Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight - what do you think of it?

+20
Zarule
evertosword
Musica
Yuki
Aoi
acetatedbubble
Kardia
Araceil
HappyPillz
kirakira01
Oishii
Jnee
Deddinty
kes137
Shiva
Blique
Dice Bot
Kiriyuu69
rebwaters
noobzilla
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twilight

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 13 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Twilight - what do you think of it?

Post  Aoi Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:17 am

MUST BE DESTROYED...

I don't HATE it... okay maybe I do...
But I just don't understand what was so great about the books!
The plot wasn't praise worthy... not to mention the writing...

My creative writing teacher called it "the dictionary of cliches" i couldn't agree with her more!
Actually, she called it "the dictionary of..." many things... most of which aren't things Stephanie Meyer should be proud of...

It may look nice at first glance, but when you really LOOK at it... it's intellectually deadly
Aoi
Aoi
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Marine
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Twilight - what do you think of it?

Post  Yuki Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:27 am

SERIOUSLY. Twilight sucks TO THE CORE!

I mean, what sort of vampire glitters during day?

And the 1st Twilight movie was SO BORING to the point that I fell asleep within the 1st 5 minutes.

It makes my brain ROT!

Now when I'm in my grave, I know that no one will eat my brains~ Razz
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Snow
Class: Magical Assassin
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 pm

I am currently the only one who voted "Need More!" V.V

btw, for those of you who haven't gone to my profile yet, but read this message, I AM A BOY. (yes, boys can like Twilight!)

EDIT: movie sucks, though. In fact, in the third book,
Spoiler:
so I'm wondering if they put that in the movie or not, because where I am, 4-year old girls and their parents make up the majority of the people watching the movies. O_O
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:42 am

....I think they did....according to the trailer of Edward and Bella doing *it* and Edward causing the bed frame to CRACK *LOLOLOL*!
Yuki
Yuki
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Yuki Snow
Class: Magical Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Musica Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:46 pm

..excuse me while I scream...
Spoiler:
Musica
Musica
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Musica
Class: Mage (but uses a sword)
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post  evertosword Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25 am

Blique wrote:I haven't read it...I chose the neutral option.
Yep what ^ said.

Edit: And I don't have any intention of reading it.
evertosword
evertosword
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Kaladin
Class: Stormfather
Race: Alethi

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarule Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 am

Araceil wrote:I dislike it, very VERY much.
I'm vampire-technique. Give me Dracula, or Hellsing, the Underworld movies, Anne Rice... Hell I can live with Karin (that pumps blood into her meals, not suck it out, yeah... she's the weirdo of her vampire family).
But Twilight I can't stand. They GLITTER on the sunlight!! Plus is filled to the brim with errors, many things don't make sense at all, Bella is an idiot, Edward is a creppy Gary Stu and is so filled with clichés... And I better stop before I go into rant mode.

agreed. and i'm still lolling XD.. damn hard XDD
if at least that glittering part would have been a bloody or violently sick secret, i might have recognized it as an accomplished work.
but i also see Pillz point - it was something "new" (vampires were out of topic since buffy retired way back now). so why not? i read the books, too. it was ok, though the writing isn't that exciting, so i took it for practising my english 'cuz i easily forget vocabulary. i even watched the first movie on demand of a friend, and regretted it badly. i hoped the parody would cure me from that stuporous interpretation of a forbidden love/realationship ~yuk~, but it was so poorly made, i almost cried T-T..

however, i sensed that with some "light" modifications at least the books could gain esteem, when i read the poll's vote possibilties:
Spoiler:
darn, what a load of cra* o.O
dont try looking for some sense, people (in case you actually read all the stuff above o.o)

Zarule

Character sheet
Name: Zareset
Class: dark chastiser
Race: elfish cyborg

Back to top Go down

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Empty MUST be teminated

Post  RoaringRain Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:12 pm

destroying is not it more like eradicating it from history....

but then again what would we have talk badly about then ? .... sigh so I guess i'll go with must be destroyed

RoaringRain

Back to top Go down

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Empty Twilight . . . .

Post  FuBuLy Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:46 pm

The book series written by Stephenie Meyer wasn't so bad, in my opinion; however, the movies were very, very, very disappointing. Robert Pattinson played a passable "Edward," but Kristen Stewart has absolutely zero acting talent. I've seen several of her films, and thus far each role she has taken on has been a carbon copy of the previous one; instead of acting a part, it seems more like she is just reading the script. I'm not sure how she managed to become such a hot commodity in Hollywood, given her lack of skill, and it isn't like she is exceptionally attractive, either. IDK... maybe she bribed someone who is powerful in the industry, or made a pact with the devil. Who knows?

I suggest if you had lukewarm to positive feelings about the Twilight books I would suggest reading "The Host" which is a much better story by Stephenie Meyer. It's about aliens, and is a mix between "Attack of the Body Snatchers" and "Stepford Wives." I thought it was entertaining, so hopefully you enjoy it as well!

FuBuLy

Back to top Go down

Twilight - what do you think of it? - Page 2 Empty Twilight shall be eliminated from this world and buried in the most recondit and putrefact corner of human history

Post  jane348 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Destroy them!!
I read the books out of curiosity and after that I´ve come to completely hate the "romance" genre. Ugh the books are really... The jus meke me waant to grab one of those stupid fangirls and make them meet a REAL vampire (althought they don´t exist)
I mean vampires suck H-U-M-A-N blood and they are definetely not vegetarian(drink animal blood). VAMPIRES DON´T SPARKLE!!!! And Bella just makes me want to ärgh. What kind of main heroine just curls up in fetal position for 6 months because her boyfriend left her IT completely killed the story!!!!!!

jane348

Character sheet
Name:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  LennyThynn Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:35 pm

The books were alright. Actually made me want to know the end of the story. Not the best books in the world by far, but not the worst either. I've an idea they actually wouldn't do too bad as a comic, if the artist can get it just right.

I haven't attempted the films. Mostly because the main actors are in my list of "least favourite". But also because I saw trailers. It just...looks so blergh. And really, a sparkly vampire is bad enough in my imagination, where I can tone it down, but if I have to look at it for a few hours...nonononono.

So, I also, went for the neutral option in tribute to the books.
LennyThynn
LennyThynn

Character sheet
Name: Sulimo
Class: Necromancer

http://lennythynn.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum