 5:
you changed too much thing on the ads (the horizontal gradient was completely changed? ^^)

Your cleaning is well done overall, you save us a lot of time. If you are willing to learn a bit clone stamp, it will probably be faster for you to clean, and easier, and better (you'll be next to perfect). You can't do the hardest parts, but that's not a problem you save us a lot of time anyway, we can manage.
I'll keep you cleans, but you can choose to resubmit it if you want, if you redo with clone stamp all the minors things I mentionned (not the converging lines background).
If you don't I'll do it myself and I won't be mad about it, but I think you could learn that fast.

=> you are good enough that your work is useful for us and we'll use it, but you can perfect yourself a lot with little effort, just by perfecting the use of clone stamp.

Thanks for your time ^^
You can do another chapter if you want, and/or fix a little bit this one. You'd better check chapters before you start doing them, hunting for any very difficult part you would not be able to do. Most chapters don't have hard part. Also, expect that the othrs chapters will have tinier images. That chapter was strange for me to proofread, it's rare to have such big images ^^.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  VoxPopuli Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:43 pm

thanks for the reply! as you can see, I did this quickly and I wanted to hear from you what should I work on and pay more attention to. I'll redo the panels for sure.

VoxPopuli

Back to top Go down

Post  VoxPopuli Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 am

here's the redo. I left out the panel that needs to be redrawn Razz hopefully it's somewhat better than the first try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv13cdkkvktj7lb/S03_C43.rar?dl=0

VoxPopuli

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:03 am

Yes,

I've fixed some tidbits here and there (you don't have to redo, just pointing out stuff):
- we don't keep the number on the chapter's title =p
- we don't keep punctuation in all bubbles, only when there's just punctuation and nothing else ^^ We keep punctuation in SFXes and texts when we feel we can keep them. Reason is the punctuation in bubbles has a font that is very different than the one we use, but the font in sfxes and texts is quite similar to our.
- image 2, first frame where we see Hong Joon, there's a weird thing on his head that I can't explain.

Thanks for your work, it's smashing ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down