Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amagami SS.

5 posters

Go down

Amagami SS. Empty Amagami SS.

Post  entezflare Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Since no one has posted here, I will be reviewing Amagami SS!

Background - Amagami SS is a Japanese anime by AIC, based on the Japanese dating game, Amagami. Amagami SS is seperated into six different arcs, each featuring a different heroine. The anime features the main character, Junichi Tachibana, a second-year highschool student. After a traumatizing experience two years ago on Christmas, Junichi is wary of love and dislikes Christmas; however, now he has the chance to open up once again to one of six unique heroines: Haruka Morishima, Kaoru Tanamachi, Sae Nakata, Ai Nanasaki, Rihoko Sakurai, and Tsukasa Ayatsuji.

Arc 1 (Haruka Morishima): Haruka Morishima is a very popular girl in her final year, known for her love of cute things and her legendary dog training abilities. This arc provides a few twists and unexpected results, yet maintains a clear, focused storyline. Haruka has a unique personality that leaves the watcher wondering what the next move will be, adding a few bonus points. The main downfall to this arc was its fairly generic storyline, even with the twists that define it from others. 9/10.

Arc 2 (Kaoru Tanamachi): Kaoru Tanamachi is a childhood friend of Junichi, whose unpredictable attitude leads to many pitfalls in her relationship with Junichi, and lets the watcher wonder how she'll react next. She works part time at a Family Restaurant, living with her single mother. This arc was one of my personal favorites, as it was quick to establish a good background and storyline. Although a "violent childhood friend" is a quite generic character, it's quick to see how unique Kaoru really is. The story is littered with twists, turns, and dramas, leaving this arc filled with excitement and plenty of foreshadowing. I can't really find any good point deductions other than the generic character for this arc, so I'll have to say: 9.5/10

Arc 3 (Sae Nakata): Sae Nakata is a shy girl, and a friend of Junichi's sister, Miya. Honestly, I can't review this one because the overkill flood of moe simply annoyed me , and I skipped this one. Maybe I'll review it later...

Arc 4 (Ai Nanasaki): Ai Nanasaki Is a friend and classmate of Junichi's sister, Miya. She is part of the school swim team and has a brother named Ikuo (Learned early in the story). This arc was my personal favorite. The plot itself earns great points for the creativity and unique style, seeming to keep Junichi on the border of love and dislike. Her calm, cool, non-trusting attitude changes all the time, scoring big points in the creativity field. Also, who could forget to throw in her cute character design mixed with her awesome ending theme? 10/10.

Arc 5 (Rihoko Sakurai): Rihoko Sakurai is another childhood friend of Junichi. She has a big appetite, yet spends time reading dieting books in the school library. She is a member of the tea club. The plot is one that is filled with a perfect balance of humor and drama, and a mystery of how Junichi will manage to hook her, earning a near perfect score for the plot. However, her unchanging attitude is one that I am forced to take off points for; She is exactly the same in the beginning as she is at the middle and end, earning this arc an 8/10.

Arc 6 (Tsukasa Ayatsuji) Tsukasa Ayatsuji is Junichi's class Representative (a seemingly generic character). She is known for her hard working, nice to everyone attitude, but it is quickly learned that this is all a mask. Her true self is a cunning, violent one; a true innocent looking demon. The plot if one giant drama, filled with with so many twists, the watcher never knows what to expect next. Her character is just the same, constantly changing, always unpredictable. Although not my favorite (But Rebwaters' favorite), This arc easily earns a 10/10.

That took longer than i thought it would! Anyways, if anyone feels that there is something that needs to be corrected or disproved, or if an arc earned a score it didn't deserve, please feel free to post!

entezflare
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Amagami SS. Empty Re: Amagami SS.

Post  Kiriyuu69 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:08 pm

LOL enty.. did that post take u long?

and hahaha sounds interesting.. might download it when I have time ;P
Kiriyuu69
Kiriyuu69
Trainee
Trainee

Character sheet
Name: Guiliastes (居)
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post  entezflare Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Yes. It took me QUITE long xD But it was worth it, since Amagami SS was such an awesome anime Razz

entezflare
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:56 am

You should put a picture~

Edit: I watched the first two seasons, they were REALLY good... if the next girl is that one who speaks in that squeeky annoying voice... then i'm skipping her... she makes me want to strangle her just from watching her in the short scenes she had so far.

I'll might skip the childhood friend (the dumb one) too....
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  entezflare Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:31 pm

"Edit: I watched the first two seasons, they were REALLY good... if the next girl is that one who speaks in that squeeky annoying voice... then i'm skipping her... she makes me want to strangle her just from watching her in the short scenes she had so far."

I posted them in order Razz
The girl with the shy, squeaky voice IS next. I skipped her, also XD

entezflare
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post  noobzilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

It was good! really good! i rate it 9/10 (on average) - normally i can't get into shounen romances.. but this was good~
noobzilla
noobzilla
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Jung
Class: Very High.
Race: Human

https://oddsquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  R3DKN1GHT Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:36 am

Haruka is the best character!!!!! But Nanashi also cute.....
Amagami SS is a good anime but in this anime, the process is neglected.
R3DKN1GHT
R3DKN1GHT

Back to top Go down

Post  pir Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:19 am

I am really happy that i watched this anime!

pir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum