Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

laserdragons has a shot????

3 posters

Go down

laserdragons has a shot???? Empty laserdragons has a shot????

Post  dragoness Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:43 pm

pardon me but i heard that there is a slight chance that the webtoon abide in the wind by shin weol my be scanned here and i wanted to ask if i should get my hopes up for this webtoon to be started or not. it had only 10 chapters in english over 2 years and i just feel its STILL worth the wait so can someone tell me if its even in the running for this site???

dragoness

Back to top Go down

laserdragons has a shot???? Empty Re: laserdragons has a shot????

Post  noobzilla Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Last release 56 days by webtoon love. That's not long enough for you to be complaining about. Go to Webtoon live and thank them for their hard work instead of approaching other groups, maybe they'll speed up.

EDIT: Ah they dropped it. Nvm me.

Last edited by noobzilla on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 am

Hmmm I think WebtoonLive officially dropped this project Noobz, and if I recall, I think they already advised fans to approach other groups.

I'll submit this as a suggestion for our staff, but you'll have to wait at least two week before having an answer, because we need to gather a lot of opinions.

Also, but currently I still have no idea what's the best solution, since a project being picked up or not depends on the people willing to work on it, it's best if you could help yourself or if you know people willing to work on it. If we have people like you wanting to contribute for this project, it's more likely we pick it up.
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:37 pm

We always seem to lack staff for new projects. Plus we are active now but after summer vacation ends we might become slow again. So I would say no we don't have plans to pick up this project. But we can take a look at it and see if we might pick it up in the future (given no other group does so first).
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

laserdragons has a shot???? Empty ok:)

Post  dragoness Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 am

i was told by webtoon live to ask oddsquad . so thank you very much for the information

dragoness

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:55 am

Hello dragoness,

everyone still hasn't given his/her input, but one thing seems clear at the moment: we don't have a translator for it.
So, even if we have people willing to work on it, we do lack translator.

Bear in mind that we aren't a "big" team, so it's hard for us to accept many projects, despite how good they might seem.
I'm under the impression you'll have to ask other teams.
I'm also under the impression you weren't given a good advice at WebtoonLive: OddSquad is not a team taking project WebtoonLive is dropping (for agreement reasons), we are not big enough for this (WebtoonLive is bigger than us), and that's not how we define ourselves either (we are not a team that is taking only "problematic" webtoons).

I'd advice you to ask other teams aswell, you'll have more chance to have a positive answer. I don't know them all, but you may try EGS (very big team) and MangaCow (MangaCow seems more shounen oriented though, and abide in the wind looks very shoujoish).
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

laserdragons has a shot???? Empty ill try

Post  dragoness Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 am

wow even more advice thank you Smile i know its hard to tell with the pretty art but abide in the wind is the farthest thing from shojou in fact the romance is only a part of the plot though you could call it a dark romance for sure ....in fact its shaping into a battle/adventure webtoon as the story moves on. if you think its a good idea to ask even more teams ill try:)

dragoness

Back to top Go down

Post  Doonge Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 am

Well all teams have a "suggestion" system I think? That's here for that ^^
Doonge
Doonge
Artisan
Artisan

Back to top Go down

laserdragons has a shot???? Empty ok

Post  dragoness Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:29 am

i guess i cant give up hope now. im especially fired up now since a new chapter came in korean today. i think it was suggested that i try to help so thats a great oppritunity to practice my translation. off to work!

dragoness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down