Odd Squad Scanlations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calan, the Wanderer

2 posters

Go down

Calan, the Wanderer Empty Calan, the Wanderer

Post  Calan Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:31 pm

*nibbles cookie* *hears door knock and hides cookies, then gets into character* *opens door...*

Welcome, ladies and gents. My name is Calan - when you combine the Scottish and Gaelic definitions, it means "Victorious Child of War" - and today I will explain who I am and what the heck my character sheet is about.

I am a poet. A warrior. A wanderer. A child of the summer solstice. A dreamer. A philosopher. And a soon-to-be physicist. Emiya Shirou is my Hero. My favorite food is mousse-turtle cherry cheesecake with caramel on top (and a cherry). I liek vinozuhn (venison). My favorite color is violet/purple-aligned indigo. My favorite animal is the Red (Dire) Wolf. My favorite flower is the Gypsy Romance Iris. I like girls, am single, and not looking. I'm also an asexual virgin that treasures such purity. And I'm male. AKA You won't ever find me as the main character in ANY manga. If you don't believe me, then go to tvtropes.org. I am also a Type II Anti-Hero (Cowboy Cop/Knight In Sour Armor).

Info Sheet:

Name: Calan Highwind [mostly known as "Wanderer"]
Race: Demon [like Gui]
Class: Warrior [Lancer/Berserker]

Weapons: Spears/Lances and Chain-Claymores (Chain-Claymore in action below)

Calan, the Wanderer Chain-Claymore

Appearance: N/A

Bio: Info on the real life Calan is extremely vague; all that is known is that he has been on since day 1 of both the World and Second Life. His credit card info, if tracked, gets to a point where no one has access an it cannot be hacked into. The same goes for the IP address: though it is real and authorized, the location info can only be tracked to America - after that the coordinates cannot be found.

He never died in the World. He was part of the Highwind faction/organization but the only one who met him was its leader. Even at that time he was only called Wanderer and he was able to keep his name secret unless he revealed it. In fact, in both games very few know that his real username is Calan Highwind.

He was one of the 10 most powerful players list and even there he was labeled as "Wanderer" through the company's support. One of the things not known about him is that the company hired him as a hidden GM meant to deal with bugs and glitches, especially with NPCs. These anomalies were mostly kept from players' knowledge.

This was the reason he had the same job in Second Life. Because he was already given "special powers" to do his job accurately, he was ordered not to be the first log-in even though he could have if he desired to. These powers include auto 10% exp boost (he still had to start at level one) and 10 stat points that can be interchanged between the stats at any time. He can also use a type of magic called "runic magic" which isn't an official in-game magic but instead the name for "GM powers". Each GM has the basic powers and extra ones depending on their in-game job.

By the time Prince created Immortal City, Calan had gotten to level 80. It was rumored that he was able to beat the top player. However, he is not the most powerful player in the game. The defeat was based on a strategy that required alot of game experience - in terms of level, equipment, and skills, Calan was below the top three players. Though he should be on the top ten list, he specifically requested that the company not allow him on any list of tops.

He has apparently defeated 70% of the bosses for each continent. He refused to fight certain bosses for the reason below. During the NPC Rebellion Arc, he was made to fight the self-aware NPC army while carrying prototype versions of ND. It was because of Calan's work that the company realized the power of the program needed to destroy DoL would require the user to be destroyed as well - and that there is no way to go against that fact. Because of the experiments with ND, Calan's level became 40 right before Prince led his army to the continent. Calan's last known activity was leveling as he kept fighting more NPCs on the continent.

--------------------

Spoilers:

In truth, Calan was asked by Long Dian to take part in his experiments, not knowing the truth of them. When everyone's minds were transferred into the game and cut from their bodies, Calan managed to figure out what was going on and reconnect himself as well as a few others back to their own bodies. It was because of this that they were able to tell the company about what had happened. The bosses Calan refuses to fight are those that were trapped in the game. He does not want to murder his ex-colleagues. Now, however, the company is making him. He told them he would kill the lower mobs but not the leaders, and they cursed but agreed. It is said that he does have one self-aware NPC as a pet. The company does not know why he did so, but they suspect that he fell in love with her during Long's experiments.

One thing that even the company does not know is the reason he agreed to fight the self-aware NPCs but WITHOUT using ND - while fighting them he managed to copy all their data. After the Reputation Arc he has been trying to transfer the data (from his own hard drive) into artificial human bodies. His secret past is that he was a physicist taking part in the illegal creation of artificial human bodies. The group he was part of succeeded and transferred themselves directly into these immortal forms. However, they afterwards tried to grow literal human beings using this method and the result was the destruction of the entire area. If Calan had not been outside of the radius at the time he would have died along with everyone else.

The UN found out what happened. Though illegal, the experiments were - according to Calan - done to find ways for humans to better survive, especially in space. The experiments were done, for one main reason, to create human bodies that could withstand the effects of gravity, lack of elements, temperature, and natural devastation which kept humans from exploring the rest of the universe. Being it was seen as unethical practice with ethical results, Calan was not punished but was instead labeled as dead and hidden away by the UN. This is also the reason why he cannot be located through any means. He doesn't have anything to do so he spends pretty much all his time in-game. His body never ages nor does it need nutrition. It is directly connected to and run by natural energies and forces, so he doesn't need to take care of it.

The problem with Calan's current experiments is that instead of simply moving everything from one's self to another body, he has to change everyone from just data to the original make-up of the self as he transfers them into the artificial bodies. It's not simple at all. Because his experiments are unethical in nature, he has not notified the UN nor the company of his actions.
Calan
Calan
Reader
Reader

Character sheet
Name: Calan Highwind [mostly called "Wanderer"]
Class: Varies
Race: Demon [like Gui], Elf, or Human

Back to top Go down

Calan, the Wanderer Empty Re: Calan, the Wanderer

Post  geeuleun Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:21 am

Dude I feel like I found a mirror when reading your post
But I haven't finished reading it all, my most favorite anime hero is SABER though and you write a lot if I was in my writing mode I would have only beem able to write half of what you wrote. Anyway it's been nice reading your tale.... until now so I will commence my reading
See ya
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: flowerhorn
Class: archer
Race: Humanoid

Back to top Go down

Post  geeuleun Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 am

Okay hmmm maybe it's not a mirror hehe you're definitely unique and for imagination is deabak/amazing
Guess what we live in the same country yaay so I have 13% more probability of finding you then few days ago when I lived in a different continent
geeuleun
geeuleun
Expert
Expert

Character sheet
Name: flowerhorn
Class: archer
Race: Humanoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content