Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skip Beat !

+11
arisa
Zarule
Oishii
Araceil
Wnee
kirakira01
Kiriyuu69
noobzilla
Shiva
Blique
Jnee
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skip Beat ! Empty Skip Beat !

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 am

I was wondering if anyone ever read Skip Beat? It's a rather popular manga which has one season of anime as well...
It's about this girl called Kyoko who enters the acting industry to get revenge on a guy named Sho Fuwa who used her in his pursue of fame then dumped her like a ragdoll. It's a very good manga Smile

I like it alot since it has a badass female main char O_O And also cos she's so innocent and naive... I just wanna be friends with her!! <3

Oh yea. So anyone read it? Smile Thoughts?

Same author also did another manga called Tokyo Crazy Paradise. (Did anyone read it?)
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Wicked (邪靈)
Class:
Race:

https://profile.facebook.com/jnchew

Back to top Go down

Skip Beat ! Empty Re: Skip Beat !

Post  Blique Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:02 am

Yeah, I've read it~ A very good storyline for a shoujo, though the latest chapters are kinda drawn out...I never really got into Tokyo Crazy Paradise.
Blique
Blique
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: For Healing Only
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 am

Yeah, I read it too..X3 I like this manga very much and it was one of the first manga I read when it was released in my country (guess it most be more than 7 years ago when the first chapter came out?oo").
But I agree with Blique the last chapters weren't as good as the previous ones..U.U
Shiva
Shiva
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Creus Sun
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

Read both ... tokyo crazy paradise was fun~ So is skip beat - i do hope she gets together with one of the boys soon so the series can end! but yeh i like skip beat~
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm

OF COURSE~<333

skip beat is like...THE ONLY SHOJO that I have read and liked...

it's awesome, and I still follow it ~<3
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Guiliastes (居)
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 pm

:O It's the only shoujo you read and liked, ki? Well, makes sense, cos it's so awesome O_O

Has anyone read to chapter 167? That's where I'm at now :3
I also think that the last few chapters weren't as good... i think maybe the artist is hitting an... artblock? What is it they call it? ._.

the last few chapters were kinda just padding out the story with big pictures. Not much story... Just a many many strips for one scene. ><
I'm dying to find out more about Ren's past though!! And I love that they're finally developing something** :3
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 pm

hahaha I have read up to 168~ the Ren in the latest chapter was so cuuuuute~<3

he was playful and been himself instead of the charismatic fake Ren image
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Kiriyuu69 wrote:hahaha I have read up to 168~ the Ren in the latest chapter was so cuuuuute~<3

he was playful and been himself instead of the charismatic fake Ren image

OMG!!! #*&@($@ ~Runs off to find chapter 168!~ BYE.
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 pm

hahaha have fun reading~!
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Phew... Finished. I WANNA EAT HIS COOKING! D: I'd eat it! I would! Sad

Hey who's your favorite character? Mine's Kyoko >Smile

She's like the most badass funniest char in the whole manga XD

I like Ren too... But I enjoy scenes where Kyoko and Sho are thrown together O_o cos they're very amusing. And intense.
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 pm

lol I like Ren the best ;P
He is soooo hot~<3333

I like Kyoko too~ she is one of the only shojo main characters that I don't hate xD

hahaha and I like Sho too~<3 even tho he is a jerk, but he is cool like that xDDD the scenes with Kyoko and Sho are sooo intense~ I like those moments too!

well about Ren's past, I think he used to have blonde hair and after he killed the Rick Guy, he died it black and tried to 'become' Rick to punish himself
or something like that.. I don't know xDDD;;
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Yea... And did you notice he always wore that watch? Even when Bo came to comfort him for the first time he was fondling it already O_O

I wonder what the watch represents...
Lol I love how Kyoko goes "KUOOOON" and the manager is like "Corn?" with a picture of corn in his thought bubble XD

Gee. I wonder why I hate most shoujo main girls...? I KNOW! Cos they steal all the hot men T_T And they're pathetic, unlike Kyoko! That's why cool main chars are a MUST ! Very Happy

:3 Squee... Ren used to torture Kyoko with his gentleman glare. Hahah especially when Sho is around, it's funny cos Sho thinks Ren is not bothered cos of his gentleman smile but in the background Kyoko and Yasihra are cowering~ Cos THEY KNOW!!! O_O
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Oh god~! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SHOJO GIRLS...
asdfajsdfdbskfj they are so annoying.. especially the pathetic ones.. like Yuuki Cross from vk..(no offence if u like her) She drives me nuts! she can't pick which guy she wants (cos she wants both) makes the two guys suffer with her! gahh gosh...okay I will stop now..

Shojo girls are so annoying...

okay Kyoko.. she is the only shojo main character that I didn't mind... becos SHE WASN'T PATHETIC~
She has a strong character and her own will.. not some sort of a pathetic looking girl that waits to be 'rescued' by her perfect Prince...

hahaha Yashiro is one of my fav too~I like his sparkly eyes~<333

I love Lory Taka too! He is funny =w=
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 pm

OMG Those are the absolute worst! Sad Especially when they are like... I love you... But I love him too... And they're like "I'll wait for you..." AND She just leaves them hanging!! D: Aghhhhh

hehe actually Kyoko has princess dreams too which is cute in her case. I wonder why? Is it cos her dreams were crushed? D: I suddenly feel sadistic. Sad

Yashiro is very cute. The cliche guy who knows what's going on between the couple and tries to push them together. Hehe. his reactions are always very funny.

I think rory is actually not bad looking for his age ;p hehehe.
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiriyuu69 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 pm

The reason why I don't hate kyoko is becos of her attitude to it... like... if Ren came around smiling gently and offering her a ride, she wouldn't be blushing and stammerring.. instead she would be horrified at Ren's smile and thinking that Ren wants to kill her or something...

like, the way she acts is funny and takes your attention away from the annoying cliche-ness of a shojo story
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Kiriyuu69 wrote:The reason why I don't hate kyoko is becos of her attitude to it... like... if Ren came around smiling gently and offering her a ride, she wouldn't be blushing and stammerring.. instead she would be horrified at Ren's smile and thinking that Ren wants to kill her or something...

like, the way she acts is funny and takes your attention away from the annoying cliche-ness of a shojo story

OMG U are totally right!! XD And when Ren kissed her she was all like O_O "Ren whirlpool" in her mind. And she was flipping out and not blushing~ There was stammering but I think it was more out of confusion than shyness and embarassment o0 Poor kyouko! She's being played around with cos she's so innocent! Poor Ren! He can't advance without her becoming all confused and pitiable!! D: OHNOES.

But seriously. Sho's kiss almost made me fall off my chair. And then Ren's admitting his first kiss was with a guy almost made me headdesk. O_O
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  kirakira01 Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm

wahhh [flails around with happiness]

it might be because i don't sneak around forums a lot, but this is the first time i've met people who has a general dislike for shoujo girls!

i honestly cannot stand how pathetic some of these girls get. have some backbone! gall! strength! besides naivety and amazing optimism.

what i like best about kyouko is that she's not this two dimensional character that shoujo girl's tend to have. her actions confuse me but there are times i can relate. i love her!

and thank you so much for using yuki as an example from vampire knights. i love kaname! but i really cannot stand her. i just grrr. i want to read the manga but i can't because of her. i'm not too sure why i dislike her so much, but there's just something about her. like when she went to say she'll kill the vampires when the time comes or when they want her to. i was just like...seriously? nice sentiment but...come on! where are you saying this from? i honestly cannot remember when she kicks ass.

and tokyo crazy paradise was absolutely enjoyable. if you like kyouko i think you'd like the main character in there too. they are similar in a sense, and i loved the action. [very tempted to go read it again now; thanks for the reminder]
kirakira01
kirakira01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 am

Kyaaaa~~~!!! Chapter 169 is out! O_O Who read it? Who read it? Very Happy I did I did!!! o/
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Skip Beat ! Empty Huh ?

Post  Wnee Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 am

Wait wait WAIT ... Kyoko & Ren are developing something ????????? Finally ????????? I stopped reading halfway cos it stopped releasing some time ago (i think) and never resumed =( Buuut the Anime was nice !! But too short ~
Wnee
Wnee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Yea :/ I hope Season 2 is released soon. Seeing it animated was cool :3
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  Araceil Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:22 am

I really really want to see the rest of Skip Beat animated.
And also, I love Kyoko, she's sooooooooo not like the other shoujo girls! I really can't read shoujo because of them most of the time, they just get on my nerves.
And I read chapter 169, it was just too cute for words. But I really want to know what was that thing that happened to make Ren have a trauma of that size. But I bet that with Kyoko by his side he'll manage to overcome it eventually ^^

Araceil
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Araceil
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:19 am

yeh its a pity, i did like the anime a lot... read chapter 170~ finally some love-dovey development..
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oishii Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 pm

This is one of the few manga I do read. It's just too funny. I don't really care about the romance, though. I just want to see Kyoko hit it big time and rub it in Sho's face XD
Oishii
Oishii
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnee Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Oishii wrote:This is one of the few manga I do read. It's just too funny. I don't really care about the romance, though. I just want to see Kyoko hit it big time and rub it in Sho's face XD

OMG Same here!! I'm just dying to see Sho's face when he gets beaten!
Jnee
Jnee
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Skip Beat ! Empty RE: Skip Beat!

Post  Zarule Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 am

SkipBeat! and TokyoCrazyParadise are on my top10 list for manga, so yea i read them - awesome humorous style! makes me want to be adopted by Nakamura Yoshiki ^^.

the slow plot of SB! didn't get to me though. but i still cant foretell the next chap, how often i might try it, i fail ^^.
in the present arch i miss dark-kyoko, setsu sure is cute.. and i'd buy a whole series of artbooks that just picture the heel-sibling's daily life XD
but i'd like kyoko to be taught how to be stronger by setsu, not only how the be a total brother-maniac, hehe. well, this arch is about ren and his darkness, so maybe i'm simply too quick in my desires *-*

greetz ^^v

Zarule

Character sheet
Name: Zareset
Class: dark chastiser
Race: elfish cyborg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next